Autopsy Groundhog day averted! Swans defeat Cats by 30 infront of a packed SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats on the win, best team in it by a mile and far too good, hope you go all the way, pretty sure you wont see us again at any stage.
Very gracious but TBH I will be very surprised if you don't make the 8 and not terribly surprised if you make top 4. Think Scott was right when he said you might be better in the second half of the year. I just don't understand why he plays Cameron so high. We didn't have to be much off for you to get going.

All this positivity is not the Bigfooty board way.

A whipping boy is needed.

And I, dear reader, bring to you 3 viable options:

McLean: hasn’t kicked a goal in forever & his ruck worked just didn’t measure up. Geelong took control whenever Grundy was off. Only took 1 mark, none contested. Applies no forward half pressure and questions are starting to arise, with Hamling kicks bags in the VFL.

Roberts: clearly in need of a spell. Some of his chasing efforts were sub-par. 66% ToG shows he’s either tired, or Horse is losing faith.

Cunningham: job is to lock down an opposition small forward. Close & Miers had a field day early on (I won’t include Stengle here, as Rampe had the job on him). 9 disposals - quite a few of which were clangers + no tackles.

Now doesn’t that feel better? Normal whipping boy discussions may resume.

I guess Longmire can coach for another week?

I'm going to settle back with a Gin & tonic and watch the replay. It's going to be delicious.

Yum Yum Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas
Great idea! Me too 🍸

Very gracious but TBH I will be very surprised if you don't make the 8 and not terribly surprised if you make top 4. Think Scott was right when he said you might be better in the second half of the year. I just don't understand why he plays Cameron so high. We didn't have to be much off for you to get going.
In all honesty we look much better when Cameron is playing out of the square as he is very quick, unfortunately for us Scott doesnt see it that way too often and doesnt want to hurt Hawkins feelings by dropping him i think 🤣

All this positivity is not the Bigfooty board way.

A whipping boy is needed.

And I, dear reader, bring to you 3 viable options:

McLean: hasn’t kicked a goal in forever & his ruck worked just didn’t measure up. Geelong took control whenever Grundy was off. Only took 1 mark, none contested. Applies no forward half pressure and questions are starting to arise, with Hamling kicking bags in the VFL.

Roberts: clearly in need of a spell. Some of his chasing efforts were sub-par. 66% ToG shows he’s either tired, or Horse is losing faith.

Cunningham: job is to lock down an opposition small forward. Close & Miers had a field day early on (I won’t include Stengle here, as Rampe had the job on him). 9 disposals - quite a few of which were clangers + no tackles.

Now doesn’t that feel better? Normal whipping boy discussions may now resume 😋.
Well we're only on page 8.
After Richmond we were on page 27 after 100 minutes

I rekn the slow start today just looked like we needed a bit of time to get back up to speed, but mostly getting used the he new htb interpretation. Horse did mention the players are going to have to adapt, and I think they over corrected and rushed alot of the tight stuff, which then put pressure on our easier disposals that led to dump kicks. I noticed once we relaxed with a our disposal is when we started to get back to playing our usual way.

In all honesty we look much better when Cameron is playing out of the square as he is very quick, unfortunately for us Scott doesnt see it that way too often and doesnt want to hurt Hawkins feelings by dropping him i think 🤣

Cameron a great field kick but throw a vote across our coaches and they would of been delighted seeing Cameron up the ground.

Looked very dangerous in his natural position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not convinced about Roberts, to be honest. He doesn't look like he has any mongrel in him at all. Almost like a quarterback in the NFL that shirk contact.

there's a lot of debate these days about the tiers of ability/worth of players in teams ... the top players, the role players, the "bottom six",etc
our acknowledged best would be heeney, gulden, warner, grundy, blakey and rowbottom, but the depth of our next level of players must surely be unprecedented (there's definitely arguments to be made that some of them are among our most important, if not "best" talent-wise): mccartin, mcinerney, florent, hayward, papley, mclean, mcdonald, rampe ... and the way they're playing at the moment, how do you then rate jordon, lloyd, wicks, adams, cunningham, amartey, roberts?
jordon was enormous again today, amartey is getting noticeably stronger and better by the game, lloyd is playing about as well as he ever has, mccartin came back well, and melican, rampe and cunningham continue to do a great job individually and as parts of a terrific defensive unit
and mcinerney?! he was outstanding today (the little handball return to papley for the banana goal was sublime!) and isn't far behind rowbottom as the next player into our elite group ...
not everyone will be at their best every week but with our playing list, as long as most of them are near their best we're going to be hard to beat

it seems like we have 10 different scorers every week, and creative options all over the ground and a group of players with the skills to pull the trigger at any moment ... and we are constantly in attack mode!
late in the game today, we were holding on to a 13-point lead barely, five minutes left, and geelong coming at us in one last desperate surge ... and rather than try to just play safe, play for time, we attacked from a contest just on our defensive 50 that ends up in warner's goal to seal the win

at the moment we have the deepest "middle" group of players in the competition, which has to be a factor in what we're doing this season ... and why we're very much the premiership favourite

And our bottom 6 are very good. No obvious weak links. Just slightly different strengths/ skillsets.

I think Campbell, Roberts, even Cunningham to an extent could all be upgraded. Campbell pretty disappointing when coming on as the sub.

Mills, Parker and even Sheldrick I think would be upgrades (not that they're like for like).

I think Campbell, Roberts, even Cunningham to an extent could all be upgraded. Campbell pretty disappointing when coming on as the sub.

Mills, Parker and even Sheldrick I think would be upgrades (not that they're like for like).

Our bottom 6 would be certain starters in every team best 22

there's a lot of debate these days about the tiers of ability/worth of players in teams ... the top players, the role players, the "bottom six",etc
our acknowledged best would be heeney, gulden, warner, grundy, blakey and rowbottom, but the depth of our next level of players must surely be unprecedented (there's definitely arguments to be made that some of them are among our most important, if not "best" talent-wise): mccartin, mcinerney, florent, hayward, papley, mclean, mcdonald, rampe ... and the way they're playing at the moment, how do you then rate jordon, lloyd, wicks, adams, cunningham, amartey, roberts?
jordon was enormous again today, amartey is getting noticeably stronger and better by the game, lloyd is playing about as well as he ever has, mccartin came back well, and melican, rampe and cunningham continue to do a great job individually and as parts of a terrific defensive unit
and mcinerney?! he was outstanding today (the little handball return to papley for the banana goal was sublime!) and isn't far behind rowbottom as the next player into our elite group ...
not everyone will be at their best every week but with our playing list, as long as most of them are near their best we're going to be hard to beat

it seems like we have 10 different scorers every week, and creative options all over the ground and a group of players with the skills to pull the trigger at any moment ... and we are constantly in attack mode!
late in the game today, we were holding on to a 13-point lead barely, five minutes left, and geelong coming at us in one last desperate surge ... and rather than try to just play safe, play for time, we attacked from a contest just on our defensive 50 that ends up in warner's goal to seal the win

at the moment we have the deepest "middle" group of players in the competition, which has to be a factor in what we're doing this season ... and why we're very much the premiership favourite

and that's not even mentioning the players we still have up our sleeve ... injured or unable to break into seniors

Fantastic game by Lewis Melican. He was a giant down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back