Preview Grand Final 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do I want to loose more? Tough one.

It would be great if Dangerfield retired without a premiership medal. But also, Papley and Parker are thoroughly unlikable d*ckheads.

I think I'll go for Swans. My boss supports them, so it'd be good if he's in a happy mood on Monday. That, and I'm sick of Geelong being consistently up the top of the ladder taking up all the prime time slots despite being thoroughly unenjoyable to watch for most of it.

I have to say Cats as Mrs Cyclops is in the house and near the knife drawer. Scott is an irritating bastard but a fine coach.

Sydney used to get cheated for by the AFL, now its more even so if they win they probably earned it.

When the Cats beat us they had half a dozen players flat as a tack and they were still in third gear (then most of the them woke up last week), and we played our best footy of the year and lost.

Sydney beat us with dodgy umps and we went missing for the first quarter, and they copped several injuries to their best, Buddy and Reid.

To my eye the Cats are a whole level above Sydney.

I expect a boring game, experts say Sydney evens but I think Geelong will slowly crack them open and pull away by 9 goals at the end.

Disappointing not to be in it but it should be a cracker of a game.

I'm going for the Swans for a few reasons.

1. I hope Dangerfield leaves the game having never won a flag.

2. I'd like to see some of the smugness wiped of Scott's face.

3. A Sydney win will hopefully wake up the Presidents of 14 clubs and they'll seek to curtail the advantages the northern clubs will get with their academies.

Going tomorrow and don’t really care about the outcome, just want a good game.

For Mr Park’s sake, I’d like Geelong to win. But I’d also suppress a smile if they lost. Might knock some of that insufferable smugness out of them.

Sydney have some exciting young players. Plus Buddy. He may just turn it on tomorrow, in the late twilight of his career. That would be exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am still flat… actually devastated from our loss last week. I don’t think I can support Sydney after causing me such heartache.

But I also CANNOT STAND Geelong. Smug faces, smug striped socks, sparkly shorts.

I also can’t stand Buddy and his baby oil. In person last week he looked like a disco ball. And Papley… IT WAS A PUSH IN THE BACK!

The only consolation is that one of them will lose and will be heartbroken.

They both deserve that pain, in equal measures. Whoever said infinite draw, I agree.

I couldn't think of a better way to end this fantastic year than with a Sydney victory. The tears and look of disbelief on Scott's face will forever sing to my heart
We can only pray
85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

Aaaand my mind is made up. I hope Sydney lead the whole game and then lose it in the dying seconds. Bonus points if it’s due to a questionable umpiring decision.

Aaaand my mind is made up. I hope Sydney lead the whole game and then lose it in the dying seconds. Bonus points if it’s due to a questionable umpiring decision.

I thought to myself over the last couple of weeks that if we didn't make it, I'd be barracking against Geelong and that would be easy. I have to say... over the week the Swannies have been making it difficult for me.

Been looking for reasons to barrack for or against a team.
Really struggling to choose one.
James Rowbottom is BT’s nephew and Paddy McCartin’s comeback to football and…

1663916824032.jpeg

That’ll do - Go Swans

I thought to myself over the last couple of weeks that if we didn't make it, I'd be barracking against Geelong and that would be easy. I have to say... over the week the Swannies have been making it difficult for me.
Genuine rock and hard place type shit

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back