GWS 12pm Press conference today - Scully Signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: GWS 12pm Press conference today

they spent 6. MILLION. DOLLARS. on tom scully. holy shit

LOL, yeah... that #1 tag covers about 3million of it

Re: Scully to GWS - official

Well that's just great.

Honestly I can't remember the MFC being at a lower point in recent history. (And we've been in decline since 1964!)

Phil Davis went about it the right way.

People are going to be pissed off either way, but if you're up front and honest about it, at least you'll still have some respect.
Yep agreed

If it was more about not wanting to stay at Melboune he could of gone to another Vic Club

As for the money, it's the players choice -as much as I hate agreeing with Vlad hes right about one thing.....no one put a gun to his head and he could be comfortable here anyways. It's not like he would starve to death on his current salary :rolleyes:

Don't hate the player, hate the game. AFL has made it impossible for Scully to turn down setting up his LIFE financially by moving. Nobody here would have turned down the coin he's been offered, so (as much as it hurts, Melbourne fans) I don't see how you can go crook at Scully.

This. :thumbsu:

Maybe I would feel different if I was ACTUALLY in a Melbourne supporters shoes, but if Riewoldt or Goddard were the guy in Scully's position, I honestly couldn't blame them for leaving!

How can anyone really believe that they wouldn't turn down $6mil over 6 years?!...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Dermott Brereton said on the footy show yesterday:

If your taking your family up, your not going to make a decision, you have already made it and are showing off your new home.

You can't blame him for going, but he really hasn't handled it well. Should have waited another day or two, or made the call last week. Doing it this way just smells.

The problem was that the speculation about him leaving started so early in the season, what the hell was he supposed to say?

Like most have said , who wouldnt leave for that kind of money?

Also lets not forget the way MFC actually got him, its not like he had a choice or even wanted to be there in the first place, with all due respect to MFC supporters, its karma. Good luck to the kid.

He's been signed for years. Damn footballers are shocking liars. Having people like Stynes defend his integrity all year makes me sick. He's been lying the whole time. Enjoy your life of obscurity $cully.

Scully comes out of this worse off. Will now be seen and known as the guy who lied to team mates , coaches and staff and most importantly the fans.

I have nothing wrong with a player taking a better contract but it could of been handled ALOT better.

Re: CONFIRMED - Scully Gone

I can't wait for the presser when he says "money was obviously a factor, but..."

Like to slip them some truth serum before they went before the journos.

"Nah. I was happy at Melbourne. But as soon as Sheeds parked a truckload of money at me front door, that was it. First and last, mate."

Wow, can't think of any news that would be worse for Melbourne than this. Kid is going to be the next Judd, I mean he's already switching clubs for cash, well ahead of the curve so far.

Yeah that's great - of course if you recieved an employment offer that sets you up for LIFE you'd turn it down wouldn't you :rolleyes:

he'd have been set for life if he stayed at melbourne, too. past a certain threshold, it's just greed.

Re: CONFIRMED - Scully Gone

I just hate that the club and fans have been taken for a ride. I can accept him moving on, but yesterday:

"I haven't made a decision yet".

O RLY?

Fundamental breakdown of loyalty, in the simpliest of forms. He could have remained loyal to the club's integrity and worth, but instead spat over every opportunity the club gave him, including nuturing him through his buckles knee.

Good riddance.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS 12pm Press conference today - Scully Signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back