Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

So you'd take Swift or Ziebell over Rich as they're taller?

Over Rich, no, as Rich has the best disposal out of any of the mids in this draft. But assuming Rich is gone and in all likelyhood he will be gone by pick 4 at the latest, I'd take a taller midfielder as I feel they are more valuable as they are harder to matchup on. It is not as if the taller alternatives are poor players, they are likley to be just as good as the smaller ones.:thumbsu:

Over Rich, no, as Rich has the best disposal out of any of the mids in this draft. But assuming Rich is gone and in all likelyhood he will be gone by pick 4 at the latest, I'd take a taller midfielder as I feel they are more valuable as they are harder to matchup on. It is not as if the taller alternatives are poor players, they are likley to be just as good as the smaller ones.:thumbsu:

You didn't want Myers last year because you didn't think he was a pure mid even though he played there in the WAFL, but you want Swift and Ziebell despite them not playing exclusively in the midfield.

Alright then.

You didn't want Myers last year because you didn't think he was a pure mid even though he played there in the WAFL, but you want Swift and Ziebell despite them not playing exclusively in the midfield.

Alright then.

I'd be happy with quite a few players (just not Yarran). Myers was fine, and yes I was disappointed at the time, but I do see why it was the right call- tall midfielders. We need more than one though, so adding a Ziebell or a Swift would be fantastic for our side. Both are able to play at all ends of the ground as well so it is easier to get games into them early.

Yarran did not play all the time as a midfielder. I want a full time midfielder, end of story. I have narrowed my choice at pick 5 to Hartlett, Ziebell, and Swift in no particular order. But to be honest I'll support whoever we draft, but they would be my preference. I wouldn't be against Trengove at 5 and Rhys O'Keefe at 23 though.

Why not Sidebottom? Although he has not played all the time in the midfield, he has the engine to play in that position. He also has the ability to kick goals.

Why not Sidebottom? Although he has not played all the time in the midfield, he has the engine to play in that position. He also has the ability to kick goals.

Wouldn't mind Sidebottom, he'd be better than Yarran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back