GWS vs Swans - Free Tickets courtesy of the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, then why the **** is Vlad gambling millions of dollars and years worth of draft picks and bringing down the standard (and - given the wretched crowds GWS attract - the spectacle) of the game to force a franchise on a population who didn't ask for it and clearly don't want it?

And spare me the Nostramus act about how they'll be bigger than Collingwood by 2025 - no-one can predict the future,
and GWS's off field performance is already well south of what the AFL forecast (though their on-field performance has, admittedly, exceeded expectation).

I'm honestly stunned at how many people on this forum have unthinkingly swallowed Vald's Kool Aid regarding this cynical, sterile marketing experiment pretending to be a team.
Dude, the two new teams paid for themselves in the increased TV rights. As an Aussie Rules follower, I'm not phased by the standard of footy. In fact, I saw some old footage the other day, the 1990 GF and let me tell you that the standard has improved immeasurably. I don't think anyone has said GWS are bigger than Collingwood. The only person who said a club would be bigger than Collingwood was a Sydney person and an NRL CEO or chief.

Despite my personal hatred, our CEO has done a pretty good job. I see no evidence that the population clearly don't want it. My god, their crowds and support aren't too bad for a Sydney team. Indeed, I think it is you that has swallowed the Syndey Media's Kool Aid. Worry about your own backyard buddy.

No one is asking you to care about AFL. If you don't like it, turn the other way. Why are you losing sleep over it?

I think all of the free tickets have been allocated. Can anyone confirm this? I can't buy more tickets that's for sure.

What was the whole point of this post btw? This is nothing but trolling someone and isn't this sort of posting against the main board rules?
There was no point to that post - just like there is no point to anything you write. I have given up trying to reason with you...you don't seem to respond to any form of intelligence.

Poor little troll :rolleyes:

Oh god yes I will be taking up this offer as I have all the other free ticket offers this season. I love watching and playing AFL it is just simply taking over Sydney entirely, it's all anyone talks about these days.

Can't wait to be there in my guernsey screaming "BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" unanimously with all the other flogs there and cheering on my team towards that premiership flag.

Carn the Giants.
I actually believe that you might go along to this match. Why? Because you seem to spend so much time involed with something you hate.

Wouldn't suprise me if you go and try to yell abusive comments. I mean hey, you do come onto an Aussie Rules forum and abuse the sport and its supporters.

FFS I thought people in Sydney had so much to do with their lives (I mean that why you don't go to League matches right?) Go and find yourself another hobby.

You need some peace and happiness in your live buddy.

There was no point to that post - just like there is no point to anything you write. I have given up trying to reason with you...you don't seem to respond to any form of intelligence.

Poor little troll :rolleyes:

Haha no you haven't. All you have done is try to troll me.

I'm done with you.

Exactly right.

The media have a vested financial interest in keeping in Vlad's good books, so I can see why they have surrendered their spine and now stick to regurgitating Vlad's PR releases instead of doing journalism.

However, the amount of posters on this forum who view St Andrew as beyond reproach and uncritically hail his every move is breathtaking. Some things have definitely improved in AFL circles over the past decade (zero tolerance toward vilification, increased $ for players) - but for the most part, I find the modern game to be a sterile, soulless, Americanised product, fond of simpering, sanctimonious, posturing politically correct symbolism and corporate jargon.
Cool, don't watch it.
Find something better to do with your time.

Honestly, do you not have a life? The stress you get from worrying about the AFL and Aussie Rules will eventually kill you.

Yoga, Sailing, find yourself a hobby. I'm worried about you.

People complain that the standard of the game is diluted, but watch old games (even just 10 years ago) and you'll see today's product is much better. They're not going to be giving away tickets for eternity, it's just something to attract the youngsters as the game in its infancy up there.

And here I was thinking the OP just wanted everyone to know we could get free tickets!

In any case I won't be going and I'm a member my hatred of that shit stain that is ANZ is such I will not attend games there unless its finals time. Sorry von already gave my seat to my brother

And here I was thinking the OP just wanted everyone to know we could get free tickets!

In any case I won't be going and I'm a member my hatred of that shit stain that is ANZ is such I will not attend games there unless its finals time. Sorry von already gave my seat to my brother
What's so bad about ANZ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And neither have you. All you do is make arrogant silly assumptions.
What an absolutely bizarre, and incorrect, response. I don't think my statement was either an assumption given it's based off your posting history and... I dunno, I get the feeling you don't know what arrogant means.

Seriously, can you direct me to your last few contributions to a game day thread?

What's so bad about ANZ?
You have no idea how happy I would be if the game was at the SCG. As it is. Meh.

Every code gives free tickets to school kids and competition players. It's called connecting with the community, grassroots. All that.

Regardless, GWS are at least 3 years away from making any impact in Sydney. It's a good time to do this.

It worked!

I just got 4 tickets to my email, look like normal tickets i guess. No mention of School kids or student ID's or anything.

I guess i might go now.

haha i think he was trolling or being sarcastic. No one in Sydney is talking about the code or this game. The ones that are, are only being ambassadors for the code. I havent meet many new AFL followers and the ones that are supporting GWS were die hard AFL fans to begin with.

But lets not allow spin and media releases get in the way of the truth.
GWS fans are either new to the game or traitors.

Collingwood also give out lots of freebies each week. So do other clubs and sports be it NRL, A-League and even EPL. Who cares. It's Swans home game so has nothing to do with GWS small crowds

Geez lighten up! You are one very angry little troll aren't you;)

Here is a link of the Titans handing out free tickets in their "heartlands" lol

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/03/15/399771_gold-coast-titans.html

And just a week later they were at it again

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...rs-to-their-game/story-e6frep5x-1226312744391

When the AFL starts handing out free tickets for games in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia, I'll let ya know:thumbsu:

I know of about 80 kids that went to the Collibgwood game last week wih free tickets, I know probably not specifically 'afl' giveaways, but free tickets none the less

Also check out afl.com.au/schools

I noticed it the other day, teachers have access to freebies at all kinds of games

Very much a nonissue I would think

To be honest, if someone gave me a free ticket to a Rugby match, i'd chuck it in the bin. Would rather watch grass grow.

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS vs Swans - Free Tickets courtesy of the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back