Goulburn Valley FL U/18's - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 2)

Really hard to pick a winner out of the 2 sides. United are in good form and on paper Echuca have the best list in the competition.The problem may be in the fact that Echuca have too many changes. Herrick and Gorman are away at school and dont train with the group and its ahrd to see them being a totally united group, especially going on the comments from parents on the boundary line last Sunday.
United are rolling along and must fancy themselves. I wonder who the Ky boys would rather play?
I still think Echuca will win. Word out of Ky is that Ogden is struggling with the shoulder injury he copped against the Swans and is in real doubt still for the Granny.
yes i can confirm that Ogden needs a shoulder reconstruction and will miss the rest of the season

Really hard to pick a winner out of the 2 sides. United are in good form and on paper Echuca have the best list in the competition.The problem may be in the fact that Echuca have too many changes. Herrick and Gorman are away at school and dont train with the group and its ahrd to see them being a totally united group, especially going on the comments from parents on the boundary line last Sunday.
United are rolling along and must fancy themselves. I wonder who the Ky boys would rather play?
I still think Echuca will win. Word out of Ky is that Ogden is struggling with the shoulder injury he copped against the Swans and is in real doubt still for the Granny.

Its fair enough for parents to be upset when their son misses out but the Echuca boys have been aware of this all year and I don't think it will be a distraction. Shepp United have done exactly the same so it would be the same for them except they have won last week so their selections are justified. I would expect the echuca boys to be totally primed for this game and very keen to atone for last weeks performance!

Should be a great agme on Sunday between 2 very good sides, really hard to pick a winner with a toss of the coin deciding for me Echuca by a whisker.
Interesting to note that Echuca haven't selected clymo, have heard he was ineligible tp play against Ky as he only played 2 games. If this is the case what a stuff up by Echuca.
A question to all other sides. Did Jordan Williams actually play against you on the ground or was he just named on team sheets???? Interested to hear your news.

Should be a great agme on Sunday between 2 very good sides, really hard to pick a winner with a toss of the coin deciding for me Echuca by a whisker.
Interesting to note that Echuca haven't selected clymo, have heard he was ineligible tp play against Ky as he only played 2 games. If this is the case what a stuff up by Echuca.
A question to all other sides. Did Jordan Williams actually play against you on the ground or was he just named on team sheets???? Interested to hear your news.

Apparantly the league gave the club a sheet saying he was eligible for finals but then notified the club after last week that he was'nt. The club went off the league records so this is where the confusion lies. He may not have played anyhow as he is carrying multiple injuries. Williams stepped on the ground a couple times I think.

round 15 - did Williams play against Benalla or was he simply named on the team sheet?? Something smells here!

Should be some really good young talent on display at deakin Sunday. Both sides will have players that have played seniors and will be very good senior players in the future.

well he played, and echuca flogged united in a deserved win.. united couldnt handle echuca's pressure...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bad news for ky, i heard from their saturday morning session that Nathan Beck strained his hamstring, not all good with Ogden out also, maybe echucas day on sunday

I don't think so. I don't think he played enough games to qualify. Perhaps someone else could enlighten us?

Someone said earlier in the thread that he played when he wasn't meant to and then didn't play last week because the league made a mistake. But there seems to be some confusion about it.

Someone said earlier in the thread that he played when he wasn't meant to and then didn't play last week because the league made a mistake. But there seems to be some confusion about it.
If I was part of Echuca's under 18 team's coaching staff, I wouldn't make any changes to last week's side. They were simply outstanding. A massive improvement on the previous week. I think any changes would interupt what looked to be a very settled side. Unless there is an injury within the team, I see no need for Clymo to come in, although I still don't think he's eligible.

If I was part of Echuca's under 18 team's coaching staff, I wouldn't make any changes to last week's side. They were simply outstanding. A massive improvement on the previous week. I think any changes would interupt what looked to be a very settled side. Unless there is an injury within the team, I see no need for Clymo to come in, although I still don't think he's eligible.

Where did Morris play? He was named on a forward flank and got in the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back