Media Guns Media - S38 Sweet FA - Four Things I Learnt This Week

Remove this Banner Ad

The four things I learned this off season:

1. Some clubs are more equal than others when it comes to meting out punishment for rules transgressions. The silence from those that should be frothing is deafening. Maybe I missed a rule change?

2. The current crop of newbies seems a little more prepared than usual, and not in a "been here before" Dragons kind of way. Maybe some of the usual suspects have finally learned to STFU and leave the newbies to find their way. Maybe

3. It's funny what a little bit of power does to some people, it makes some greater than they once were and makes some others just grate. Don't forget that those you climb over on the way to the top will be there to witness your fall when you reach too far.

4. The self-appointed guardians of the SFA seem to have an eroding power base. It seems you can push others too far and lose the trust you thought you had. It is tiring to defend the indefensible, at some point it becomes all too hard. They had a good run.

So what have I learnt

1. Swamprars stick together thru thick and thin. , might be the dirty mud making them stick
2. Dragons needed me but didn’t offer enough fans to dance with me
3. The crowd loves a rookie and I will make love to ,,,,, umm I mean I love them too
4. Free drinks makes everyone friends

Dear Greenery,

We would like to thank you for your application to join the Bombers in Season 38.

Unfortunately, all of our positions have been filled.
We wish you the best for the future.

Warmest wishes,
Pugsley

View attachment 2044974

Baghdad Bombers
Official Season 38 Squad List

1. PaPaPete (R)
2. tomjoad
3. MayTheNorthBeWithU
4. Jabba73 (VC)
5. Kilroy(LG)
7. iDon
9. ArdentEagle
10. SaintsSeptember
11. norway blue
12. Bovo (LG)
13. BLUEALLTHRU
14. Pugsley (Captain)
15. Footy Is The Win
16. VainGlorious
17. MITS
18. gab213 (LG)
19. HaroLad
20. mcgrath_truther (R)
21. The Sultan
22. CursingFijian
23. Osc1
24. YeoGabbaGabba
25. JustaBattler
29. Grav (LG)
35. snozulu
37. kickthething
43. KohPhi (LG)

SQUAD SIZE: 27/30

IN'S: mcgrath_truther (Rookie), PaPaPete (Rookie)

OUT'S: PetWussy (delisted), sunny3193 (delisted)
Good news Greenery. It seems three spots have mysteriously opened up. Pugsley surely can't reject you now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dragons needed a big name incoming.
1721350821777.png

Without ****** at the Dragons going to be fun for them to get Frosty into the squad but I do look forward to Frosty returning if he hasn't already

Last edited:
1722151470382.png

Round.1 was extremely difficult one and before we raise our glasses let's reflect on the week that was

1. U2tigers always said Demons had the qooty gods on their side, I just wish today wasn't that day, sorry Headless

2. Was worried Furies would miss Pickitt, boy was I wrong Orange crush going to be one to watch this season

3. Raz won't be missed for long, inbox will be running hot the next couple of days

4. With all the talk about players sitting, recruitment, expansion etc etc before we bounce the qooty for the season - this seasons rookie crop all of a sudden looks strong

Before you drop your 4 things, raise your glasses my friends
Horrie I'm really going to miss you - thanks for so many wonderful memories
You have a left a footprint like no other on this site
WONDERful Legend

RIP Grand Uncle Horace

1722810005677.png

Round.2 and what a game the Hawks had, well more so Tarkyn_24 :fire:

1. CHF or FF the :goat: will always be the :goat:

2. You put your players where they are best suited eg. Tarkyn_24 in the FWD's, Headless always INT#2 never INT#1 Tigerturbulance learnt the hard way in mixing things up with Harvey Manfrenjensenden yet to move
from Full Back from last night
1722809214085.png
#cup2spoon2cup2spoon

3. Well well well was I right with Raz not being missed for long, now get the posting stat thread
up and enjoy what should be an eventful week against the Old Boys

4. myblueroan is a quality accusation for TEAM GUNS

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Guns Media - S38 Sweet FA - Four Things I Learnt This Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back