GWS need

Remove this Banner Ad

The drafting of one or even all three of Paul Chapman, Josh Hunt and James Podsiadly for two years each appeals very greatly to me. Chapman to play predominately in the forward line organising it, Josh Hunt doing the same in the backline, with James Podsiadly acting as a Key position swingman. The extra bit is the leadership and experience they would bring to the club's on-field playing, off-field training and culture in general.

If we were to get Heath Shaw he could be used predominately in the mid-field. All the above with Mumford would go close to achieving our stated intentions. The mature key defender, which we have stated we need, could partly be covered by Hunt's and Podsiadly's suggested above roles. However, I think a better longer term solution would be to take one of our four 'gun' young key forwards (Boyd included here) and give him a good go down back.

The drafting of one or even all three of Paul Chapman, Josh Hunt and James Podsiadly for two years each appeals very greatly to me. Chapman to play predominately in the forward line organising it, Josh Hunt doing the same in the backline, with James Podsiadly acting as a Key position swingman. The extra bit is the leadership and experience they would bring to the club's on-field playing, off-field training and culture in general.

If we were to get Heath Shaw he could be used predominately in the mid-field. All the above with Mumford would go close to achieving our stated intentions. The mature key defender, which we have stated we need, could partly be covered by Hunt's and Podsiadly's suggested above roles. However, I think a better longer term solution would be to take one of our four 'gun' young key forwards (Boyd included here) and give him a good go down back.

I've been trying to convince people on the Fremantle BF Board of the merits of drafting Chapman but seem to fighting a losing battle. I think he would add an enormous amount to Fremantle so I obviously think he would add an enormous amount to GWS.

Chapman is one of the greats. There is a big difference between a coach saying "this is what I would like you to do" and a player on the field, demonstrating "how it is done".

I like the idea of Chapman too..not so much Hunt but he would offer something to the team but along the line of a Gilham.....I dont think Pods would be a great fit

I like the idea of Chapman too..not so much Hunt but he would offer something to the team but along the line of a Gilham.....I dont think Pods would be a great fit

Hunt would be better that Gillham but only just. His main weapon is his kick ins which is an area we've been pretty poor but that's about it. Much of a muchness otherwise. Chappy I'd have in a heartbeat. Pods is not for us.

This is the "polyfilla" plan, of getting one last year out of older players.

Generally, Im in favour of it, although that depends on the precise player.

With Cameron, boyd and Patton, Podsiadly would be a waste of space I think.You should not get him!!!!!!

As you had the cash for Franklin, I would be after Shaw, Chapman (You could give him a 2 year front loaded contract to entice him).

You already have Mumford (I reckon you will trade for him with ~ a third rounder) so then with the #1 PSD pick get someone like Andres Everitt (I dont want the swans to loose him, he actually started showing something) or another player cut a drift, maybe one of the brisbane players might be trying to get home through the PSD like Yeo, Docherty etc.....

my 2 cents

This is the "polyfilla" plan, of getting one last year out of older players.

Generally, Im in favour of it, although that depends on the precise player.

Ian,

It is a trade off with pros and cons The idea obviously is to tie us over for the two years until the young ones can stand up more on their own; also it frees up money to pay them more when they do stand up. I don't think it worked well in the year just gone because our 'fillas' were injured and/or did not perform to the required standard. The 3 amigos I nominated have the quality with the qualification that age vs injury could again dash our hopes if we took them. Mumford and Shaw (if we get him) are different as they are younger and likely to be around as the young ones truly hit their stride.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back