Mod. Notice Grand Final Ballot (now includes info in the OP on ticket swaps, etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, I have 1 X Adult and 1 X Concession tickets Standing Room for M50. If anyone would like to swap these for seating anywhere I will pay the difference.
I have a 10 y/o daughter I'd like to take, but in standing room she won't see a thing and I doubt she'll cope with standing for 5 hrs. Otherwise seems like the missus will get the gig. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Hi All, I have 1 X Adult and 1 X Concession tickets Standing Room for M50. If anyone would like to swap these for seating anywhere I will pay the difference.
I have a 10 y/o daughter I'd like to take, but in standing room she won't see a thing and I doubt she'll cope with standing for 5 hrs. Otherwise seems like the missus will get the gig. PM me if interested. Thanks.

One thing they did last year for the standing section I was in was allow the kids to stand in front of the barrier behind the back row of seats. Guess it all depends on the attendant really.

How do I actually get my tickets?

Was notified of successful ballot entry from HFC.
Credit card charged.
Ticketek gives ZERO information when a 10 step process needs to be outlined.

Suffering needless anxiety and loss of productivity thanks to these fumbling half baked flogs.
Just go to a ticketek agency, give them the credit card you paid with and photo ID, easy as that!

AFL members Level 2a (level p) are excellent seats.

thanks for the response, never sat there before. Still feels close enough to the action? I've never been a fan of sitting too high. Though you get to see the patterns of play and strategy, i always feel like i miss that atmosphere.

Well I guess I won't know my exact seats until I pick the tickets up. Seems a strange system to have a 'transaction history' section on your website that doesn't show the transactions.

It usual does show them. You would think given we pay $5 per person just to register that there would be at least as good a service standard as normal. I had to go to two different outlets just to pick up the tickets because the first one was having trouble working out how they needed to print them - apparently something different for AFL grand final as opposed to every other event. I was the third person they turned away that day. One thing is for sure, you have to be really committed to getting a ticket if you want one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, have 2 standing tickets in M22, 1 Adult, 1 Conc. Would be keen to swap for 2 seating and pay difference in costs. (Ideally would like 3 seats but understand this would require a lot of luck).

Let me know.

Yes, but you will find club members don't get to go because AFL members have 25% of the stadium allocated to them so why would anyone feel sympathy for them? Those are the rules of course and I don't begrudge AFL members. I do however begrudge the AFL for selling AFL memberships and competing with clubs by monopolizing some of the best seating at the MCG and a large segment of the stadium..

It's more like 16%. The AFL membership was offered to football fans (not just club fans) and rewards loyalty (waiting list is over 10 yrs for gold now). It's frustrating to see members scalping their ticket as it should be used in the right way but for those of us who use it properly, we are entitled to our fair share of grand final seats/

What's annoying is going to Hawks matches this season and having empty seats everywhere. 28k attendance on a Friday night against St Kilda was a disgrace. For a club claiming to have 60k+ members, hawks supporters are generally poor in getting out in the cold to support their club.

To then see general members with 2yrs service on their scarf complain about not getting a grand final ticket is laughable.

Hi all, have 2 standing tickets in M22, 1 Adult, 1 Conc. Would be keen to swap for 2 seating and pay difference in costs. (Ideally would like 3 seats but understand this would require a lot of luck).

Let me know.
Hi guys, I have a standing ticket Concession M29. If anyone is keen to swap their seating ticket please pm me! I am more than happy to pay the difference and also upgrade the concession to an adult at the ground! My younger brother is about 5'6 so it might be a bit tough for him to see the action when standing.

Cheers guys

It's more like 16%. The AFL membership was offered to football fans (not just club fans) and rewards loyalty (waiting list is over 10 yrs for gold now). It's frustrating to see members scalping their ticket as it should be used in the right way but for those of us who use it properly, we are entitled to our fair share of grand final seats/

What's annoying is going to Hawks matches this season and having empty seats everywhere. 28k attendance on a Friday night against St Kilda was a disgrace. For a club claiming to have 60k+ members, hawks supporters are generally poor in getting out in the cold to support their club.

