Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

I said years ago "that if you thought Eddie was bad" with his gaffes and other shit, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Here we are, not even 2 years into his tenure and already an off field drama lol

It's only going to get worse as he establishes more power at Collingwood and more people who oppose him/don't like him leave.

I'm praying it doesn't affect us on field, but we'll find out pretty soon.
Eddie and Ned are cut from the same cloth. They are both driven. Everybody makes mistakes. Ed stayed too long and misread the tea leaves

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe Ned & Wright's disagreements were about what we gave up & got in return for players during the last trade period..?

Plenty of supporters & media also did & still do ..
Lots of possibilities.

It's an interesting dynamic when someone vacates a chair (even a temporary chair) to be the underling of the new bloke in the chair.

It's also an interesting dynamic when someone has to adjust from a for profit mentality where produciton exists to support profit to not for profit where profit exists to support production.

Lots of possibilities.

It's an interesting dynamic when someone vacates a chair (even a temporary chair) to be the underling of the new bloke in the chair.

It's also an interesting dynamic when someone has to adjust from a for profit mentality where produciton exists to support profit to not for profit where profit exists to support production.
Just seems one of the most logical possibilities which happened around then for them to disagree on, imo.

Narcissism is a personality disorder that would have to be diagnosed by a medical professional like a psychiatrist.

On what do you base this diagnosis?
No one was a narcissist 25 years ago, today anyone you dislike because you perceive them to be up themselves is.

Narcissism is a personality disorder that would have to be diagnosed by a medical professional like a psychiatrist.

On what do you base this diagnosis?
Like most personality disorders or traits, it's a spectrum, not "you either are or you aren't".
It doesn't require a professional to identify that someone has a tendency to display a certain personality trait at one time or another. Even the experts will sometimes disagree about whether someone "is or isn't" something. Many leaders find themselves somewhere on the narcissism spectrum. It goes hand in hand with having an ego, which is virtually necessary for anyone to be successful in public life.

Like most personality disorders or traits, it's a spectrum, not "you either are or you aren't".
It doesn't require a professional to identify that someone has a tendency to display a certain personality trait at one time or another. Even the experts will sometimes disagree about whether someone "is or isn't" something. Many leaders find themselves somewhere on the narcissism spectrum. It goes hand in hand with having an ego, which is virtually necessary for anyone to be successful in public life.
So now everyone's a narcissist? That's a relief. Kinda like the old days when we could all be racists.

I’m not sure what you are saying has any basis in reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure what you are saying has any basis in reality.
He's right. Personality disorders are a series of traits - and we all have those traits at some level for a lot of personality disorders - just not strong enough to be categorised as having that disorder - unless they are and then we're diagnosed as suffering with it.

He's right. Personality disorders are a series of traits - and we all have those traits at some level for a lot of personality disorders - just not strong enough to be categorised as having that disorder - unless they are and then we're diagnosed as suffering with it.
Can you give me an example?

Can you give me an example?
Think of those surveys you've had to fill out when a student is getting a psych ed. Your answers are scoring a kid for a series of behavioural traits.

Kid, parent and teacher do surveys. Add in a little bit of psychologist observation - a very little bit, If kid scores high enough on whatever combination of traits constitutes the condition, they get diagnosed with the disorder, but everyone scores something on most of those traits.

It's not an exact science because people are neither zero or hundred percent those traits and even if we get to being able to assess through brain scans that will still probably be the case.

Think of those surveys you've had to fill out when a student is getting a psych ed. Your answers are scoring a kid for a series of behavioural traits.

Kid, parent and teacher do surveys. Add in a little bit of psychologist observation - a very little bit, If kid scores high enough on whatever combination of traits constitutes the condition, they get diagnosed with the disorder, but everyone scores something on most of those traits.

It's not an exact science because people are neither zero or hundred percent those traits and even if we get to being able to assess through brain scans that will still probably be the case.
What bugs me, is when people say we’re all on the spectrum when talking about ASD.

You are either ASD, or not ASD.

That’s correct, but Joe Blow in the public or on the internet doesn’t get to diagnose the extent of those traits as constituting a personality disorder.

I would have thought Kelly’s CV probably spoke for itself. At the time it was considered a great appointment.

No-one really knows what the fall-out between GW and Kelly was all about.

I think the only mistake the club made was when he wanted out, they should have moved on quickly and appointed someone else. He was never coming back. It’s rare for people to change their mind.

Many Hawk fans were happy to see GW go towards the end due to his trading.

Last edited:
That’s correct, but Joe Blow in the public or on the internet doesn’t get to diagnose the extent of those traits as constituting a personality disorder.
We probably shouldn't, but we use a lot of formally diagnosed spectrum conditions in an informal way: depression, psychopathy, obesity, narcissism.

He's a narcissist has more gravitas and sounds more authoritative than "I reckon he's up himself." Just as he's a psychopath sounds more authoritative than he's a campaigner. Thus people will continue to use these terms that they've picked up in pop psychology.

Last edited:
What bugs me, is when people say we’re all on the spectrum when talking about ASD.

You are either ASD, or not ASD.
What does the "S" stand for?

There's a psychologist agreed upon set of scores for the surveys and observed behaviours. If the scores are high enough it's diagnosed as a disorder - if the scores are just below for one or more of the traits, they're diagnosed as having some of the traits, but aren't diagnosed with the disorder.

You're either diagnosed or not diagnosed with the disorder, but the traits and behaviours related to autism exist at some level within most of us and they exist on a spectrum of severity. So the disorder is a spectrum that starts at the lowest cut off scores for diagnosis - from high functioning through to not functioning at all. But autistic traits are a spectrum that apply to all of society.

Last edited:
What does the "S" stand for?

There's a psychologist agreed upon set of scores for the surveys and observed behaviours. If the scores are high enough it's diagnosed as a disorder - if the scores are just below for one or more of the traits, they're diagnosed as having some of the traits, but aren't diagnosed with the disorder.

You're either diagnosed or not diagnosed with the disorder, but the traits and behaviours related to autism exist at some level within most of us and they exist on a spectrum of severity. So the disorder is a spectrum that starts at the lowest cut off scores for diagnosis - from high functioning through to not functioning at all. But autistic traits are a spectrum that apply to all of society.
People are either diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum or not.

People are either diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum or not.
They're diagnosed as having a disorder. Yeah, not everyone has an autism spectrum disorder. It'd be a pretty meaningless term if that was the case. But we are all on a spectrum for each of the autistic traits.

To me it's the traits that matter rather than the categorisation, therefore I view it more around them than whether it's formally diagnosed and categorised.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Back