Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't even deserve a fine last week. Sure he plays a little rough, but putting your hands near someone's face is worthy of a suspension? Lol.
“... plays a little rough” might refer to an incident in play. What he does is snipe and go out of his way to injure while taking measures to hide his actions. Prick.

1. He was charged with unreasonable contact to the "eye region" - compared to last week when he was charged with unreasonable contact to the face. That a small but major difference
2. It was unprovoked. Two teammates were already on top of Neale and play had stopped
3. He looked around to see where the umpire was before proceeding
4. Neale took some time to get up
5. He declared remorse last week

Wont get off in my opinion.

The smoking gun.
The bloke is a dog and a coward, and should have been rubbed out for a long time last week. The AFL looks pretty stupid already — no need to look even stupider this week by letting him off again.
According to some that is not sufficient evidence. The eyeball would need to be hanging from the socket to appease the apologists.

Will rest on the testimony of Neal and he WILL NOT dob in another player

The AFL are a sanctimonious bunch of Hippocrates.
They preach about their moral stand on all things, yet they ALLOW two vile things, gambling and bullying to go unchecked.
Everytime a player is suspended for retaliating then the BULLY who started the niggling gets away with it EVERY time.
Shame Shame Shame

Will rest on the testimony of Neal and he WILL NOT dob in another player

The AFL are a sanctimonious bunch of Hippocrates.
They preach about their moral stand on all things, yet they ALLOW two vile things, gambling and bullying to go unchecked.
Everytime a player is suspended for retaliating then the BULLY who started the niggling gets away with it EVERY time.
Shame Shame Shame

I reckon youre over reacting to something that hasnt happened yet.

1. He was charged with unreasonable contact to the "eye region" - compared to last week when he was charged with unreasonable contact to the face. That a small but major difference
2. It was unprovoked. Two teammates were already on top of Neale and play had stopped
3. He looked around to see where the umpire was before proceeding
4. Neale took some time to get up
5. He declared remorse last week

Wont get off in my opinion.
Dunno, he might be even more sorryer this week

It’s unnecessary contact to the face, hard to argue when lachie Neale is lying on his stomach trying to protect his face.

Since my comment I have watched the footage.

He should never be suspended for that incident..............Hawkins getting a week is a joke in comparison to that.

Since my comment I have watched the footage.

He should never be suspended for that incident..............Hawkins getting a week is a joke in comparison to that.

So you think it is acceptable to extend your arm through the middle of a pack of players on the ground and rub someone’s face with their hand?

This was not accidental contact. This was a deliberate effort to attack his face when he was helpless to defend himself. How anyone can think that is acceptable is beyond me.

You make deliberate contact with the face of a player in those circumstances and you should be rubbed out. The face and eyes need to be protected.

View attachment 746554

Didn't eye gauge Bont my arse.

In the wild early days of UFC, the rules were simple: no eye gouging, no fish hooking, and no groin strikes.

You can't have players placing pressure around the eyes of others.

It is a contemptible and cowardly act if done deliberately. If inadvertent, and repeated, it is reckless. Especially if the victim is pinned.

Either way, Greene seems very lucky with a week suspension.

Wonder if anyone from the Giants has told him he is destroying his reputation as a person. That this will likely impact him after footy.

Or if the club quietly revels in the on-field benefit they get from seeming tough?

So you think it is acceptable to extend your arm through the middle of a pack of players on the ground and rub someone’s face with their hand?

This was not accidental contact. This was a deliberate effort to attack his face when he was helpless to defend himself. How anyone can think that is acceptable is beyond me.

You make deliberate contact with the face of a player in those circumstances and you should be rubbed out. The face and eyes need to be protected.

I have no problem with what he did...........maybe my threshold for “tough footy and making them earn it” differs to most.

Six pages for this suggests to me our game is becoming soft as.

I am out........looking forward to Maynard giving Toby another bath this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At first I thought he’d be fine, but then saw some footage from a diffeeent angle and thought that given it’s the same incident two weeks in a row that the suspension may sti k this time around.

By the way- even though he is a filthy player, I reckon I’d be pretty happy to have him in a Magpies jumper.

I have no problem with what he did...........maybe my threshold for “tough footy and making them earn it” differs to most.

If you're not tolerant of eye gouging (or going for the face of a player who is pinned down) you're soft are you? Ok mate...:drunk:

Theres nothing brave or tough about clawing an opponent in the face.

Last week Greene wasn't even charged with eye gouging. If we're gonna start suspending people for touching someone's face, then we need to start suspending people who commit a high tackle.

It wasn't an accidental touch though. And nor was it in play as you suggested (ie. High tackle). It was intentional and deliberate. Lol how can people not see this?

Further, there was no need for Greene to even jump on the pack in the first place.

If you're not tolerant of eye gouging (or going for the face of a player who is pinned down) you're soft are you? Ok mate...:drunk:

Enlighten me when he was he charged with eye gouging?

Theres nothing brave or tough about clawing an opponent in the face.

Was he charged with clawing an opponent?

Stop being so melodramatic people you’re sounding like Tigers supporters.

No evidence of eye gouging. And btw, a few blurry photos won't cut it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene's One Week - Mabo, the Vibe, Justice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back