Goulburn Valley FL - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy to see why Dirty has taken on the Ky job. Apart from the obvious challenge of dragging the club up from the bottom he is working with a large group of pretty talented kids who will serve Ky for a long time. Like Echuca, Ky have a bright future and Dirty isn't afraid to play the kids. For Ky it was definately a case of right coach at the right time. He will mould these kids into playing the sort of footy he demands.

Does anyone who Benalla have picked up over the pre-season and who they have lost?

I know they picked up James Martinello, And where has Rowan Priest gone?

Does anyone who Benalla have picked up over the pre-season and who they have lost?

I know they picked up James Martinello, And where has Rowan Priest gone?

Priest has signed with Rosebud, although his clearance is still 'pending.'

Don't really know much about them this year, although the consensus is that they will struggle.

Easy to see why Dirty has taken on the Ky job. Apart from the obvious challenge of dragging the club up from the bottom he is working with a large group of pretty talented kids who will serve Ky for a long time. Like Echuca, Ky have a bright future and Dirty isn't afraid to play the kids. For Ky it was definately a case of right coach at the right time. He will mould these kids into playing the sort of footy he demands.

from what i have heard dirty has done a great job so far with the kids and as u said he demands u to play a great standard of footy and that seems to be bring a lot out oof those kids. he will be at ky for as long as he wants u would think. ky have got a great crop of kids and it seem unlike a few years ago they are all starting to hang around and thats great to see. ky seems to be goin in the right direction the only thing they have to do now is get that herrick out of the club cos i have seen what he can do to a club and its not nice. and as u can see ppl wont put up with him they will jus move on. i am very surprised that a bloke like dave has allowed him to be still there. he is not the bloke u want to have power at a footy club.

Youth has Bombers flying into round one
With regular core players including Morrison medallist Linc Withers, skipper Josh Vick, Zane Coventry and relentless tagger Steve Thomson missing

surely steve thomson will be giving a bit more of a free run to try and get a touch of the ball himself this year? instead of game after game tagging.

surely steve thomson will be giving a bit more of a free run to try and get a touch of the ball himself this year? instead of game after game tagging.

I think you'll find that he has only found the ball when he is playing on someone.

He does plent of running without getting much of it if he is not tagging someone taking him to it every time.

I think you'll find that he has only found the ball when he is playing on someone.

He does plent of running without getting much of it if he is not tagging someone taking him to it every time.

seen thomo play alot and i think u boys are under ratin him when he played a few games on a back flank last year he got alot of the ball but it is jus that ky looks alot better when he is doin a job on the oppistions best ball winner and i have rarely seen him get beaten the only one i can remember is scanlon and no one can hold that on him can they

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there is no way of seeing the selected line-up's for this weekend's matches... I looked in the shep news but they didn't have the seymour or benalla squads.... shit house set-up really for a league that's ment to be one of the best in country Victoria...

I'm 99% certain that they don't have the teams listed on the new site. I think the reason is because it's a piece of shit.

I appreciate the efforts of whoever does the site but surely it can be better than some of the neighbouring leagues. At the very least an update daily and someone with IT experience helping out would be a starting point. :confused:

I appreciate the efforts of whoever does the site but surely it can be better than some of the neighbouring leagues. At the very least an update daily and someone with IT experience helping out would be a starting point. :confused:

Exactly. The GV is the biggest and best league in the area. From my understanding, it's very easy to keep it updated, it just takes a bit of effort.

Shepparton News said:
Yze's Ominous Warning
By Ashleigh Williamson

It was as if Damien Yze had never left Princess Park.

