Preview GRAND FINAL - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions • Saturday 30 September 2023 • 2:30 PM • Melbourne Cricket Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so jealous of everyone that's in Melbourne, I unfortunately won't be going. Feel like I'm missing out on all of the events and celebrations. Don't know if there's anything on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday. Would love more than anything to drive down to Springfield if they win and bring the premiership cup but I'll be working unfortunately.

2002 GF recall with Lynchy, Browny and Bucks (lol) at 9pm tonight on Fox Footy.

My recall is Mr MM being given 2 free tickets by a friend of a friend sort of thing which ended up being tickets right slap bang in the middle of the Collingwood members....Person didn't bother telling him where they were for

...I got abused left right and centre the whole game and Mr MM (bless him) kept cool and calm until 3/4 time when he absolutely exploded at a couple of guys, grabbed our coats and said we are going home....he was worried what they would be like if we ended up winning which we did...

...I cried all the way home listening to it.....I wish we'd never got those tickets tbh. I would have enjoyed the game so much more at home.....and poor Mr MM felt awful that our day ended like it did when he thought he was doing the right thing getting the tickets for me to be able to go to see my team in the GF..

Its good to see it like this now at home, I've only seen bits of it in the past.

Gotta say the quality of melts has really taken a down turn on selection nights this season.

I was hoping Elixuh was going to get his fake team sheet with Gunston in it properly organised and post it is a visible fashion but apparently that is one step to far trolling for him.

I am in the feeling calm and quietly confident camp ... and will remain there probably up to about 20 seconds before the opening bounce then will see how we go!

We must all be united this week my friend.

I also learnt that I’m too dumb to do anything but get rises through text. Graphics are a bridge too far.

I'm so jealous of everyone that's in Melbourne, I unfortunately won't be going. Feel like I'm missing out on all of the events and celebrations. Don't know if there's anything on the Sunshine Coast on Saturday.

Those of us from Brisbane who are in Melbourne appreciate the privilege.

I promise to mention your name at least three times on Saturday morning.

Would also like to invoke your name on Saturday afternoon/ evening but chances are I won't be coherent by then.

Last edited:

My recall is Mr MM being given 2 free tickets by a friend of a friend sort of thing which ended up being tickets right slap bang in the middle of the Collingwood members....Person didn't bother telling him where they were for

...I got abused left right and centre the whole game and Mr MM (bless him) kept cool and calm until 3/4 time when he absolutely exploded at a couple of guys, grabbed our coats and said we are going home....he was worried what they would be like if we ended up winning which we did...

...I cried all the way home listening to it.....I wish we'd never got those tickets tbh. I would have enjoyed the game so much more at home.....and poor Mr MM felt awful that our day ended like it did when he thought he was doing the right thing getting the tickets for me to be able to go to see my team in the GF..

Its good to see it like this now at home, I've only seen bits of it in the past.

And Pies fans wonder why everyone hates them

From the article:

“Between 2009 and 2014, Brisbane selected 19 players in the AFL draft. More than half of the players taken hadn't reached the end of their third season at the club before requesting trades back to their home states.”

But but northern academies are a R0RT!! 😡

Prior in the sprint. Surely that narrows down
From the article:

“Between 2009 and 2014, Brisbane selected 19 players in the AFL draft. More than half of the players taken hadn't reached the end of their third season at the club before requesting trades back to their home states.”

and look at what norf have just been given in an un compromised draft years🧐

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the article:

The biggest mistake the AFL made was after 2001-2003 the AFL took the atitude she'll be right now (And caved to alot of pressure from the two very bitter clubs in Esssendon adn Collingwood). Brisbane from then until Neale agreeed to play struggled to keep any players.

From the article:

That’s very much on the club at the time. The football department and coaching staff failing to foster the right culture, etc.

We will be at the captains run and the parade afterwards. My daughter and my niece will be wearing a charlie cameron burgundy t-shirt with a few of his mates riding on the back with him on his harley.If anyone sees it dont be scared to say hello.

Was super confident going into previous two finals. Have to say followed media much more than usual this week, but haven't actually thought about game day. Decided not to attend any of the stuff on tomorrow. Drive down early Saturday morning. Get train into the city, then it will hit me.

Confidence level? Ask me when it hits me that this is really happening.

Prior in the sprint. Surely that narrows down

and look at what norf have just been given in an un compromised draft years🧐
There’s a lot of talk that Norf will be selecting more mids this draft. McKercher in the top 3, and trying to trade up for Gold Coast’s pick for Sanders, using their Port first rounder and their priority picks.

I mean wtf. North need KPP’s. And a genuine small forward, and probably a good running halfback.

I’ll be surprised if teams don’t start picking off their fringe players. There’s certainly a few I would be looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back