Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well don't shoot the messager there yeehaa, people could have also jumped down your throat over your reasoning for the 3 blokes going to LBU.
As for Wilson, my info is from someone close to Ben, he kicked the winning goal in the 2007 grand final win and his last quarter was very good but hadn't hardly had a kick up till then and the standard was very ordinary.
If Ben was to return, once again based on my info, is that Ben might struggle to adjust back up to GV standard and he apparently was offered a position with Colbo for season 2008 and considered it, and he may have his toes in a few ponds, without jumping into any of them.;)

thanks for the update freeze...spoke to my source again and he told me they are confident he will sign with colbo when he comes back in Feb...He has won 3 A grade flags in 3 years, not a bad effort...

Dale Reyne is the one i am talking about...

More bad news for Ky with confirmation Withers, Calma-Holt and O'Sullivan aren't returning from Darwin.

Not overly surprised by O'sullivan or Calma Holt but Withers is a bot of a surprise. Huge loss if true. I'm assuming that you have a reliable source if this information is confirmed?

Could you provide a couple of the reasons why Ollie may still play for Echuca?

The travel factor to go to places like Balranald, the better standard of footy and a close friendship with a couple of Echuca players. There is no doubt that Leitchville/ Gunbower are warm favs to gain his services but I would'nt totally discount Echuca!

Roberts to return

Euroa club president John Ivill announced to players and supporters last week that Relton Roberts will be returning to the club this season.

Roberts played for the club last season and was one of the best recruits seen in GVFL for many years. He represented the League in the VCFL championships and was selected in the Victorian side to play in the Australian Country Championships.

Magpie supporters will be happy to see Roberts's speed and agility once again when he lines up for the 2009 season. At present he is playing for Wanderers Football Club in the Northern Territory competition, where he is hopeful of playing finals football as his team is currently sitting in fourth position on the ladder.

The Euroa Club is pleased to announce also that Roberts will not be coming alone: four other Wanderers' players will be joining the Magpies for the 2009 season. This is great news for the club, which was shaken late last year to lose Clayton, Jansz, Clarke, Grainger and Lamaro.

Roberts will be employed in Shepparton as a Student Support Officer at the Academy of Sport, Health and Education (ASHE). The ASHE program focuses on individuals and their personal needs by providing individualised education and career planning. He will be joined in the ASHE program by the other Wanderers' players making the trip down south to play with Euroa.

Not overly surprised by O'sullivan or Calma Holt but Withers is a bot of a surprise. Huge loss if true. I'm assuming that you have a reliable source if this information is confirmed?

Withers is playing with Ky and has prebooked flights for the early part of the season. Dont discount either Calma Holt or O'sullivan, will depend on circumstances and Ky's position re player needs.

Roberts to return

Roberts will be employed in Shepparton as a Student Support Officer at the Academy of Sport, Health and Education (ASHE). The ASHE program focuses on individuals and their personal needs by providing individualised education and career planning. He will be joined in the ASHE program by the other Wanderers' players making the trip down south to play with Euroa.

Grouse, My son loves playing footy,
Walks to the Ground for Training, Monday and Thursday.
Plays EVERY week. Helps out in the Kiosk, Idolizes some of the Greats of the CLUB. Won numerous awards from VIC kick through to NOW ( Possible senior Lvl, 12+ yrs of footy).
(For FREE)
But still can't get a job in Shep.
Will Relton or his mates help my young bloke get a job in Darwin ?????

Well done Guys. ;)

Plays EVERY week. Helps out in the Kiosk, Idolizes some of the Greats of the CLUB. Won numerous awards from VIC kick through to NOW ( Possible senior Lvl, 12+ yrs of footy).
(For FREE)

Well done Guys. ;)

Wow another highly uneducated post that reverts back to how good your kid is. Shouldnt you still be argueing with 15 year olds on the U18's thread, using all the cool SMS type abreviations you've picked up to show that "you're up with it"? Absolute dribble, which is embarrassing enough for yourself as a grown man, but even worse for your poor kid who is no doubt copping the flack for you being a douche... :eek:

(For FREE)

Well done Guys. ;)

Father of the year for your sons stake please stop posting on this forum about him, im embarrased for him. It was bad enough having my old man coach in under 12s because my mates then would get stuck into me.....your sons around 18 he must be copping a lot of crap. Stop making a fool of yourself and him..........I could barely even read what u posted i had my hand over my eyes cringing, its like watching an episode of neighbours!!!!

(For FREE)

Well done Guys. ;)
give it a rest digg,the boy cops enough crap for the bad habbits he has picked up at home

Hey Ronald, I read on another thread that Tav Perry is moving to Bendigo. Any chance of him returning to Rochy?