The goalkicking maestro yesterday played his first senior match back for Shepparton Swans since mid-2005, but up until three-quarter-time against Mooroopna had been well-held to just two goals.
Yze then showed everyone the form that has made him one of country Victoria's most prolific forwards of the past decade, kicking five last quarter goals to single-handedly inspire the Swans to a 16-point victory against the Cats.
Yze finished with seven goals to send an ominous warning to the rest of the Goulburn Valley Football League that despite being 34, he will still be among the competition's dominant forwards. While Yze put on a show in the final term, his brother and Swans captain, Ramadan, played a brilliant four-quarter game to among the best on ground.
``Damien was really good in the last quarter but I thought Ramadan Yze was fantastic,'' Swans coach Peter White said.
``He held (Craig) Whelan to only two goals and played a really good leader's game down back.''
The first three quarters was full of momentum changes with neither side at any stage ahead by more than three goals.
Mooroopna led by 18 points at quarter-time, but the Swans fought back to be ahead by five points at the half.
The Swans' advantage was cut to just one point by the final change, until Yze weaved his magic in the last.
The best of his five last quarter majors was his first _ a genius soccer goal from about 25m out close to the boundary line.
Yze's other four goals were all set shots, three from tight angles, to give the Swans a 29-point lead midway through the last.
Mooroopna kicked the last three goals but it was too late as the Swans prevailed 15.7 (97) to 12.9 (81).
Glenn Dundovic proved the perfect foil for Yze with five goals _ four in the first half _ while Rob Osborne kicked six for Mooroopna before limping off late in the game with a calf complaint.
Mooroopna has a further injury concern after midfielder Blake Campbell took little part in the last quarter with a hip problem. Mat Hebbard starred in defence and Jarrod Sutherland dominated the ruck to be among the Swans best, while Tyson Warnett, Trevor Bell and Brad Lowe played well for Mooroopna.

Shepparton News said:
Bombers fly high to open against Lions
By Gus Underwood

The Kyabram Bombers have got airborne early, making a dream start to the new season with a 28-point win over last year's runner-up, Seymour, in an entertaining GVFL opening round clash at Kyabram on Saturday.

The Bombers made a blistering beginning, booting eight goals to two in the first term, to set up the win against tenacious rivals who fought back doggedly for the rest of the game without ever quite looking likely to steal the win.
Kyabram swarmed all over the shellshocked Lions in the first quarter.
The elusive David Newman, Josh Pell, Chris Atkins, tenacious youngster Liam Ogden, Xavier Hilton and Brad Edwards sparked the Bombers with an impressive and decisive brand of flowing football.
David Newman and Josh Pell were able to hurt the Lions around goals where impressive Tongala recruit Luke McGill and Paul Newman also kept the goals ticking over while Seymour tried unsuccessfully to stem the constant Kyabram forward sortees.
McGill kicked a goal with his first kick in GVFL football and finished the game with four goals to prove a good foil for the supreme aerialist Paul Newman.
Under siege, Brendan Liddell, Jason Cole, veteran Joe Amad and Grant Hateley tried desperately to hold things together for the Lions. But only star recruit Paul Colbert up forward looked dangerous in the few times Seymour took the ball forward.
But with the slippery Saad Saad and Dom Russo sparking to life in the second quarter in Seymour's forward zone and the tall and athletic Colbert still an aerial option, the Lions were able to steady and match their rivals on the scoreboard.
Saad was at his brilliant and elusive best with four goals for the quarter but Kyabram still held a handsome 30-point lead at half-time.
Kyabram kept the Lions at bay by that margin in the third term as Atkins, Edwards and Butler and impressive new recruit Josh Linton in defence remained in the thick of the fray for the home side. But with Atkins, Edwards, Pell, the Newmans, Ogden, Butler and ruckman Zane Coventry in particularly rising to the challenge, the Bombers were able to regroup and fend off the last ditch bid by Seymour to pinch the game.

Shepparton News said:
Magpie recruit shows prowess around goals to help in win
By Teo Pellizzeri

Early contenders for goal of the year from Darwin recruit Mitchell Taylor lifted Euroa to a thrilling 14-point win against Benalla on Saturday night.

The Magpies started their Goulburn Valley Football League campaign with a 16.7 (103) to 12.17 (89) victory to leave Benalla Showgrounds with four precious points.
Benalla was left to rue its inaccurate kicking in the second term and a late Euroa burst which cut a potential match-winning lead to just 14 points at the long break.
Taylor, who played only four senior games for Wanderers in Northern Territory Football League in summer, was electric in the second half.
The long-legged utility used his blistering pace to put Benalla on notice in the third term as he evaded opponents and charged into the forward 50m to kick a goal.
But a resilient Benalla kept Euroa at bay through the third term, with Ricky Symes' five-goal haul keeping the Saints in front by 10 at the last change.
When Josh Mellington took a contested grab and goaled from 30m in the opening minutes of the last quarter it looked like the Saints might be the ones to take the game away.
But a running snap from Taylor gave Euroa momentum and he followed it immediately from the centre bounce by winning the ball, dashing to 30m out and goaling again. Pat Horsburgh, Euroa's best across the four quarters, sunk his second long-range goal of the night after finding space on the 50m line to give the Magpies safety and a margin Benalla couldn't reel in.

GV round 1 reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back