Preview GRAND FINAL - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions • Saturday 30 September 2023 • 2:30 PM • Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the year he came back had a good game, followed by however many bad ones until he was dropped for Lester. I don’t think he is a bad player, but I don’t think he is as good as Payne (assuming Payne is actually fit and not probably could play the game out fit), but I do know Diz will give his all.
Including last week, I believe Gardiner has played 3 senior games this year.

He played the game before the bye, coming back from an offseason injury.

He played the game after the bye where the whole team played a stinker against Hawthorn, and he copped an injury and spent more time out injured.

Everyone here knows Gardiner is my number one whipping boy from the last few seasons, but I’d rather a fit Gardiner in, than Payne who from reports on here will need offseason ankle surgery.

Was far more nervous this close to last weeks game. I’m sure that’ll change, but as I said earlier this week, last weeks game felt like a must win in order to put this down as a “successful” season.

Now of course I’d love to win and come lunch time Saturday I’m sure I’ll be absolutely shitting myself, but we need to remember even going down in this game, any time your team makes a GF you can’t be to disappointed in how the season has played out.

Of course you don’t wanna get belted on GF day like Sydney last year, but I’m fairly confident that won’t happen.

Ps. If we do get belted, and you’re reading this Swanny, the club owes us all refunds on airfares & accommodation etc. No pressure. 😉

There's only one thing that really concerns me about this game.

That's the number of Lions diehards I know who are calm and confident.

I put my hand up as one of those.

Murphy's law says your emotional leanings are usually wrong.

But maybe we are just better than them . I haven't got any doubt the guys won't be deers in the headlights. They'll be all in from the get go.
Not nervous.

We made it. We’re in the big dance.

It’s enjoy the ride until 5 minutes before first bounce.

*to be fair, I’m overseas and had no chance of getting to the game, so have adopted a Zen attitude.

I remember going to a training session just before the start of the season and Darcy Gardiner was in the Re-Hab group at the time and one of the fitness staff asked how he was going and feeling. Darcy replied with a shrug of the shoulders (not sure exactly what he said) but the staffer said in reply - It’s not September yet Darcy.

Just made me think at the time that they were always going to take a softly softly approach with him this year to make sure he was ready for September.

Well as it turns out with a bit of luck, good management and timing he is now playing in a Grand Final.
I wish him all the best as he is one of our warriors and deserves a Premiership as much as anyone on the list imo.

But maybe we are just better than them . I haven't got any doubt the guys won't be deers in the headlights. They'll be all in from the get go.

If it helps balance it out, I’m STRESSING.

Calm? Confident? I haven't had a decent night's sleep since Saturday.

My misplaced confidence is at such a level i cant see them getting within 4 goals, think our forward line will be the difference as long as we breakeven in the midfield.

Tonight might be a different story because I have to get up at 3.45 in the morning to get my flight to Melbourne.
But I have been sleeping like a baby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had the most unproductive week of my life. Every time I go to get work done I see Jordan De Goey kicking 10. Nick Daicos is my sleep paralysis demon and makes getting more than an hours rest impossible. I’m not made for grand final week.

I’ve had the most unproductive week of my life. Every time I go to get work done I see Jordan De Goey kicking 10. Nick Daicos is my sleep paralysis demon and makes getting more than an hours rest impossible. I’m not made for grand final week.

Brab you really shouldn’t be performing brain surgery while you’re this nervous. PEOPLE WILL DIE.

I came here to ask whether this was the first game this year we're starting as underdogs (according to the bookies).

Genuinely couldn't remember not being the favourite.

Went ahead and answered my own question.

We've started as underdogs three times this year:

Rd 2 vs Melbourne
Rd 4 vs Collingwood
Rd 8 vs Carlton

Going off those results, happy to be underestimated!

What kind of FREAK is calm right now? What the actual?
I sort of get it as a supporter who can't actually do anything to change whatever happens.

But if we lose we focus on next year.

If Collingwood win we block out all media for a week or two . Surely that's a positive.

I'm quite enjoying the build up and seeing our guys get on the plane , young guys having the time of their lives.

It's still only a game of footy. It's not going to go our way a lot of the time , the bounce of the ball ,umpiring decisions ,the weather , whatever else.

Winning won't be as euphoric as we think and losing won't be as bad.

It's all out of our control so just sit back and watch it all unfold.

Gotta say the quality of melts has really taken a down turn on selection nights this season.

I was hoping Elixuh was going to get his fake team sheet with Gunston in it properly organised and post it is a visible fashion but apparently that is one step to far trolling for him.

I am in the feeling calm and quietly confident camp ... and will remain there probably up to about 20 seconds before the opening bounce then will see how we go!

I’m not sure if it’s because I’m on night shift this week and too turned around to think straight, but I’m not that nervous. Was way, way more nervous last week. I’m not even sure it’s from confidence either, I know we’re good enough to win, but there’s another team out there on the day and Collingwood are also very good. Maybe they’ll be better on the day, not much you can do about that sometimes. Important thing is we made it so we’ve shown we are good enough.

In saying all that Lions by 5+ goals, fire up lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back