GWS Brownlow votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree, Giles is a class act and very important for our development next year.

Whilst there are better tap ruckmen there are few better finishers in the competition. He is the forward presence we hope Cameron and Patton will be in 3 or 4 years time.

I do think we also need a high quality tap ruckman as well as we tend to get beaten in that area but Giles really should be kept. We have the money to keep him, Christ we are paying several others crazy figures, and can front load him if necessary to balance it out when some of the kids get on the mega dollars.

We must do anything we can to keep this guy, he is a gun.

Have to agree, Giles is a class act and very important for our development next year.

Whilst there are better tap ruckmen there are few better finishers in the competition. He is the forward presence we hope Cameron and Patton will be in 3 or 4 years time.

I do think we also need a high quality tap ruckman as well as we tend to get beaten in that area but Giles really should be kept. We have the money to keep him, Christ we are paying several others crazy figures, and can front load him if necessary to balance it out when some of the kids get on the mega dollars.

We must do anything we can to keep this guy, he is a gun.

He probably wants the contract of a out and out proper first ruckman. While Giles is a great player and had some great games, he is yet to prove he can play a whole year like that. He drifted in and out of the season. We should keep him if we can, but he hasn't really proven that we should pay that for him.

Mountain Giant,

Giles played well enough to conclusively beat out Dean Brogan as the starting ruckman.

Letting him walk essentially commits us to hiring a new ruckman, and probably drafting one with a very high draft pick.

He's good enough to start. Pay the man.

Mountain Giant,

Giles played well enough to conclusively beat out Dean Brogan as the starting ruckman.

Letting him walk essentially commits us to hiring a new ruckman, and probably drafting one with a very high draft pick.

He's good enough to start. Pay the man.

IanW,

I tend to agree, I tend to think though that I would like to see Giles for one more year before a big contract. Well, obviously that is out the window so there might be some risk involved so I can see them trying to be fair on Giles should be paid at this current point.

One thing that could be worrying is that maybe GWS don't put enough value in rucks and they think they are easily replaceable. I think good ruckman are vital in the modern game and are not easily replaceable so I hope that isn't the case.

IanW,

I tend to agree, I tend to think though that I would like to see Giles for one more year before a big contract. Well, obviously that is out the window so there might be some risk involved so I can see them trying to be fair on Giles should be paid at this current point.

One thing that could be worrying is that maybe GWS don't put enough value in rucks and they think they are easily replaceable. I think good ruckman are vital in the modern game and are not easily replaceable so I hope that isn't the case.

The other point is there are teams that need rucks that would be happy to hire him - Collingwood, Port Adelaide, St Kilda come to mind immediately. Heck, theres teams that go 'if he averaged a goal a game at GWS, we'll just play him as a full time forward and a #2 ruck".

Pay the man.

i agree with as previously said , word is he wants 3year & offer is 2years . give giles his 3 years & get him on board. plenty clubs out there looking for big mobile ruckman. was in in our top 3 players all year.

i agree with as previously said , word is he wants 3year & offer is 2years . give giles his 3 years & get him on board. plenty clubs out there looking for big mobile ruckman. was in in our top 3 players all year.

If that is the only sticking point, then yes, give him 3!

Simply can't believe Cameron didn't get any votes. He had a few BOG performances for us (but I guess maybe they were all when we were thrashed). But it really is a midfielders award.

Surely the votes for Joffa is a big light to the club to keep this guy on contract. We can't lose him, particularly with Sauce Phillips and then what? Izzy Folau as our ruckmen?

Also, did anyone else see the betting odds before the votes? I'm pretty sure I saw Tom Scully as the shortest price to take the medal of the Giants.

I believe the plan is to get a ready-made ruckman in a trade or in free agency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS Brownlow votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back