Goulburn Valley FL U/18's - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked for there guns. Young is limited in where he can play due to his size and turns the footy over, Syer is not a gun by any stretch of the imagination. Harris is Under 16 and should be playing with his school, typical Bears taking juniors before they should. He is a good junior player no doubt but if he plays with the Bears all year his body will break down. Thomson and Cosgriff are just players, nothing startling. Crawford has been on the Bushies list for two years and played one game. He is a good player and probably there only gun.

geez mate u must get out and watch alot of football in sayin thomson and cosgriff are just players and harris wanted to play at bears when he doesnt play in melbourne and i wouldnt say chappy doesnt miss targets but u must go to every game and watch them

I asked for there guns. Young is limited in where he can play due to his size and turns the footy over, Syer is not a gun by any stretch of the imagination. Harris is Under 16 and should be playing with his school, typical Bears taking juniors before they should. He is a good junior player no doubt but if he plays with the Bears all year his body will break down. Thomson and Cosgriff are just players, nothing startling. Crawford has been on the Bushies list for two years and played one game. He is a good player and probably there only gun.

Bushies list in 2008 played 1 game, plus 2 rounds of 2009, played 2 games doesn't make 2 years. Don't try and distort the facts.

Cam Hall was signed to United as an under 16, or is this somehow different?

He was also asked to ruck against Echuca as a 16yo when he was no way ready for that role.

And yes Harris is playing footy for his school, Carey College in the APS. Check your facts.

The discussion that theBboi raised related to the Bears. I know too well that there are players at United in similar position. Bears have a history of taking Under 16 players. We rarely do.

Good to see that Harris is playing for a school. He will be a better player in the future for it. I was merely commenting as a football follower who noticed that Harris was cleared from his school to the Bears. I would have thought the observation that he was playing with the Bears was fair. Thats where I got my facts from. The official website.
If you're good enough to play against older and better opposition why not have a crack? No point playing against lesser opposition. You always learn more playing against a better opponent.

If you're good enough to play against older and better opposition why not have a crack? No point playing against lesser opposition. You always learn more playing against a better opponent.

Totally agree, the Bears have had a bit of sucess with their talent ID and blooding kids early such as Keath, Patone, Lowden, Crawford and Harris as 16yo's. All have at least played TAC, and Harris now with the Oakleigh Chargers's U16's program.

I still see no point having FC09 (an adult) having a crack at Crawford (a kid) who clearly was on the bushies list only since the start of 08 as a bottom ager, played 1 game, played both games in 09 and will probably play most games in 09, but diminishes that effort by saying he has been on the Bushies list for 2 years and only played 1 game. FC09 I thought you were better than that.

Totally agree, the Bears have had a bit of sucess with their talent ID and blooding kids early such as Keath, Patone, Lowden, Crawford and Harris as 16yo's. All have at least played TAC, and Harris now with the Oakleigh Chargers's U16's program.

I still see no point having FC09 (an adult) having a crack at Crawford (a kid) who clearly was on the bushies list only since the start of 08 as a bottom ager, played 1 game, played both games in 09 and will probably play most games in 09, but diminishes that effort by saying he has been on the Bushies list for 2 years and only played 1 game. FC09 I thought you were better than that.
Crawford has not, of yet, played any TAC Cup games in 09

[/b][/u]

You have no idea who I am. Not having a crack at anyone. I merely stated the facts. Crawford has played just 1 bushies game. It is irrelevant that he was bottom age - so was Sidebottom I believe.

You somehow miss the point again, he has played 1 game in 1 year not 2 years. At the end of this year his TAC record will in all probability will be 22 games in 2 years. For some reason you seem to want to misrepresent Crawford's record even though he is yet to complete his second year.

Get your facts right please.

[/b][/u]

You have no idea who I am. Not having a crack at anyone. I merely stated the facts. Crawford has played just 1 bushies game. It is irrelevant that he was bottom age - so was Sidebottom I believe.

