Unofficial Preview Grand Final - Hawthorn vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Price has already come down from $2.60 to $2.25. It will probably be evens bf Saturday, which in my book is about right.

Interestingly, Fyfe is now favourite to win the Normie. Personally, I reckon it's worth punting on Pav at $14. His first GF after 291 games, I suspect he will go ballistic and I'm not sure Lake will be able to hold him back.

A lot of the price change is hedging on the GAJ/Hawthorn double.

Why does our preview thread have 25 posts whereas Hawthorns has at least 3 million?

Because we're disorganised and lazy and we have match discussion in about half a dozen different threads.

Also Freo fans have been contributing more to the main board discussion threads whilst Hawks fans use it to (unsuccessfully) brush up on their trolling skills.

Well, i must say that you guys have won the mind games.

You've got Hawthorn players crying "we play contested footy as well as they do". So before it's bounced, they want to go out and play the game on your terms, and not play their possession game. :thumbsu:

Fine work Ross!

I've realised that no matter what the result is I'll be in tears tomorrow afternoon. Lets just hope they are tears of joy not sadness.

Carn FREO
This is our time :)

All the best tomorrow lads and lasses. I really hope you win the day. I will be sinking a million beers at a BBQ and wishing the Pies were there. Most Vics are behind you. Go Freo.

I know how most of you guys are feeling at the moment, I just hope you end up feeling a hell of a lot better than how I felt 24 hours later!

As a Saints supporter with minimal bitterness towards Ross Lyon, I'm hoping he gets up so he gets respect as one of the best coaches the game has seen. Lose tomorrow and he'll have that undeserved reputation on his shoulder for another 12 months.

For those guys who are going to the game and don't know what to expect - get to the ground early! I went in 09 and the draw in 2010, and despite hating the results there is nothing like soaking up the atmosphere outside the ground when your team is about to play in the big dance, I'll always remember those feeling fondly.

Words can't describe the buzz one feels walking toward and around the G early when you know you're four quarters away from glory.

Most of all, good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, Sij! I wish I'd met you at the Great Northern Hotel yesterday in Carlton North, where we had a blast! Or were you there and I somehow missed you?

Hi couldn't make it this time definitely next time, family commitments and lac k of leave and with holiday. In Mauritius coming up just spent a fortune on that. Headquarters warned me.

Why don't ya come to Perth the boys will be at family day come Sunday at 2pm at subiaco.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Grand Final - Hawthorn vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back