Guess who now claims it's in the best interests of footy to let Port use the shed

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant believe theres a thread on this topic????

It's a good insightful article with a good point. It wont happen but it has merit. Seriously we'd love if the crows played at alberton and the supporters pumped their money into our bar it'd be a huge boost.

Anyway what problem have you crows people got with Rucci anyway??? He's a member of the media bringing the facts out and writing his opinion. It's like cuba in this state just because one person writes some bad things about the crows all the supporters have a whinge!!!
Well try being a port supporter because every other writer in the advertiser and every media presenter (Kym Dillion, Mark Bickley, Mark Aiston, KG, Cornesy, Rowe, McDermott, Jarman..... the list goes on) There all crows people!!!!! U idiots sook so much. Welcome to the real world, outside of crowelaide people actually do say bad things about your club, as shocking as it may be you aint perfect and neither are we.

In fact I remember someone whinging that Goodwins case had way too much attention, and that Brogans didn't! Where were these people last year when the front and back page for days and all the news services were covered with crap about one small little punch Brogan landed on a guy who deserved it!!! Gimme a break, I'm sick of all this sooking over what Rucci writes, we have to put up with the uninformed crap from all the rest of the crows supporting media but you dont see us whinging....

IMO if any after match hospitality venue should be altered to accommodate both sets of supporters it should be the tavern. The SANFL should re name to suit all parties.

The Power have Alberton and we have the shed, re name the tavern and the profits go back to the SANFL. Thats a win/win.

Good to see some lateral thinking, and for what it's worth I agree

No - just saying I've never seen any transactions by which Adelaide has purchased land for this facility. I dont think they should be "given" the land - but think it should be purchased by them (even if the purchase is only on paper [and already paid for] by prior dividiends over and above their requirement)

Hang on – did the Port Adelaide Football Club directly or indirectly purchase any deeds for the land that the Allen Scott headquarters are build on at Alberton from the Port Adelaide Enfield council?

The Port Adelaide Football Club would only have signed a 99 year lease with the Port Adelaide / Enfield council for the Alberton oval precinct.

Do the PAFC own this land or just lease it? If you own it did you pay for it or get it for free?

Cant believe theres a thread on this topic????

It's a good insightful article with a good point. It wont happen but it has merit. Seriously we'd love if the crows played at alberton and the supporters pumped their money into our bar it'd be a huge boost.

Anyway what problem have you crows people got with Rucci anyway??? He's a member of the media bringing the facts out and writing his opinion. It's like cuba in this state just because one person writes some bad things about the crows all the supporters have a whinge!!!
Well try being a port supporter because every other writer in the advertiser and every media presenter (Kym Dillion, Mark Bickley, Mark Aiston, KG, Cornesy, Rowe..... the list goes on) There all crows people!!!!! U idiots sook so much. Welcome to the real world, outside of crowelaide people actually do say bad things about your club, as shocking as it may be you aint perfect and neither are we.

In fact I remember someone whinging that Goodwins case had way too much attention, and that Brogans didn't! Where were these people last year when the front and back page for days and all the news services were covered with crap about one small little punch Brogan landed on a guy who deserved it!!! Gimme a break, I'm sick of all this sooking over what Rucci writes, we have to put up with the uninformed crap from all the rest of the crows supporting media but you dont see us whinging....

The problem being, we dont need your money and dont want you at our club.

The story has no merit, its based on nothing factual at all.

If you dont like the comments here, dont come here.

On your bike sonny.

The problem being, we dont need your money and dont want you at our club.

The story has no merit, its based on nothing factual at all.

On your bike sonny.

You get no choice. Whether you want our money or not, you'll get it because your bar is in our stadium. Unless we have a bar in our stadium it'll never be fair if you cant see how that is unfair then you are as blind as an umpire.

And believe it or not there are two teams in this state, and yes believe it or not the other team does use AAMI stadium as well

No - just saying I've never seen any transactions by which Adelaide has purchased land for this facility. I dont think they should be "given" the land - but think it should be purchased by them (even if the purchase is only on paper [and already paid for] by prior dividiends over and above their requirement)

... (I also think that every cent AFC makes over their required divididend should be maintained by the club)

Have you seen any paper transactions whereby the AFC pays the SANFL for their current administration offices?

You get no choice. Whether you want our money or not, you'll get it because your bar is in our stadium. Unless we have a bar in our stadium it'll never be fair if you cant see how that is unfair then you are as blind as an umpire

Mate, go spend your money elsewhere. I didnt say we wont take it, we just dont need it. A fool and his cash are very easily seperated. Thanks.

Your very unwelcome.

There is not argument. If your club doesnt provide you with what you want, its not our fault. Take it up with JJ.

Point noted. But I'm pretty sure the crows didn't build the crows tavern. It was a bar built by the SANFL that the crows moved into around 1997 when the crows saw we had a club bar and realised they needed one, so they just moved in. And if thats the case then the Power should also be able to move in and take some of the profits, seeing the SANFL owns both clubs and should be helping them equally

good to see you had a great argument to come back with. Sorry we bothered using YOUR stadium

I don’t know why you use AAMI stadium either, other than the fact your owner (the SANFL) make you.

Welcome to the franchise family. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is that AAMI should be sold and the money invested with the government into a new larger stadium 70k+ seat stadium at the rail yards. It is rediculous to have 2 football stadiums.

The problem is always that the SANFL's reluctance to get with the times and their belief that football park is some sort of monument to their legacy.

They are doing exactly what we need to do in Perth, but as usual we will be stuck with our Waverley-esque stadium for the rest of time and the AFC will be stuck in netural until things change.

