Expansion GWS - Question marks still linger. Can they produce their brand of football on the MCG when it matters? ( Lost 15 of 18 games at the MCG )

Can the Giants produce their best footy at the MCG on the biggest stage in season 2019?

• yes

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • no

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In a few years time when the Giants are still flagless, the AFL will turn their back on them and they will fade away into irrelevancy.

Let’s hope so.

As a dogs fan I dislike them tremendously, but tbf there is a perception issue imo. They were gifted a flag team - which puts a lot of supporters offside - but then there’s a reverse attitude that is “how the **** can they not beat st kilda (or whoever)” and “why have they not won a flag already?”. It’s like we’re offended they’re not completely dominant. Cameron has a metaphorical Ferrari, but I don’t envy him driving it.

I confess to feeling a little like that when they can’t put away the saints, but equally comfortable with them screwing up. On balance, I’ll take no GWS flag over the alternative - so bring on the draws.

Let’s hope so.

As a dogs fan I dislike them tremendously, but tbf there is a perception issue imo. They were gifted a flag team - which puts a lot of supporters offside - but then there’s a reverse attitude that is “how the **** can they not beat st kilda (or whoever)” and “why have they not won a flag already?”. It’s like we’re offended they’re not completely dominant. Cameron has a metaphorical Ferrari, but I don’t envy him driving it.

I confess to feeling a little like that when they can’t put away the saints, but equally comfortable with them screwing up. On balance, I’ll take no GWS flag over the alternative - so bring on the draws.
Is it heavily influenced by the fact the team you support doesn't footy well? My guess is it is driven by jealousy.

There is a truckload of boring football being played this year ... game is stuck in a very ugly phase

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hate their games. Their style of football is shit. They rarely win games by big margins, the Bulldogs round 1 a rare exception. I find them unconvincing and dour to watch. Their Jumpers, their ground, even their theme song is darn right ugly.

Rubbish game ATM against another equally boring unattractive team in Saint Kilda.

Giants could win the flag and their fans won't care. And nor will I. It's absolutely pitiful.
Shut up and go finish your homework.

Cool story bro.

But you posted on BigFooty not as a Facebook status that will be liked by your 5 friends who are as dumb as yourself.

GWS are the end product of a fat man's ego. They are a plastic club that barely anyone cares about.

I would happily watch them win a premiership while others cry foul and claim the competition is rigged.

I'd rather see GWS win ahead of many other teams (Melbourne, North Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, Gold Coast, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Carlton, Collingwood etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion GWS - Question marks still linger. Can they produce their brand of football on the MCG when it matters? ( Lost 15 of 18 games at the MCG )

Back