Competitions 2024 GWS Board Goalkicker Knockout Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, looking ahead to when Giants return in round 13 after the bye.

We need to start losing some participants ... can't get to the last round and have everyone still in!

So, the rule change will require both of your selected players to kick a goal to progress to the next round. Given the propensity for Hogan & Greene to kick goals, I will restrict participants from swapping to a Hogan-Green combo (I will for the moment allow those already with that combo to keep it). You may also nominate a reserve player in case of a late out (since any player missing a game will now cause you to automatically lose). And no, you may not choose the player out of Green/Hogan whom you don't have as your reserve.

We shall see what happens over the next couple of weeks then, and see if I need to make any other tweaks to gain an outcome.

Here's who everyone currently has:

Colonial: P - Hogan S - Cadman
Giant Yoyo: P - Hogan S - Greene
Giant Gutsache: P - Greene S - Daniels
MelbourneGWS : P- Hogan S- Greene
BarryAglett: P - Greene S - Riccardi
dlanod: P - Hogan S - Daniels
Orange Crush: P - Hogan S - Greene
Giant Strides: P - Hogan S - Daniels

As an example, with Callum Brown presumably coming back in, I will nominate him as my secondary player, and Daniels as my reserve player.

Any questions, or scenarios, put it into the thread.
P- Hogan/ S-Greene (pre existing combo) + Reserve - Callum Brown

OK, reminder for today's game, the new rule will be in force, requiring both primary & secondary players to kick goals to advance, with an additional player able to be nominated as a reserve (in case of late drop out of a P or S player).

As it stands:

Giant Yoyo: P - Hogan S - Greene
Giant Gutsache: P - Greene S - Brown R - Daniels
MelbourneGWS: P- Hogan S- Greene R - Brown
BarryAglett: P - Greene S - Riccardi R - Cadman
dlanod: P - Hogan S - Riccardi R - Brown
Orange Crush: P - Hogan S - Greene R - Riccardi
Giant Strides: P - Hogan S - Brown R - Daniels

Giant Strides may I please update mine to:

Giant YoYo: P - Hogan S - Brown +

Reserve - Toby Greene

Thank you 🙂

OK, well we had a couple more goalkickers in the second half that meant it wasn't a complete wipeout, and so the new rule has done its job in thinning out the competition. Both your primary & secondary goalkickers needed to kick goals, so a "double green" gets you a smiley face, and anything else a frowney face. No reserves required to be put into play this round. A couple of posters jinked left when they should have jinked right or stayed straight - I'm referring to putting Brown into your selections (including mine :(), I'm afraid.

Goals: O'Halloran, Peatling, Hogan, Cadman, Daniels, Greene, Riccardi, Angwin.

Colonial: P - Hogan S - Cadman :)
Giant Yoyo: P - Hogan S - Brown R - Greene :(
Giant Gutsache: P - Greene S - Brown R - Daniels :(
MelbourneGWS: P- Hogan S- Greene R - Brown :)
BarryAglett: P - Greene S - Riccardi R - Cadman :)
dlanod: P - Hogan S - Riccardi R - Brown :)
Orange Crush: P - Hogan S - Greene R - Riccardi :)
Giant Strides: P - Hogan S - Brown R - Daniels :(

So:
  • knocked out = Giant Yoyo, Giant Gutsache, Giant Strides (seems like the team, the Giants have been cut down!)
  • onwards = Colonial, MelbourneGWS, BarryAglett, dlanod, Orange Crush

OK, well we had a couple more goalkickers in the second half that meant it wasn't a complete wipeout, and so the new rule has done its job in thinning out the competition. Both your primary & secondary goalkickers needed to kick goals, so a "double green" gets you a smiley face, and anything else a frowney face. No reserves required to be put into play this round. A couple of posters jinked left when they should have jinked right or stayed straight - I'm referring to putting Brown into your selections (including mine :(), I'm afraid.

Goals: O'Halloran, Peatling, Hogan, Cadman, Daniels, Greene, Riccardi, Angwin.

Colonial: P - Hogan S - Cadman :)
Giant Yoyo: P - Hogan S - Brown R - Greene :(
Giant Gutsache: P - Greene S - Brown R - Daniels :(
MelbourneGWS: P- Hogan S- Greene R - Brown :)
BarryAglett: P - Greene S - Riccardi R - Cadman :)
dlanod: P - Hogan S - Riccardi R - Brown :)
Orange Crush: P - Hogan S - Greene R - Riccardi :)
Giant Strides: P - Hogan S - Brown R - Daniels :(

So:
  • knocked out = Giant Yoyo, Giant Gutsache, Giant Strides (seems like the team, the Giants have been cut down!)
  • onwards = Colonial, MelbourneGWS, BarryAglett, dlanod, Orange Crush
Thanks for running the competition Giant Strides.
Did Brown really have 3 marks and 2 disposals?

Yep, just when you think one is going well and the other less well ...

... for a while I thought it was going to be a complete wipeout with Jesse and Toby unable to find the centre sticks!
Out of curiosity what would have happened if Jesse and Toby were both goalless, and there was a complete wipeout?

Out of curiosity what would have happened if Jesse and Toby were both goalless, and there was a complete wipeout?
Shocked The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. So we keep going until our season finishes, or there is just one survivor - whichever comes first?
I will aim to get it to a single winner. If down to the last few games, I'll go to a countback or points system.

I'll probably tweak the rules again for next week - all 3 remaining posters have Hogan, and we have 2 Hogan-Greene selections. Jesse Hogan is effectively irrelevant. I'll think about a solution tomorrow.

I will aim to get it to a single winner. If down to the last few games, I'll go to a countback or points system.

I'll probably tweak the rules again for next week - all 3 remaining posters have Hogan, and we have 2 Hogan-Greene selections. Jesse Hogan is effectively irrelevant. I'll think about a solution tomorrow.
Is this still going?

OK, sorry guys, I haven't had time to put that tweak in (I'm away from home and heavily distracted by family affairs), so we will stick with the existing rule of both primary and secondary players need to score to remain in the comp (and you may have a reserve player named in case of a player coming out).

Colonial - you need to replace Cadman as your secondary player before the start of the game, otherwise you'll be automatically out.

MelbourneGWS: P- Hogan S- Greene R - Browne
Orange Crush: P - Hogan S - Greene R - Riccardi

If there's a wipeout from those selected players who start the team, then those players will stay in. But if a player is not in the starting line up, you'll be out.

OK, final starters for round 15:

Colonial: P - Hogan S - Kelly
MelbourneGWS: P- Hogan S- Greene

Both selected players need to goal to get a tick for this week.

However, if Hogan doesn't goal, all 3 posters will go around again rather than all go out. Similarly, if both Kelly & Greene don't goal, you'll all go around again next week. i.e. I am still trying to find a single winner.

Good luck!

OK, final starters for round 15:

Colonial: P - Hogan S - Kelly
MelbourneGWS: P- Hogan S- Greene

Both selected players need to goal to get a tick for this week.

However, if Hogan doesn't goal, all 3 posters will go around again rather than all go out. Similarly, if both Kelly & Greene don't goal, you'll all go around again next week. i.e. I am still trying to find a single winner.

Good luck!
*cough it’s J Kelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2024 GWS Board Goalkicker Knockout Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back