To then see general members with 2yrs service on their scarf complain about not getting a grand final ticket is laughable.

Agree.

We're the quintessential yo-yo club. One week we'll draw 80,000 against the Cats, the next week 28,000 against the Dees and then 50,000 against the Eagles.

Most of our fans have now been spoilt by success and wont go in large numbers to fixtures unless the match has 'box office appeal'. It wasn't always that way, our support in 2008 was outstanding

No doubt it is a bit of a commitment to be a full member but my point is that the AFL have used their position of power to offer a product superior than that available to club members. In who's interests are they offered? Why is it that club members are in a raffle for nose bleed seats at either end of the ground while AFL members get prime seating on the wing (potentially nose bleed seats also but not at one end of the ground)? I appreciate there are some people who are just lovers of footy and want to go to games but really a big carrot for most is access to the best seating both during home and away and in the finals.

In regards to your complaint about Hawk attendances . . . we didn't play a home game against the saint this year so no doubt that is a factor. The game was at Etihad so potentially a factor also. But really, given we have at least 10,000 members outside of Melbourne/Victoria and we were playing a bottom 5 club with a relatively small supporter base what do you honestly expect? A sell out?

Agree.

We're the quintessential yo-yo club. One week we'll draw 80,000 against the Cats, the next week 28,000 against the Dees and then 50,000 against the Eagles.

Most of our fans have now been spoilt by success and wont go in large numbers to fixtures unless the match has 'box office appeal'. It wasn't always that way, our support in 2008 was outstanding

As good as we have been this year can you honestly say we don't rest players against weak teams and play at a level below what we are capable of? If the players aren't going to deliver their best week in week out why would the fans?

So, here is my situation. My bro and I have 2 reserved seats (L4) and a mate has a single reserved seat (L1).
We want to stand together for the match. What is the best way to do this? Last year we tried a similar thing but couldn't get in the same gate together...?

So, here is my situation. My bro and I have 2 reserved seats (L4) and a mate has a single reserved seat (L1).
We want to stand together for the match. What is the best way to do this? Last year we tried a similar thing but couldn't get in the same gate together...?

Easy, Plenty of people have standing room tickets that would rather sit, just scroll up. PM them and ask for a straight swap. Then with your last ticket, do the same, straight swap the reserved seat for a stand in the same area. or if you can't swap it, just get 2 standing room tix in the same area as ur friend's reserved spot. Wont be hard.

Why is it that club members are in a raffle for nose bleed seats at either end of the ground while AFL members get prime seating on the wing (potentially nose bleed seats also but not at one end of the ground)?

In regards to your complaint about Hawk attendances . . . we didn't play a home game against the saint this year so no doubt that is a factor. The game was at Etihad so potentially a factor also. But really, given we have at least 10,000 members outside of Melbourne/Victoria and we were playing a bottom 5 club with a relatively small supporter base what do you honestly expect? A sell out?

Agree, AFL are basically putting their own product against clubs with the clear advantage of they allocate seats.

At the end of the day, everyone has an opportunity to take out an AFL membership and put in the hard yards to get the privlage to go to the GF. While they wait, take advantage to the seating available during the home and away season. So why don't they?

You don't see a Collingwood game have 28k show up for a Friday night? We want to be regarded as a big club yet Hawthorn have always had fickle support and this year has been no different.

Got a standing room which I actually prefer. In fact I got 1 seat 1 sstnading room but I'll take the cheapest one and my Dad can sell off the other one. Im 6'5" so it shouldn't be a problem standing and I'll be too nervous to sit.....
EDIT: Not selling the ticket on here (yet anyway) as my Dad will try and give it to a mate

Because we all know the number on your scarf is the only indication of whether or not you're a true Hawks supporter.

To see generalisations like this about other Hawks supporters is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back