Hey mate, this is the first I have heard of that, and no I don't think he will play at Rochy. Brodie Montague on the other hand, signed the other day, opting not to travel back to Ainslie to play. Good effort by the kid as he was offered a fair amount of coin back there, but stated his reason for playing at Rochy as wanting to play in a flag with his home club. Good to see not all footy loyalty has been lost to the ever increasing $$$$$$$$$$$

(For FREE)

Well done Guys. ;)

Dear Mr Wilson,
I am writing to congratulate you on winning the worst post for 2009 and its only Jan 21:eek:. I would also like to pass on my best wishes to your boy because he is now going to cop sledging from every supporter and opponent in the GV! I believe that you have ruined any chance your boy has of a successful career in this region. I would also like to congratulate you on the racial undertones of the above intellectual post:eek::eek:. And just think of the attention you may recieve from opposition supporters. Its a shame because with some direction and discipline your son maybe a good footballer but if he's not .....no doubt that will be everybody elses fault!!!!!! You have made a fool of yourself and the kid! Leave it alone, leave him alone and leave the" love in " for behind closed doors.

give it a rest digg,the boy cops enough crap for the bad habbits he has picked up at home

He might be stickin up for his young bloke, but I read it as though the Darwin boys may have had jobs created for them, in that endless supply of money (government department), whilst his young bloke cannot get work in the local area.
Read to me that he might have been letting a bit of steam off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey mate, this is the first I have heard of that, and no I don't think he will play at Rochy. Brodie Montague on the other hand, signed the other day, opting not to travel back to Ainslie to play. Good effort by the kid as he was offered a fair amount of coin back there, but stated his reason for playing at Rochy as wanting to play in a flag with his home club. Good to see not all footy loyalty has been lost to the ever increasing $$$$$$$$$$$

Rushy Tiger.....Are you referring to Guy Cambpell when you said "Good to see not all footy loyalty has been lost to the ever increasing $$$$$$$$$$$ ".

I would think not!!!!! Rochy still happy to pay blokes who are not loyal!!!!:confused: He will suck you dry then move on to drain another club!!!! Evidence is in his history.

Rushy Tiger.....Are you referring to Guy Cambpell when you said "Good to see not all footy loyalty has been lost to the ever increasing $$$$$$$$$$$ ".

I would think not!!!!! Rochy still happy to pay blokes who are not loyal!!!!:confused: He will suck you dry then move on to drain another club!!!! Evidence is in his history.
Although it may seem like that on the surface, I can assure you that is not the case regarding Campbell. He has reasons as to why he has played where he has for the last couple of years and they are certainly not money driven.

Obviously a player of his calibre would attract big offers from clubs, and he wouldn't have played at Echuca United, Echuca or Rochester for free, but you will find by not just believing the rumours you hear, that in fact, he plays for a lot less than you think.

It would seem that you're involved within the Echuca or follow the club pretty closely, so perhaps you could ask Brad Smith when you see him around the club next as to why Guy played there last year.

And don't forget, if clubs are willing to dish out big money for high-priced recruits, it's no-one's fault but their own if they get 'sucked dry' by a money driven player.

Withers no missing Linc
Linc Withers has been labelled as ``100 per cent committed'' to Kyabram for this year's Goulburn Valley Football League season.
Bombers president Peter Croxford yesterday quashed rumors last year's co-Morrison medallist was leaving the club, insisting the classy midfielder would be in the red and black this year.
However, Croxford did confirm that young on-baller Matt Deledio was departing the club and heading to Coburg Tigers in the VFL.
``Linc is definitely coming back to Kyabram this season,'' Croxford said.
``Matt is heading off to uni in Melbourne this year, so he won't be playing with us.''
The Bombers have already signed Josh Linton from Melbourne, a 183cm on-baller who can also play up forward or in the backline, and are currently in talks with two other players to fill the Deledio void.
``Matt leaves a big hole in the midfield, but we are talking to another bloke at the minute who is a very good on-baller,'' Croxford said.
``We are probably looking for someone to fill Deledio's shoes and a tall forward.''
While Withers has committed to another year at the Bombers, fellow Darwin recruit Jethro Calma-Holt is yet sign on with the club.
``Jethro has got a young family now and is not sure what he will be doing for this season the travel might be a bit too much for him this year,'' Croxford said.
The Bombers look to be standing in good stead, with 12 under-18 players from last year making the step up in to senior football.
``We have a good strong playing list with plenty of numbers and depth, so we are looking forward to a good season,'' Croxford said.
``We will be aiming for finals again this season and I'd like to think we could maybe aim for a top four finish this year.
``Last season we just aimed to make the finals, which we did, but I think we will be aiming a bit higher this year.''
Croxford also confirmed that Balraj Singh had signed with Bendigo league club Eaglehawk for next season.

