Autopsy Groundhog day averted! Swans defeat Cats by 30 infront of a packed SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

With Roberts, fox and Melican building up down there with Blakey, Lloyd has had to change roles and by doing so, has revitalised himself
It's accidentally achieved what many, including myself, have been crying out for with Lloyd for years.

In a career quite literally littered with brilliant coaching moves, Horse taking one of our best runners and ball users and turning him into a chip-kicking guard hemmed into the back pocket was not one of them.

That 5 goals defecit eroded rather quickly. It's a good sign that we can respond when the chips were down.

Probably not ideal to let it get to that point but clearly work to do in this space.

I'm still not convinced our brand holds up on GF day. Any pressure seems to really affect us and we concede goals quickly.

We definitely aren't quite the finished product and adding Mills dials up the side to another level.

He may add the finishing touch to help stem a tide when needed and add so much polish and pain for opposition with his smarts and ball use.

Great spot to be
I keep forgetting our captain hasn't played a game this season ...

Amazing crowd, must be close to a record.

Complaining about the academies does disservice to the recruiting of Grundy, Adams and Jordon. Jordon in particular has come from no where.

Cats never died wondering, credit to them they didn’t give up but lacked pace.

We are the team to beat.
Jordon was crucial in our second quarter comeback. Three direct assists and a goal. He was solid the rest of the game but was huge in turning the tide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an exciting game to be at today … yes it was a poor start but tbf we copped some terrible decisions, think we had at least 2 posters, and they played out of their skins and kicked some unbelievable goals from the boundary … everything that could’ve gone wrong, DID!!

BUT, per my attached post, I was never concerned and had a firm belief that we would work our way back into the game.

I remember saying to my son in Q2 that if we could just reduce their lead by a couple of goals , we should run over the top of them in the 2nd half … and then BANG, we played some of the most exhilarating footy in a 10-15 minute surge to pile on 5 very exciting goals to almost grab the halftime lead 😍

And once we took the lead from Paps’ great set shot from 50, we pretty much had the game in full control.

Once again awesome contributions from everyone, another great spread of goal kickers… and we are now a tough mature resilient and skilful team who can run out games well … what a great time to be a Swans fan! 😍

Attachments

• IMG_8554.jpeg
    IMG_8554.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 27
The only time momentum swung back to Geelong in the 2nd half was when Grundy was on the pine.

Today I saw the AA ruckman hit peak form.

And it was superb.
Scott WOULD NOT CONCEDE that Grundy had outplayed Stanley. Or even that he had played well. Reckoned it was all our ground level crew who did the damage. Off with the pixies.

Scott WOULD NOT CONCEDE that Grundy had outplayed Stanley. Or even that he had played well. Reckoned it was all our ground level crew who did the damage. Off with the pixies.
I'm surprised he conceded anything - what rule does he want clarified this week.

This is why we are so fortunate to have acquired Grundy/Adams/Jordan for peanuts.

Opposition clubs rarely want to gift improvement to a competing team
It's a bit like when the Hawks got Lake.
Which was for what ? A Early-ish second rounder.
Everyone was like. WTF. How did that happen so easily.
He just became an integral part of the Hawks dominance

I'm going to settle back with a Gin & tonic and watch the replay. It's going to be delicious.

Yum Yum Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

All this positivity is not the Bigfooty board way.

A whipping boy is needed.

And I, dear reader, bring to you 3 viable options:

McLean: hasn’t kicked a goal in forever & his ruck worked just didn’t measure up. Geelong took control whenever Grundy was off. Only took 1 mark, none contested. Applies no forward half pressure and questions are starting to arise, with Hamling kicking bags in the VFL.

Roberts: clearly in need of a spell. Some of his chasing efforts were sub-par. 66% ToG shows he’s either tired, or Horse is losing faith.

Cunningham: job is to lock down an opposition small forward. Close & Miers had a field day early on (I won’t include Stengle here, as Rampe had the job on him). 9 disposals - quite a few of which were clangers + no tackles.

Now doesn’t that feel better? Normal whipping boy discussions may now resume 😋.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Groundhog day averted! Swans defeat Cats by 30 infront of a packed SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back