GWS Uncontracted and Free Agency Targets 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

ok some questions.

:How many years do you think he has left?

:How will GWS/team benefit?

:Coming over for the money?

:First signing that is not one of the old guys getting one more season and not one of signing which are younger. Whats the deal? He would be expecting to play every week.

Well if he plays as long as his old man his got another 8 years to go ;)
But most likely I could see him going for another 2-3 years.
That said its clearly another rumour that you need to take with a grain of salt.
But the main plus would be to have another strong mature body in the midfield who can get a ton of the ball,
and also take a bit of pressure off Ward.
Also he would be the kind of signing that would help us reach the goal set by the club of winning 5-6 games in 2013.

Apparently Shane Tuck is yours. :( Forgive me for intruding .... I'm heading back to the Richmond board to kill myself now.

Dean,

Whats the source of the rumour ? The only scenario that looks like it makes sense to me is Richmond are trying to clear cap room for a run at Cloke, as Shane Tuck is - or should be - a $1m/3 years player.

Strange how things evolve,2 years ago everybody thought tucks football life was done and dusted Credit to the bloke he has reinvented himself into a fantastic inside midfielder.

I can realistically see Tuck playing another 3 years at GWS but will be forced out of the tigers lineup in 2 years, Not because i dont rate your midfield but due to age & development taking time. Tuck would only be on a 200k a year salary and year to year contract.

Hate to see him go if the rumour is true because he is still best 22 easily, But for a team like GWS would be a fantastic pickup, But i cant really see it happening tbh, If he stays another year he will be eligable for the vets list and with the $200-$250 he would be on and taking into consideration we would have 100k discounted due to vets listing, He would still be a very very good depth player for very cheap coin for the tigers.

But if he does leave , He is 1 player that i wouldnt hold it against him Fantastic bloke

Tuck is a good get if it's true, realistically all we need at a minimum is James McDonald/Luke Power 2012 output and I'm sure he can do that...
You will get 25-30 possesions a game easily out of tuck, hard as nails and will throw himself in front of a bus to get the ball and feed it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS Uncontracted and Free Agency Targets 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back