Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
Much talk about this kid yet?

Brother of the Carlton player, kicked 3 behinds in his league debut with West Adelaide 2 weeks ago, kicked 3.3 against Port Adelaide last week in a losing side and seems to show some promise.

Is only 17 and represented Australia against RSA last year.

Feel free to direct me to a thread if I've missed something in my search.

Most of us are aware of him, and recognise that he's supposed to be a surpreme talent.

However, most of us are also Victorian, and quite honestly have barely seen any of him, if at all.

Yeah - The Idiots at the ABC rather put come crappy Doco or Arty Crao on:mad:
Station closed, in fact.

They elect to show NOTHING.

It's not like they have perfectly good games to show on replay into states that didn't get the initial airing. Oh wait, they do have those perfectly good games just sitting there. :mad:

look forward to seeing him this week vs sturt. if i remember i will come back here and give a bit of info

Be appreciated mate.

Be appreciated mate.

:eek:, i'll be honest. couldnt even tell ya if he played. I certainly dont remember seeing him. Was too busy enjoying the humiliation of his team. Ok just checked the sunday mail and he wassnt listed in the stats so definitely didnt play league, not in best or goals for ressies so maybe injured....so thats why i didnt see him.

I would also love to hear more about young Hartlett. Can't wait to see him in this years championship. Watched him play against Vic Metro last year as a bottom aged player and he looked the goods

Spoke to someone in the know today, Hamish has an ankle problem, missed the SANFL game last week, missed the first night of state training last night and will miss this week at least.

I have seen him play twice already this year (vs Eagles and Port). I will post a detailed review once I have seen him a couple more times, but I will give a little taste now.

From what I have seen, will be a 1st rounder. Oozes class, poise and skill. His first league game against the Eagles this year, Collins started him at the opening Centre bounce. Won the clearance, which resulted in a West goal within the first 30 seconds. Next clearance, won it again. Result, another West goal.

Is a beautiful right foot kick. His drop punts spin with impressive velocity and his efficiency in the two games I have seen him would probably exceed 80-85%. Textbook, clean drop of the ball.

In the Port game, he enjoyed spells on the ball and forward. It was his time up forward which impressed me during this game. Early on he took a brilliant overhead contested mark that was of AFL quality for a player his size. Ended the game with 3 goals from memory and named in West's best. His set shot kicking was outstanding. His approach is methodical, composed and fluid, which translated obviously to the scoresheet. All of his scores came from within 30-40 metres.

Hartlett also does the little things that catch the eye. Works the mark well defensively, makes quick, good decisions, has confident body language and is a good size for a midfielder. Also prepared to run behind the play, often unrewarded. Haven't seen his speed in top gear as yet.

I will hopefully see him another 10-15 times this year so by the end of the season I can give a comprehensive review come September. At this stage, a blue-chip prospect.

I have seen him play twice already this year (vs Eagles and Port). I will post a detailed review once I have seen him a couple more times, but I will give a little taste now.

From what I have seen, will be a 1st rounder. Oozes class, poise and skill. His first league game against the Eagles this year, Collins started him at the opening Centre bounce. Won the clearance, which resulted in a West goal within the first 30 seconds. Next clearance, won it again. Result, another West goal.

Is a beautiful right foot kick. His drop punts spin with impressive velocity and his efficiency in the two games I have seen him would probably exceed 80-85%. Textbook, clean drop of the ball.

In the Port game, he enjoyed spells on the ball and forward. It was his time up forward which impressed me during this game. Early on he took a brilliant overhead contested mark that was of AFL quality for a player his size. Ended the game with 3 goals from memory and named in West's best. His set shot kicking was outstanding. His approach is methodical, composed and fluid, which translated obviously to the scoresheet. All of his scores came from within 30-40 metres.

Hartlett also does the little things that catch the eye. Works the mark well defensively, makes quick, good decisions, has confident body language and is a good size for a midfielder. Also prepared to run behind the play, often unrewarded. Haven't seen his speed in top gear as yet.

I will hopefully see him another 10-15 times this year so by the end of the season I can give a comprehensive review come September. At this stage, a blue-chip prospect.

Cheers N36. ;):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how the kid plays tomorrow against W.A. along with Rich who by all reports got quite heavily tagged last week.

Not much of the ball last week but having a read of Jason McCartneys "Eye Catchers" article on the AFL website, seems to be highly regarded still.

Was considered a Top 10 pick prior to the carnival but looking at other forums it seems he's slipping down the pecking order a bit?

Would love to know how he goes tomorrow along with Rich, Yarran (if he plays???), DeBoer and also Broadbent for S.A.

Hartlett played very poorly against WA. Was tagged out of the match and only got 9 possies or something. There are better SA prospects than Hartlett in my view.

Question for the scribes over in SA.

Is this kid any good ???

Last year at the champs, he didnt impress me one bit. And this is while Michael Voss sat right behind me blowing this kids trumpet to a few recruiting heavy weights every chance he could get. ( AIS boy of course )

Cant wait to get a look at him this year at Casey and Telstra, to see what all the hype is about. I know some people who i rate highly, think this kid is a dead set GUN.

Hartlett played very poorly against WA. Was tagged out of the match and only got 9 possies or something. There are better SA prospects than Hartlett in my view.
Cotchin also had a shit day against the WA mob last year as well.

Hartlett is easily the best from SA.

Question for the scribes over in SA.

Is this kid any good ???

Last year at the champs, he didnt impress me one bit. And this is while Michael Voss sat right behind me blowing this kids trumpet to a few recruiting heavy weights every chance he could get. ( AIS boy of course )

Cant wait to get a look at him this year at Casey and Telstra, to see what all the hype is about. I know some people who i rate highly, think this kid is a dead set GUN.
Dead set gun that would look very nicely in an eagles jumper (West Coast variety of course and not woodville).

Butler, Waters, Ebert, Hartlett??

south australians may aswell go off and play in there own little league because they havent had a decent player since god knows when

and nobody give me this ohhh gibbs bullocks

he certainly hasnt lived up to the expectations laid on him and i cant see him getting much better

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back