Greatest Ever Crow: Ricciuto vs McLeod ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chewy said:
I wonder if I titled a thread "Which is better: Black or white ?" how many people would post responses like Grey, Red or Beige ? Fairdinkum, some people....
Problem is, you assumed those two were the best, it's definately arguable.
Jarman
McDermott
Rehn
McGuiness
Hart
There's some pretty handy players to consider, and from a successful era.
D.Jarman is my pick by the way.

mark_sm.jpg

Mark Ricciuto

013087ay.jpg

Andrew Mcleod

Look at them, Roo wins hands down.

Since the Crows claimed the right to wear a 1930's state jumper last year for the heritage round how come guys like Barrie Robran, Lindsay Head and Neil Kerley aren't getting mentioned in this discussion? :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows have played off in 2 day and 1 night GF’s since McLeod debuted. He was BOG in all 3 and they won all 3. That'll do me. Nothing against any other Crow but when the stakes have been highest McLeod has produced his considerable best.

Toots Hibbert said:
Since the Crows claimed the right to wear a 1930's state jumper last year for the heritage round how come guys like Barrie Robran, Lindsay Head and Neil Kerley aren't getting mentioned in this discussion? :confused:

Nice try Toots, but the jumper was clearly a replica to celebrate that our heritage came from the SANFL. The jumper did not have the SA logo, it had an AFC logo.

Judging by your club's heritage guernsey, how come B1, B2, Rat in A HAt and Morgan don't get a mention among your club's greats?:confused:

MarkT said:
Crows have played off in 2 day and 1 night GF’s since McLeod debuted. He was BOG in all 3 and they won all 3. That'll do me. Nothing against any other Crow but when the stakes have been highest McLeod has produced his considerable best.

Add to that, the fact that he should have won a Brownlow, if the white maggots hadn't seen fit to not give him a solitary vote for his B.O.G . performance against Fremantle. That's life, but still disappointing as it would have capped off a remarkable career for Macca.

FIGJAM said:
I'd take a young Darren Jarman in a heartbeat over the other two!

He wasn't Adelaide's greatest player. Jars had his best years at Hawthorn.
But he was ridiculously good....

Ben Hart - very good, dependable defender
Shaun Rehn - awesome before the knee went

McDermott, McGuinness, Goodwin, Smart, Modra, Bickley, Edwards and the Jarman brothers have all been good.

No one can seriously suggest any of them have been better than Ricciuto or McLeod for Adelaide.

McLeod at his best was equal to any midfielder I've seen at full flight, bit up and down but played his best when it counted, two grand finals, two norm smiths.

Ricciouto has been a rock and so consistent, I couldn't make the call, but his leadership ability may tip him over the edge just, but it would hurt make a call either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greatest Ever Crow: Ricciuto vs McLeod ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back