Greatest Aussie song

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Hungry29
Pheww... I was beginning to think I was the only one!
The first time I experienced the magic of Chain would have been at the Riverside Inn in Richmond (remember it?? top place - shame it's gone). Chain were playing upstairs and at the same time Phil Para was belting out classic Hendrix downstairs. Suffice to say i had a good workout going up and down those stairs all night!
They still play around the traps, Sunday thay are at Jimis in Brighton. Definently reccomend anyone seeing them.....

Jesus, The Riverside. Sorry to go off subject, but the best mate I had in gaol, Stephen Nittes, dropped a bomb on this pub from the freeway, just after the South-Eastern opened. Very strange, but interesting man.

He was rated number 3 in the world as a light-welterweight boxer, then became a criminal. Don't know why he bombed The Riverside, but he did the same thing to a restaurant in Exhibition St. He was paid to do this - $10,000. Apparently, the owners had trod on some toes in gaining the first late license in Melbourne. This was at the cusp of Melbourne extending its licensing hours beyond 6 P.M. He was acquitted.

He was also the man who turned the criminals in Melbourne onto dealing drugs, rather than doing break and enters. Australia has never been the same since.

Back to the subject. Chain has no equal as a blues band in this country. Given an opportunity, I'd certainly like to see them again.

an absolute classic - C'mon Aussie C'mon.

And the band played Waltzing Matilda is Australia and sums the the feeleing of that time brilliantly.

Best Aussie pub song would be Throw your arms around me IMO

Physical - Olivia Newton John . She used to be Aussie...

or

Australiana - Austen Tayshus

"Sittin' at home last Sunday mornin' me mate Boomer rang
Said he was havin' a few people around for a barbie,
Said he might kooka-burra or two.
I said, "Sounds great, will Walla-be there?".

Heaps of top songs in here.

One of my favourite memories of Throw Your Arms Around Me was when I went to the Pearl Jam concert in Perth at the start of the year.

Eddie comes on for the second encore, and says, today for the first time I met one of the best song writers ever, Mark Seymour, then Seymour walks out, and Eddie says we are gonna do a song together, and they start playing Throw your arms around me.

Was awesome!

Originally posted by ozzult
Heaps of top songs in here.

One of my favourite memories of Throw Your Arms Around Me was when I went to the Pearl Jam concert in Perth at the start of the year.

Eddie comes on for the second encore, and says, today for the first time I met one of the best song writers ever, Mark Seymour, then Seymour walks out, and Eddie says we are gonna do a song together, and they start playing Throw your arms around me.

Was awesome!

Cool.

The Doug Anthony Allstars do the song best though....

Originally posted by Tangodown
"Sittin' at home last Sunday mornin' me mate Boomer rang
Said he was havin' a few people around for a barbie,
Said he might kooka-burra or two.
I said, "Sounds great, will Walla-be there?".

Got it on vinyl, absolute classic. Has Eucumbene in, yet?

It was originally written for Austen by either Billy Birmingham or George Smilovici, can't remember which.

Maybe Austen could get another guernsey on this thread for "Rappin' back to my roots" with lyrics like :

We're the lucky country, one of a kind,
So advance Australia, let's get blind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greatest Aussie song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back