Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be one of WalterBlaknWhte's kids.

I was in the carpark traffic after a WestsTigers league game

Daughter was then 8, son 7

Sunny day, windows down, fans walking past

Angels’ ‘Am I ever gonna see your face again’ comes on the radio

Naturally, an opportunity for the kids to learn he fans’ chorus of, ‘no way, get f*cked, f*ck off!’

Kids were belting it out

Woman stops to tell me I am a disgrace as a parent

Traitorous kids loved it and told her I was a disgrace

I was in the carpark traffic after a WestsTigers league game

Daughter was then 8, son 7

Sunny day, windows down, fans walking past

Angels’ ‘Am I ever gonna see your face again’ comes on the radio

Naturally, an opportunity for the kids to learn he fans’ chorus of, ‘no way, get f*cked, f*ck off!’

Kids were belting it out

Woman stops to tell me I am a disgrace as a parent

Traitorous kids loved it and told her I was a disgrace

My sister’s husband died a few days before Xmas some years ago. Lovely guy and we all miss him.

But we went ahead with a big Xmas celebration at his (and my sister’s) house anyway - which his Irish ancestry would have insisted on - and for some reason I thought it a good idea to play that Angels’ song. But my sister didn’t.☹️

My sister’s husband died a few days before Xmas some years ago. Lovely guy and we all miss him.

But we went ahead with a big Xmas celebration at his (and my sister’s) house anyway - which his Irish ancestry would have insisted on - and for some reason I thought it a good idea to play that Angels’ song. But my sister didn’t.☹️

Might have been because you’d just played ‘Another one bites the dust’

Bon voyage Wrighty

Dont forget your homework.🫣

Television Recherche GIF by ZDF Magazin Royale

I had a dream last night where Wright returns from holidays and Derek has negotiated 3 year contracts for jeremy howe, scott pendlebury, steele and WHE and informs Wright that we'll have to trade nick daicos to balance the budget....

Bolton and Leppa will be good fill-ins. Both had previous senior coaching experiences and played a role in our flag last year
They are quality so that’s great.

The good thing about it is that during the season they have very little else to do, so will have plenty of time to do Wrighty’s role too.

1710112646427.gif
I have the bus waiting at the airport for his arrival.

We have a little quiet corner set up for him at the back where he can run the footy department.

He’s a multi-tasking freak our Wrighty.

Gotta love the great man - he has more fingers in pies than Sweeney Todd.

They are quality so that’s great.

The good thing about it is that during the season they have very little else to do, so will have plenty of time to do Wrighty’s role too.
My ignorant view is that Wright has two roles.

a) Head of the football department - to oversee our coaching and fitness departments to ensure those running them don't **** up and to deal with some of the shit needed to be dealt with to ensure they can do their jobs more easily.

b) List management

Hopefully our coaching and fitness department are good enough with strong enough processes in place to not need the safety net of the oversight for a season.

Hopefully he'll be back in time for the majority of the list management decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You get the feeling he wanted out and we did a Grundy and overpaid and begged for him to stay? if he wants to leave then leave. I'm ok with that.
I think he just wanted to take a really long holiday with his wife but wasn't arrogant enough to think he could also keep his job.

When he told Craig, he likely said we value you too much to lose you and we'll make it work so you can return.

You get the feeling he wanted out and we did a Grundy and overpaid and begged for him to stay? if he wants to leave then leave. I'm ok with that.
I just think he wanted to travel through Europe while he and his wife are young & fit enough to really enjoy it.
Unfortunately, the best time to travel through Europe is during our football season.
After what he has done for us in the short time he's been back, I'm more than happy for the Club to give him the time off.

I’ve been making fun of Wright’s sabbatical, but mainly because I’m worried sick that he won’t come back to the club.

Everything about the club has been better since his appointment. Everything. The flag flowed from that original decision.

Then he goes - and we lose our first game (I know…😱)

He knew that after winning a flag, if we lose round 1 everyone will turn on the club. Got out while he could.

Seriously though; we’re meant to have all this cap space, and Browne has said we’ll be at the front of the FA queue… who is there to target?

He knew that after winning a flag, if we lose round 1 everyone will turn on the club. Got out while he could.

Seriously though; we’re meant to have all this cap space, and Browne has said we’ll be at the front of the FA queue… who is there to target?
Jack Henry.

Apparently wants to get away from his clingy brother.

Jack Henry.

Apparently wants to get away from his clingy brother.

The reverse of the effect that Nick has had playing together with Josh? :D

Heard that he went on a Long Holiday as he wanted to Quit but was Denied
No one can deny someone the right to quit - unless Wright was under some lock and key contract which I doubt.

Browne didn't want him to go hence why they came to an arrangement.

Wright wanted to quit because he wanted to go on his big trip with his wife, and long service leave isn't a recognised thing in the football industry so he thought he had no other option.

Heard that he went on a Long Holiday as he wanted to Quit but was Denied
He wanted to go on a long holiday during the European summer. He offered to quit. The club obviously told him how required & appreciated he is & have kept his position open.

If all he wanted was to quit, he would have just quit then & there & said thanks, but no thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back