Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we end up getting the board term limits up? If so, Licuria would have to be getting close to the end of his term, and Wrighty (if he’s looking to take a job outside of AFL, or to retire) might be a great option for footy director.

Wrighty is training as photographer for the media department. Doing some great work in Iceland:

1721960538215.png

I said early on that it was an odd thing to request a sabbatical, but as usual I was ridiculed for my views.
The club should have parted ways with him and wished him good luck.
Why? He may come back.
It's not weird when you're feeling burnt out.
He needed some time out.

I said early on that it was an odd thing to request a sabbatical, but as usual I was ridiculed for my views.
The club should have parted ways with him and wished him good luck.
Odd? How many years goes a guy have to work to earn some extended time off.
AFTER being instrumental in winning a Flag.
It’s not as if we have him sabbatical after winning spoon!

It’s got nothing to do with whether he comes back or not. He isn’t committed to the job.
We are the reigning premiers, languishing in 13th place on the ladder, with 5 rounds to go.
It's not about making us feel better.
Moreso the individual involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes this thread makes me want to bang my head on the table. Honestly, sometimes it's like being in the GameDay thread on repeat.
We need a scapegoat. Hayden Skipworth would be my choice due to his ridiculous name, but the bloke who isn't around is always a good option.

He did a great job in stabilising the club post Eddie and Bucks but having 9mths off has had an effect on the club. It really should’ve been 3mths after the draft and come back for rd1.

The infighting of Bolton and Leppa wanting the head role was the flow on from Wright being off. How much has it affected our defence and game day moves having those guys wanting promotions instead of where they would’ve been best for club success.

Rumour on another site was that at the end of last season GW told the Board that the club needed to move on several veterans but this was vetoed by the Board. He again raised the issue and was shut down hence tendering his resignation.

Not sure how true this is.

But I don’t like what our President has said today in the media. If GW doesn’t come back then we need to find a replacement for him ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Funny how every time the board gets involved in list management decisions it turns to shit. Mostly it was Eddie at the end of his tenure with stuff like insisting we sign Grundy at any price and Beams.

Donut bother having a GM of footy if you aren’t going to let him do his job.

He did a great job in stabilising the club post Eddie and Bucks but having 9mths off has had an effect on the club.

I count 6 months? - Early March to early September.

Which is a standard sabbatical period.

It really should’ve been 3mths after the draft and come back for rd1.

Huh, surely it’s much more fun to hang out in Europe in the summertime?

If your boss told you that it’s better for business for you to take your European sabbatical in the wintertime, where exactly would you tell them to shove it?

I count 6 months? - Early March to early September.

Which is a standard sabbatical period.

Huh, surely it’s much more fun to hang out in Europe in the summertime?

If your boss told you that it’s better for business for you to take your European sabbatical in the wintertime, where exactly would you tell them to shove it?
Apparently, Wrighty had to take his European holiday during the coldest months of the year so as to not upset some of our more fragile supporters.

Evidently the club is introducing "train from home" for the players next year.... one day a week. Six months parental leave. Job-sharing is likely - two players take turns at training and playing games....

Really hope the club will just move on from GW as he clearly doesn't have the commitment to the club anymore and that's a dangerous thing when we need to be regenerating for long term success.

He's given us two great trades in Hill and Mitchell. But the rest of his trading has been mediocre and quite damaging to our ability to retain long term talent on the list.

Ned Guy is universally derided as our worst list manager in recent history yet he somehow still managed to get a better trade return in a fire sale of Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips than GW did trading out Grundy, Henry and Ginnivan from a position of greater strength and who were all more valuable players at the time.

Really hope the club will just move on from GW as he clearly doesn't have the commitment to the club anymore and that's a dangerous thing when we need to be regenerating for long term success.

He's given us two great trades in Hill and Mitchell. But the rest of his trading has been mediocre and quite damaging to our ability to retain long term talent on the list.

Ned Guy is universally derided as our worst list manager in recent history yet he somehow still managed to get a better trade return in a fire sale of Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips than GW did trading out Grundy, Henry and Ginnivan from a position of greater strength and who were all more valuable players at the time.

I do agree though that if GW is not fully committed to the cause then both parties should agree to part ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back