GWS need

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS need a 10 year contract for Jeremy Cameron. I went to Skoda yesterday and this kid is a genuine gun. There is some good times ahead for you guys and I just hope you dont panic and change your philosohy on recruiting. My only concern would be Buddy Franklin, I just cant for the life of me understand why you would pay this guy a shipload of cash. He isnt what you need. Totally agree with earlier call that Sewell and Robinson would be good gets. I would like to see the Giants pick Tom Boyd because you can never have too many gun forwards. Would love to see the giants "top up" with 4 or 5 experienced players even if they can only play for a couple of years. The kids will be great in a couple of years and just need some experinced heads around them. They should target the following for next to nothing in return.

Simon Black
Ben Rutten
Paul Chapman
Nathan Bock
Michael Firrito
Kane Cornes
Shane Tuck
Travis Tuck
Sam Fisher
LRT
Daniel Cross
Daniel Kerr

GWS need a 10 year contract for Jeremy Cameron. I went to Skoda yesterday and this kid is a genuine gun. There is some good times ahead for you guys and I just hope you dont panic and change your philosohy on recruiting. My only concern would be Buddy Franklin, I just cant for the life of me understand why you would pay this guy a shipload of cash. He isnt what you need. Totally agree with earlier call that Sewell and Robinson would be good gets. I would like to see the Giants pick Tom Boyd because you can never have too many gun forwards. Would love to see the giants "top up" with 4 or 5 experienced players even if they can only play for a couple of years. The kids will be great in a couple of years and just need some experinced heads around them. They should target the following for next to nothing in return.

Simon Black
Ben Rutten
Paul Chapman
Nathan Bock
Michael Firrito
Kane Cornes
Shane Tuck
Travis Tuck
Sam Fisher
LRT
Daniel Cross
Daniel Kerr
actually, un strike thru black. yeah simon black

black
shane tuck
fisher

concerns are where the head is for some. fisher.

kerr, it would be a golden handshake. he was a player around 2005 who was the best player in the league imo. but i dont think his head is in it, for a new franchise in a different city. it would be for coin, but no return on the park.

fisher, what was with him and gramm at st kilda? too many grams. one m. or ice but no ice baths?

always can build a team with an AA chb.
shit, i strike thru'ed LRT. He is my favourite cult player. turned into a great swingman in the tradition of WCE Hunter.

they could definitely use LRT, since that Sydney have too much depth for a salary cap. this year when he was the third big behind Reid and Goodes. But with Tippett coming in, and Moore getting game time, and Pyke almost taking #1 ruck mantle, and a potential future AA ruck, LRT's manager might see a greater career 20 ks west. I luv the guy, either as a swingman, a CHB or a pinch-hit ruck, and utility tall.

dont know where travis tuck is, and if he still has the talent. Shane Tuck, yes. teams need an extractor, young teams especially so.

if fisher wants it. gram would be good too. but what went with him and st kilda and watters?

Would rather wait and see what downie brings to the table before we make a play for any ruck other then NN or perhaps the guys we missed in longer/Grundy. Downie has been outstanding in the reserves and may potentially have a zac smith type of early impact.

I reckon we would be looking at bringing in guys like:

Tom Bellchambers or Shane Mumford or Billy Longer
Daniel Merrett or Mitch Brown
Jessie White (who I would play as a KPD) - Another Swan worth a look is Luke Parker who is going to struggle in their midfield. They also have a surplus of key defenders with the emergence of Dane Rampe. Alex Johnson is a gun but doubt they'd ever let him go, maybe a Grundy with him getting older and salary cap pressure??
Scott Thompson

We really need an A grade key defender with a big body, A grade ruckman and an A or B big bodied mid.

I reckon if we added that with a Buddy and Tom Boyd we would be pretty stoked. For it to happen we would need to trade out some kids and most of this years draft picks.

Whether it happens is another thing!

Jessie White (who I would play as a KPD) - Another Swan worth a look is Luke Parker who is going to struggle in their midfield. They also have a surplus of key defenders with the emergence of Dane Rampe. Alex Johnson is a gun but doubt they'd ever let him go, maybe a Grundy with him getting older and salary cap pressure??
Scott Thompson

We really need an A grade key defender with a big body, A grade ruckman and an A or B big bodied mid.

I reckon if we added that with a Buddy and Tom Boyd we would be pretty stoked. For it to happen we would need to trade out some kids and most of this years draft picks.