Settle down everyone, the season has just started so just hold back assessments on players until at least mid year. AJ has played just one game last year with the bushies and we are only coming up to round 3 so please be patient. The lad will get his chance soon enough I hope.

Tatura seem to be lacking in ability this year, anyone know whats going on there? i know that there are only two players playing seniors that are still eligeble for thirds, they being billy lovell and james walters.. but surely two players shouldnt hurt a side.. does anyone have any assessments on where they are going wrong?

so anyone wanna make there tips for the round
united V mooropna ? margin
shepparton v swans ? margin
kyabram V euroa ? margin
seymour v mansfeild ? margin
rochester V echuca ? margin
tatura V bennalla ? margin

Benalla have a huge in this week, in Nick Abley. The kid is a leather magnet. Will dominate this year for sure. However they may struggle through the early part of the year, losing about 5 top age players to fill up the seconds each week, as well as 4 regular senior players. Look out come finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benalla have a huge in this week, in Nick Abley. The kid is a leather magnet. Will dominate this year for sure. However they may struggle through the early part of the year, losing about 5 top age players to fill up the seconds each week, as well as 4 regular senior players. Look out come finals
i would have gave him best on for violet town seniors last time i played him. theres a promising football future ahead for the young kid you would think.

i think 1 problem would at there centre half forward should b rucking .. tallest man on the groung would b close 2 the tallest in the league . is a waste 2 play him at cb ... win the ball out of the centre is the key and youd think they would play the best and tallest player in the guts .
Just because someones the tallest doesn't make him the best ruckman at the club.

so anyone wanna make there tips for the round
united V mooropna ? margin
shepparton v swans ? margin
kyabram V euroa ? margin
seymour v mansfeild ? margin
rochester V echuca ? margin
tatura V bennalla ? margin

United- 32 points
Bears- 3 points
Kyabram- 47 points
Seymour- 11 points
Echuca- 29 points
Benella- 19 points

pretty much guesses! see how I go! : )

hey guys once again its early in the week but im keen to find out what u think willgo down this weekend .... tips?
ky V tat ? margin
mrp V benalla? margin
united V bears? margin
swans V rochy? margin
echuca V mansfield? margin
seymour V euroa? margin

good luck 2 alll teams this week but id say if u were tipping it seams like a pretty easy round

hey guys once again its early in the week but im keen to find out what u think willgo down this weekend .... tips?
ky V tat ? margin
mrp V benalla? margin
united V bears? margin
swans V rochy? margin
seymour V euroa? margin

good luck 2 alll teams this week but id say if u were tipping it seams like a pretty easy round

id have to say
ky - 50 + points
mrp - 12 points
united - 30 points
swans - 35 points
echuca - 60 points
seymore - 45 points

ky V tat ? margin
mrp V benalla? margin
united V bears? margin
swans V rochy? margin
seymour V euroa? margin

kyabram
mooroopna
shepparton
swans
mansfield
seymour

So these are your guns! No wonder you did not win on the weekend. I came across after our game at Mooroopna to watch these players you highlighted and all I can say is thank god you had AJ playing. The bloke who gives your best players must have been in the reunion room - how could he say Gibson, Tennant and O'Sullivan were in the best.

The Swans were ordinary except for 10 minutes in the last quarter and they still beat you by 7 goals!!!!

Taking into consideration that you are a United follower i understand that you take great pride in depicting Bears as a useless side with useless players. There were plenty of good players out on the field last weekend for Bears but i think that they went unrecognised because they lost the game. No doubt that you will be at the game this weekend discussing with your chum mates the fact of how useless you think the Bears side is.

i think there more chance of him and ME just getting on with the game and trying 2 get the 4 points bud.... no point talking about how shit a team is untill u beat them so thats what we will b trying 2 do this week and every other week this year :thumbsu:

plus doesnt matter how shit a team looks on paper depends on how well they jell 2gether :)

How are you and footyclassified09 going to just get on with the game and in anyway help get the 4 points for the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back