Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: A question about Hartlett

Thought he was fairly good in the contested footy today, can clearly recall him beating 2 opponents and running away from them on more than one occasion.

That said, on his standards and on what I've seen him do before, I'd give his game a 6.5/10 today. Is very very good and arguably the all round best midfielder. Only Rich I rekon could challenge.

His biggest strenght is his stopage work. Put a bit more beef on the kid and i think you have a very good clearance player.
To be he is a Daniel Cross that can kick. Has super fast hands and is very good over head like Cross but the thing that sets him above is his foot skills, is an elite kick from the 4-5 games i have seen him play.

He plays for West Adelaide who are coached by Andy Collins Ex hawk. They have only won one game so far this year, and I believe Hartlett has played seniors this year.

If he pulls up ok he will be playing league this weekend.

How good is he? What are his strengths and weakneses? I've done a search on him and there doesn't appear to be too much detail about him. He seems to get lost in all the talk about Rich, Ziebell and Sidebottom

How did he go at SANFL level?

His biggest strenght is his stopage work. Put a bit more beef on the kid and i think you have a very good clearance player.
To be he is a Daniel Cross that can kick. Has super fast hands and is very good over head like Cross but the thing that sets him above is his foot skills, is an elite kick from the 4-5 games i have seen him play.
Very good comparison.
I would put my money on Essendon going him, but they may go Sidebottom as they dont have many goal kicking mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Hartlett to Essendon @ 5

That's if he gets past Port which would be highly unlikely.

If he does, then CC is right, even if Rich is available.

Essendons first pick is probably the hardest to predict,so many names have been thrown around as to whom they may select Hartlett,Ziebell,Hurley & Vickery plus Rich if both happen to fall through to them!

Zieball or Hartlett would be my pick for Essendon. If i were them I'd be steering away from the KPP and going the gun mid with the first pick.

That means Carlton will get their man Hurley. Brisbane i doubt will pass on Zieball and Richmond i think will take McKernan. They've got the midfield now considering they have taken Thomson, time to rebuild the forward line.

Sidebottom or Swift to Kangas, Trengrove to Adelaide and Pies take either Sidebottom or Swift depending on who the roo's passed up on.

I have a source mates with Hartlett but I don't want to give away the name as it's unfair to him (as he is also a recruiter for Freo), just wait and see until draft day and if i'm wrong I'll cop the abuse.

They were joking about Hamish getting them free tickets to the ANZAC clashes etc...

I have a source mates with Hartlett but I don't want to give away the name as it's unfair to him (as he is also a recruiter for Freo), just wait and see until draft day and if i'm wrong I'll cop the abuse.

They were joking about Hamish getting them free tickets to the ANZAC clashes etc...
Ok, now, you've just brought my hopes up. Come draft day if Hartlett is available and Essendon don't pick him, I'm gonna hate you! :p

Quick, inside and outside, nice off both feet...what's not to like?
I agree. It's just that the Hartlett rumour has died down and everyone seems to be assuming we are going to take Hill

I'm just wondering if jgb has heard something

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back