Geonet

Senior List
Feb 11, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
This is a great day for West Coast Eagles supporters !

Now the reason for the title of this thread is related to what I said a few years ago. I had the privilege of following step by step our premierships in 1992 and 1994 and when in 1995, the Dockers where born, I believed that from then on, it would be almost impossible to bring another premiership to WA. In fact a few years ago, in this same forum I said to Mead and a few other guys, that I didn't believe the Eagles or for that matter the Dockers, would be able to win a premiership for many years, with two teams in the same town. I believed that neither the Eagles nor the Dockers were really being strengthened because they were sharing great players returning to WA rather than them going to the one team as usually happened before 1995.

Mead was one the Eagles supporters who strongly disagreed with me and said that he expected me to apologize in this forum if the Eagles won a premiehrship in the next few years. Well "the next few years" was today and I admit that I was wrong and therefore publicly apologize to Mead and all the others who disagreed with me and happily eat humble pie. :) I still believe we would have won more premierships in a one team town, but in any case, I was wrong and Mead was right !

This is a great day and I have never been so happy, for being so wrong!

<group hug>

hahhaha mate I have absolutely no recollection whatesover of the post in question, but thank you for the kind words. Those were the good old days on BF, and I'm ecstatic that all the old timers are around to experience this day we've been waiting for so long. I spent all of last week teeing off about Chad Fletcher not deserving his spot, and he had aver y good game so everyone win I guess.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some serious serious drinking to do.

1992. 1994. 2006!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win ! Apologies to Mead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back