Absolutly spot on, we are getting left behind and no matter how much they dress it up AAMi Stadium is not a world class stadium. There really needs ot be more of a push towards this but the current SANFL administration are doing all they can to ensure it doesn't happen.

Point noted. But I'm pretty sure the crows didn't build the crows tavern. It was a bar built by the SANFL that the crows moved into around 1997 when the crows saw we had a club bar and realised they needed one, so they just moved in. And if thats the case then the Power should also be able to move in and take some of the profits, seeing the SANFL owns both clubs and should be helping them equally

The entire yearly profit intake from the Crows Tavern at AAMI stadium goes directly to the SANFL, not the AFC.

It’s just the Crows Tavern in name.

Again, we have what we have because we made it happen. If your not happy with what your club has provided, take it up with JJ, its got nothing to do with us. The AFC has no obligation to Port fans at all. If you want a bar at footy park, get your club to establish one. I'm sure the SANFL would help out, but dont expect it of the AFC.

I think if you actaully sat down and worked out who got help and how much, I think you would find that you got much more because you needed it. I cant recall the SANFL restructuring the finances to keep us afloat.

Anyway what problem have you crows people got with Rucci anyway??? He's a member of the media bringing the facts out and writing his opinion.

You're half right. Guess which half.

Well try being a port supporter because every other writer in the advertiser and every media presenter (Kym Dillion, Mark Bickley, Mark Aiston, KG, Cornesy, Rowe, McDermott, Jarman..... the list goes on) There all crows people!!!!!

Stop being selective. You could have mentioned Dittmar, Abernethy, Russell, Rooch ... McDermott will be anti-Crows until he gets rid of that chip on his shoulder, Cornesy's compromised considering his boys play there and Rowey's Port Power when he warms up.

U idiots sook so much. Welcome to the real world, outside of blah blah blah blah Goodwins case had way too much attention, and that Brogans didn't blah blah blah blah but you dont see us whinging....

Au contraire. Whinging seems to be prerequisite for the Alberton crowd. Any of these sound familiar? 'We don't get enough coverage', 'The AFL's out to get us with scheduling', 'There are two teams in this town', 'We want our B&F televised too', 'We want to wear our old jumper'.

Absolutly spot on, we are getting left behind and no matter how much they dress it up AAMi Stadium is not a world class stadium. There really needs ot be more of a push towards this but the current SANFL administration are doing all they can to ensure it doesn't happen.

Unfortunately until the fair weather Port Supporters get off there butts and buy season tickets Footy Park will be the only stadium!

It amazes me Carlton and Richmond draw 60,000 Port struggles to get half of that!

Unfortunately until the fair weather Port Supporters get off there butts and buy season tickets Footy Park will be the only stadium!

It amazes me Carlton and Richmond draw 60,000 Port struggles to get half of that!

It's no surprise to me. The reason Crows got entry over Port in the first place is because they needed a team that everyone would support. All SANFL fans basically would've avoided the games as they are a hated club to the majority. They needed a club that was profitable and they could market so not only would we have a full membership but also a healthy return for the SANFL. If Port got in it would've been a disaster in everyway. BIG TIME.

Now that they are in you are seeing the same thing. No one likes them but you couldn't deny them entry twice. Now if they had of entered Norwood say instead of Port, people may have considered supporting them even though they are say a Glenelg supporter. It would have been another successful entry to the AFL and would most likely be getting near sellouts to both teams and we would have a much healthier relationship with our enemy.

End dribble.

It's no surprise to me. The reason Crows got entry over Port in the first place is because they needed a team that everyone would support. All SANFL fans basically would've avoided the games as they are a hated club to the majority. They needed a club that was profitable and they could market so not only would we have a full membership but also a healthy return for the SANFL. If Port got in it would've been a disaster in everyway. BIG TIME.

Now that they are in you are seeing the same thing. No one likes them but you couldn't deny them entry twice. Now if they had of entered Norwood say instead of Port, people may have considered supporting them even though they are say a Glenelg supporter. It would have been another successful entry to the AFL and would most likely be getting near sellouts to both teams and we would have a much healthier relationship with our enemy.

End dribble.

Or even more profitable would have been another SANFL club with a new name. It is really sad it turned out this way. However it does make the rivilary fierce for the state. Very fierce to the point of threads like this and desperate marketing tools like Rucci.

End dribble.

IMO another composite side might have been more succesful in attracting people. Norwood though wouldnt have appealed to many at all IMO. Prior to the events of 1990, I had Port and Norwood in the same boat. Didnt and woudnt have ever supported either team in any competition.

The thing that would be lost if they had gone with another composite team though would be the rivalry we have. The dislike that exists between our clubs cant be manufactured over night. It took one of the most disgraceful acts in football history to generate that.

Neither Carlton or Richmond draw 60,000 against interstate sides. Keep apples with apples thanks

Yeh fair enough. What does port usually draw to there home showdown?

We sell 38,000-40,000 tickets each week, and the crows sell 52,500 each week.

Seeing theres about a 60:40 split of fans, do the math!!! We are doing alright when we get 30,000 at a game, seeing the crows get about 44,000 on average.

And if any of the melbourne sides play an interstate team they struggle to get 40,000.

Also EVERY showdown has been a sell-out

Neither Carlton or Richmond draw 60,000 against interstate sides. Keep apples with apples thanks

Fair enough but facts are facts your membership numbers are de-creasing and nothing is going to be done with AAMI until Port manages to get more members and more people to there games. Last weeks match I would have thought will get a few more on board for you guys hopefully

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess who now claims it's in the best interests of footy to let Port use the shed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back