Grant Thomas walks away from footy...

Remove this Banner Ad

FC would be so much better without one of Hutchy or Wilson. We all know Lyon is there to steer the ship, and even he has a hard time with those two.

I hope they get Carey back on FC now then. He and GT are the only two I've ever enjoyed listening to on that show.
Just saw the last line in that article:

It is understood former Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd, who signed with Channel 9 this year, will replace Thomas as a Footy Classified panelist.
:eek:

some good news for everybody. But will Footy Classified become watchable?

It just became far less watchable. Caro is ridiculously up herself and Lyon/Hutchy are full on boys club members who won't hear a bad word about their media mates (whether it be off-field people like Brayshaw or players like Judd & Campbell Brown) no matter how justified it is. Thomas was the only good thing on that show.

EDIT: Oh god, Lloyd? Just became even more unwatchable.

Lloyd's not bad as far as replacements go for Thomas.. he usually says what he thinks without censoring himself, which (like Thomas) is rare in the AFL media.

Lloyd would be a great get - I thought he was a tool on the field - but he is quite insightful off it.

Whilst Thomas anti-establishment views do provide balance - he is such a bitter twisted idividual, who carries far too many grudges and favour to know when he is worth listening to

Yeah Footy Classified won't be the same without Grant Thomas, along with Sam Newman he was about the only person in the media with the guts to criticise the AFL and the umpiring. I'm sure Demetriou will be happy to see him quit the media.

I can't see Lloyd being anywhere near as entertaining as Thomas, although he's at least a bit more articulate than Glenn Archer.

Complete opposite to what the OP said.

He's about the only media personality left who's capable of expressing his own thoughts and opinions. Mainly calling out Demetriou and his clowns where others wouldn't dare. I for one wouldn't watch Footy Classified minus him. I rarely disagree with anyone Grant Thomas says.

Yeah Footy Classified won't be the same without Grant Thomas, along with Sam Newman he was about the only person in the media with the guts to criticise the AFL and the umpiring. I'm sure Demetriou will be happy to see him quit the media.

I can't see Lloyd being anywhere near as entertaining as Thomas, although he's at least a bit more articulate than Glenn Archer.

:D yeah Archer was terrible!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No great loss. Always seemed to have a massive chip on his shoulder after his demise at St Kilda. Did not appear all that balanced at times in his comments.

The only football media commentator in the business that really spoke his mind.

Miss him already.

Lloydy, however, is also a straight shooter and should be a pretty good replacement.

He said things for shock value sometimes it seemed. However there's no doubt he was watchable. Wonder who'll be on Footy Classified now. I think it's one of the better footy shows. Newman?

Hahhaahahah Carro would rather kill herself

;). Think of the comedy tho. Ratings would be through the roof. I'd be glued to the TV.

Newman when he actually does he research and has an opinion is very watchable.

Could be the new big draw card in TV. Caro Vs Newman. And don't forget Newman and Hutchy....Newman sure loves giving it to him too. :p

;). Think of the comedy tho. Ratings would be through the roof. I'd be glued to the TV.

Newman when he actually does he research and has an opinion is very watchable.

Could be the new big draw card in TV. Caro Vs Newman. And don't forget Newman and Hutchy....Newman sure loves giving it to him too. :p
Undoubtedly it would be brilliant

But Carro would LITERALLY kill herself before going on a show with Sam Newman

Remove this Banner Ad

Grant Thomas walks away from footy...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back