Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Your feeling is spot on

I've been trying to tell anyone who would listen on this forum for literal years that he's no good and I hope we don't bring him into the club.

I really genuinely worry about us as a club going forward while he's there.
His track record says he is a lot better than no good. In fact, he has been hugely successful over the whole of his career and is generally highly regarded.

So maybe come up with something more concrete than "no good". On what do you base your assessment?

Reeked of going back to captain's calls and favouring the big personality.
Last CEO was from the Australian Swimming peak body if I recall correctly, and not much chop.
Ned with his background especially in player management and running his own business was an obvious step up.
His type A personality was likely to be the only challenge.

You don't think top down appointments run a greater risk of being fractious than appointments that involve input from different levels of an organisation? Interesting.
I think if such a thing could be measured, there would be minimal correlation in the rate of "fractious appointments" for either of the recruitment methods.

In the case of Kelly's appointment, suggesting various individuals at different levels weren't consulted is nonsensical. You reckon Wright wasn't consulted about Ned's appointment prior to it happening?

His track record says he is a lot better than no good. In fact, he has been hugely successful over the whole of his career and is generally highly regarded.

So maybe come up with something more concrete than "no good". On what do you base your assessment?

I'm not talking about his business acumen

I'm referring to him as a person/manager

In the case of Kelly's appointment, suggesting various individuals at different levels weren't consulted is nonsensical. You reckon Wright wasn't consulted about Ned's appointment prior to it happening?

Don't know. I'm not actually talking about the individuals involved. But was the role advertised? Was it open for applications? I reckon the acting CEO might have had an interest in putting in an application. They usually do and they usually get that opportunity to apply - unless it's very old style management techniques.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly is a complete narcissist, just because he is a successful businessman doesn't excuse that, and will lead to even more issues with people who have the misfortune of working with or for him.

I said years ago "that if you thought Eddie was bad" with his gaffes and other shit, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Here we are, not even 2 years into his tenure and already an off field drama lol

It's only going to get worse as he establishes more power at Collingwood and more people who oppose him/don't like him leave.

I'm praying it doesn't affect us on field, but we'll find out pretty soon.

Kelly is a complete narcissist, just because he is a successful businessman doesn't excuse that, and will lead to even more issues with people who have the misfortune of working with or for him.
Are there incomplete or partial narcissists?

BTW - inclined to agree that Kelly's success in his business life did not necessarily indicate he had the qualities to be a successful CEO in a sporting club environment - chief of which is leading a team of people to get and stay on the same page re corporate objectives (contesting consistently and winning fairly often in our case)

Are there incomplete or partial narcissists?

BTW - inclined to agree that Kelly's success in his business life did not necessarily indicate he had the qualities to be a successful CEO in a sporting club environment - chief of which is leading a team of people to get and stay on the same page re corporate objectives (contesting consistently and winning fairly often in our case)
Yes, I'm a parcissist

Aren't a lot of people in those positions narcissists?

Many leaders dominating business today have what psychoanalysts call a narcissistic personality. That's good news for companies that need passion and daring to break new ground. But even productive narcissists can be dangerous for organizations. Here is some advice on avoiding the dangers.

It's possible for someone who has great business acumen to still make poor decisions, or at least let their emotions get in the way of making the right decision. (E.g. Eddie / Buckley). Especially at footy clubs. I think this may apply to Ned - can sometimes be driven by emotion rather than cold business logic. Probably applied much less to Anderson - he never seemed to be overly emotionally invested in the club as others. It's great to be passionate but you can't let it get in the way of running a business properly.

Narcissism is a personality disorder that would have to be diagnosed by a medical professional like a psychiatrist.

On what do you base this diagnosis?

I said years ago "that if you thought Eddie was bad" with his gaffes and other shit, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Here we are, not even 2 years into his tenure and already an off field drama lol

It's only going to get worse as he establishes more power at Collingwood and more people who oppose him/don't like him leave.

I'm praying it doesn't affect us on field, but we'll find out pretty soon.
What gaffes has Ned made?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back