Griffin for 61 confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Griffen for 61 confirmed

That's fine.

Pick 61 is about the best that he's worth. Very much a depth player.

Fremantle have covered possible gaps in the list with a absolute minimum of expense. I expect Faulks to have a huge impact in 2011 he is exactly what we need in our backline.

Griffin will get a game if Sandi (God Forbid) gets injured. Well done Freo!

This should give party boy Zac Clarke a reality check. He's now behind Sandi, Keps, Johnson & Griffin. He has a lot of hard work to do and can't just rely on injuries to get a game.

Fremantle have covered possible gaps in the list with a absolute minimum of expense. I expect Faulks to have a huge impact in 2011 he is exactly what we need in our backline.

Griffin will get a game if Sandi (God Forbid) gets injured. Well done Freo!

I'm not so sure about that.

I think Clarke and Griffin will be on an even footing at the start of pre-season and whoever is most impressive or best placed at the time that any opportunities present themselves will be given a go.
I don't think you can automatically assume that if Sandi is unavailable then Griffen just comes in.
There's healthy competition for the spot. And all things being equal, I'll back Clarke to win the spot!

61 is a fair deal, this deal will be more important to east fremantle than fremantle. i would be amazed if sandi & griffen played together at all during the season. we will still run with sandi & mj/keps in the ruck & griffin will only get a look in if sandi gets injured & we are playing a team with a fairly dominant big man.

This should give party boy Zac Clarke a reality check. He's now behind Sandi, Keps, Johnson & Griffin. He has a lot of hard work to do and can't just rely on injuries to get a game.
I doubt he is behind Griffin.

Griffin is insurance.

Thing is if we play Sandi like we did this season then his knees will be shot by round 13. You would think there will be games for either Clarke or Griffen at some point in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fairly happy with that, pick 61 is the most I'd like to pay for him, but I reckon he's not a bad body to have on the list.

It's a Sandi managament issue for mine. I think Harvs will be keen to use Griffin when he can to let Sandi sit out games and/or play significantly less time in the ruck mid and late in the season when niggles start to set in.

We burned 211 out this season, no doubt about it. And the way it finished was borderline neglegent on our part - a player like Griffin in the mix gives us a touch more in the bank to sit Sandi out if the opportunity is right.

I just had a look at his 2010 stats, surprised to see that he played 11 games this year.

Hard to see Kepler getting many games now unless Johnson gets injured or hits poor form, and with his off field shenanigans this year you'd hope that he'll have a big summer on the track.

Don't worry about Kep - Johnno probably won't be doing too much rucking anyway, he will act as a loose man when needed and just run through the wing and spend time in the forward line

Kep can also play forward and ruck in the forward line, meaning Sandi/Griffen can rest when needed

I keep reassuring myself Kep will continue to play, so apoligies if most of this seems totally unrealistic :)

It's Griffin. :(

Seriously though, really glad both clubs were mature about this and that Freo helped out in getting Jon back to his family and to a club on the rise in Freo. I'm not sure how much of an opportunity he'll get, but with Jacobs coming to Adelaide there just wasn't much room for the Griff.

What you have now is a ruckman who has the talent for AFL but perhaps not the mindset or intensity. When focussed, his performances have been very encouraging, but too often he falls back into old habits and doesn't give enough of a contest. For us he never made the complete transition from SANFL player to AFL. Hopefully, now that he's back home and closer to his family, he can deliver.

Don't worry about Kep - Johnno probably won't be doing too much rucking anyway, he will act as a loose man when needed and just run through the wing and spend time in the forward line

Kep can also play forward and ruck in the forward line, meaning Sandi/Griffen can rest when needed

I keep reassuring myself Kep will continue to play, so apoligies if most of this seems totally unrealistic :)

Kep might play quite a few games as a sub, but I can't see him being a regular in the 21 unless someone suffers an injury or hits a form slump.

It's Griffin. :(

Seriously though, really glad both clubs were mature about this and that Freo helped out in getting Jon back to his family and to a club on the rise in Freo. I'm not sure how much of an opportunity he'll get, but with Jacobs coming to Adelaide there just wasn't much room for the Griff.

What you have now is a ruckman who has the talent for AFL but perhaps not the mindset or intensity. When focussed, his performances have been very encouraging, but too often he falls back into old habits and doesn't give enough of a contest. For us he never made the complete transition from SANFL player to AFL. Hopefully, now that he's back home and closer to his family, he can deliver.

Well said.

His future's completely up to him now, he's close to family so if he wants to succeed he's been given the hand to do so. the rest is up to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Griffin for 61 confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back