Deledio grabs opportunity to better himself
The opportunity for a new challenge is behind Kyabram on-baller Matt Deledio's decision to attempt to crack VFL football this year.
Last season's Goulburn Valley Football League Rising Star has moved to Melbourne and is training with Richmond-affiliated Coburg in the hope of playing regular VFL football this season.
``I just wanted to try out a new challenge and give the VFL a crack while I'm still young,'' the 19-year-old said from Melbourne yesterday.
``I haven't really spoken to them much about actually playing, but I guess (my goal) will be to play as many senior games as I can.''
Matt is living with his brother, Richmond star Brett Deledio, and found out on Monday he has been accepted into RMIT to study property valuation.
``Brett saved a bed down here for me, so it's been a pretty smooth move,'' he said.
While excited about the year ahead, Deledio said it was difficult to leave Kyabram.
``It's always hard to leave the club where you've grown up and where a lot of your mates are,'' he said.
``But I had a chat to a few people and they all said I need to try and better myself while I'm still young.''
Deledio said while he was pleased with last season as a whole, there was also some regret the Bombers were knocked out early in the finals.
``Making the finals for the first time in 10 years was excellent, but it would have been better if we could have gone a bit deeper into the finals,'' he said.
Deledio said Kyabram coach David Williams had been a huge influence in helping him improve as a player last season.
``I would go to `Dirty' (Williams) most weeks and ask him about areas I could improve and he was always keen to help me out or offer extra advice.
``Him and Dad were the big influences on me this year and helped me to improve

Bright light to guide midfield

Mooroopna has moved swiftly to replace departed ruckman Jake Cowman, signing Billy Dixon from the Balmain Dockers for this year's Goulburn Valley Football League season.
Dixon was named ruckman in the Sydney Premier Division Team of the Year last season and will add strength and height to the midfield as the Cats look to go one step further this season.
``Billy is from Bright originally and has played a bit of footy in the Ovens and Murray, so he knows the football around here fairly well,'' Mooroopna coach Brad Campbell said yesterday.
``The Sydney Premier Division is the main division outside of the AFL up there, so he has played some quality football.
``He is 192cm, came second in his club best-and-fairest last year and was named as ruckman in the league team of the year, so I think he is going to be a pretty versatile player for us and I think he has plenty to offer the club.''
The Cats have also welcomed a new assistant coach to the fray, Shepparton Swans legend Wayne ``Jika'' Ford, who will focus on guiding the backline this year.
Campbell said they were still talking to a number of players and hoped to have a few committed to the club within the next couple of weeks.
The club also had high hopes that a handful of young players would step up and play senior footy this year.
``We did a lot of good things last year. We played some great footy in the home and away season, but unfortunately we couldn't continue it at the business end and perform when it mattered, so we'll certainly be looking to have an impact in finals this year,'' Campbell said.
``We are trying to recruit a few more guys with a bit of height and presence that can fill our key positions.
``We also have a good group of about eight kids coming out of the thirds and I would expect all these to play seniors in the next few years.''

He might be stickin up for his young bloke, but I read it as though the Darwin boys may have had jobs created for them, in that endless supply of money (government department), whilst his young bloke cannot get work in the local area.
Read to me that he might have been letting a bit of steam off!

i'm with you sparra - that's the way it reads to me

Although it may seem like that on the surface, I can assure you that is not the case regarding Campbell. He has reasons as to why he has played where he has for the last couple of years and they are certainly not money driven.

Obviously a player of his calibre would attract big offers from clubs, and he wouldn't have played at Echuca United, Echuca or Rochester for free, but you will find by not just believing the rumours you hear, that in fact, he plays for a lot less than you think.

It would seem that you're involved within the Echuca or follow the club pretty closely, so perhaps you could ask Brad Smith when you see him around the club next as to why Guy played there last year.

And don't forget, if clubs are willing to dish out big money for high-priced recruits, it's no-one's fault but their own if they get 'sucked dry' by a money driven player.

Very well said, tucky!

i'm with you sparra - that's the way it reads to me

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this www.bigfooty.com not www.vic.gov.au. He's mouthing off like Relton has personally stole a job off his son, when in reality he’s improving his skills through a GOVERNMENT funded initiative to aid people who haven’t had the education and training available to them (he didnt grow up in a place like mooroopna or shepp). How is that not utter dribble like all his other posts? :confused:

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this www.bigfooty.com not www.vic.gov.au. He's mouthing off like Relton has personally stole a job off his son, when in reality he’s improving his skills through a GOVERNMENT funded initiative to aid people who haven’t had the education and training available to them (he didnt grow up in a place like mooroopna or shepp). How is that not utter dribble like all his other posts? :confused:
Your on fire Jim.. Not bad for a bell ringing snow dropper.
Dont forget to add that if the kids any good not only will he get a game, the club will do it's best to find him a job. ;)

[/color]

If I was referring to Guy Campbell I would have used him as an example. I was saying that Brodie has made a good decision about his football future by not letting figures get in the way of dreams and ambitions. I think you will find that Guy has some close connections with Rochester as well. I am not saying that he will play for nothing and nor should he be expected to either.
Some connections:
*Rochester captain goes out with his sister
*Played at the Diggers with no less than three current Rochester players (including the coach).

If I was referring to Guy Campbell I would have used him as an example. I was saying that Brodie has made a good decision about his football future by not letting figures get in the way of dreams and ambitions. I think you will find that Guy has some close connections with Rochester as well. I am not saying that he will play for nothing and nor should he be expected to either.
Some connections:
*Rochester captain goes out with his sister
*Played at the Diggers with no less than three current Rochester players (including the coach).
Precisely. If he was money driven, I'm sure he would have said yes to the $30,000 offered to him to play the final ten games of last year's MFL season with Barooga. And that is an absolute fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back