I think we like to keep Scott Thompson. hes the main focus of our defense, we will be more than happy to give you Todd Goldstein & Michael Firrito for your #1 Pick. :)

A Grade Ruck: Goldstein
A Grade defender with bif body/A,B Grade Bif Bodied Mid: Firrito

Done Deal Hey!

I think we like to keep Scott Thompson. hes the main focus of our defense, we will be more than happy to give you Todd Goldstein & Michael Firrito for your #1 Pick. :)

A Grade Ruck: Goldstein
A Grade defender with bif body/A,B Grade Bif Bodied Mid: Firrito

Done Deal Hey!

Hey champ, I was referring to Adelaide's Scott Thompson. Your bloke is a gun as well but I'm certain off limits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way the older guys played in season 1 was crucial in allowing our younger guys to develop. Took the pressure off them a bit and obviously the experience at training, and on field coaching was huge.

We've definitely missed Cornes, Power, Mcdonald this year. Gilham not in the same class as those guys, not Thornton. So we are relying on 22+ year olds like Scully, Ward, Davis to be our mature experienced heads - they are still not 10 year 200+ game players who have been in premierships, finals etc.

The calibre of player retiring at the end of last season was nowhere near the class of 2011. But am hoping we can manage to snag 2 or 3 to bring in. To show our younger guys the intensity and professionalism required at training, the way to prepare properly for games etc.

Firrito could be a decent option - Experienced though the game is passing him by quickly.

Try and convince Gia to play one more year in the role he is currently playing at the dogs (though I think he will be straight into the coaching group there) Cameron is a mate after all.

Simon Black gets to pick his own exit time at Brisbane, but I never would have thought Power would want to play for another club, so there is some hope there.

Sam Fisher would be quality, but as mentioned above, who knows where his head is it.

Jesse White could replace Setanta as a bit of like for like; 2nd ruck who can play key forward. Seems to do a few good things, then do some stupid things which he gets dropped for.

Who else?

Jesse White could replace Setanta as a bit of like for like; 2nd ruck who can play key forward. Seems to do a few good things, then do some stupid things which he gets dropped for.

Who else?

Jesse White has a lot more upside than Setanta and Jesse will continue to struggle to get a game at the Swans next year given their glut of talls. Giants should pursue him for sure.

As per the OP, Brad Sewell would be a good one to go for IMO, whom will find it harder to get opportunities next year and whom the Hawks would be open to trade I am sure.

Jesse White has a lot more upside than Setanta and Jesse will continue to struggle to get a game at the Swans next year given their glut of talls. Giants should pursue him for sure.

As per the OP, Brad Sewell would be a good one to go for IMO, whom will find it harder to get opportunities next year and whom the Hawks would be open to trade I am sure.

Yeah definitely agree. Reckon White with some continuity could become a good player, thought its a lot tougher in GWS forward line as 2nd tall than Sydney as 3rd/4th.

Scott Thompson

Parker going nowhere..

Surplus of defenders?? if anything, we will be trying to secure a KPD this off season...

I'd trade you Sewell and our first pick for Taylor Adams.

If Sewell wanted to go that is.
GWS need that hardbodied midfielder. Whilst Buddy would be great for you (From a marketing point of view) I think your developing KPF's are looking the goods and just need the opportunity and some time. Need that big bodied defender.

I'd trade you Sewell and our first pick for Taylor Adams.

If Sewell wanted to go that is.
GWS need that hardbodied midfielder. Whilst Buddy would be great for you (From a marketing point of view) I think your developing KPF's are looking the goods and just need the opportunity and some time. Need that big bodied defender.

When I first read that I thought you were saying Sewell for Adams & 1st Rounder. I've had a big few days on the beers and it took me three goes to actually read it the other way around :)

Would be a fair deal. Just don't know how much footy Sewell has left. He's looked a bit off the pace at times this year IMO. Sewell would be a great example for Toby, Treloar, Coniglio and the others so I reckon it'd be a good trade.

Yeah, he's down on output a bit this year. Happened a year or two ago and he got dropped then too. Came back firing. Might be just a complacency thing.
He's pretty resilient, so I'd think 2+ years (He's 29) Which would be fine for GWS just to ease the load slightly on the younger bodies.

Yeah 2 years would be ideal. Ward and him leading the charge for the next couple of seasons, helping our guys develop and mature, so that by the time they are 21-22 are elite players is perfect.

Think it's got lots of legs, but will depend on if he wants to take that step down. Also I'm sure there are other clubs who think their window is open, who might want a midfielder like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back