Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

he was captain of sa under 18s a few years back??

geez they bread only the best in sa
Phases mate.

3 or 4 years ago it was SA with the cream of the crop with Butler, Hurn, Waters, Cooney, Griffen, etc.

Now its WA's turn with Ryder, Clark, Burger, Gumby, Kennedy, Masten, Palmer, Myers, Rich, Natanui, etc, etc.

he was captain of sa under 18s a few years back??

geez they bread only the best in sa

Even this crap SA U18's team could polish Richmond (the cream of the AFL) off.

Don't throw stone if you live in a glass house Henry.

This is probably the attitude your recruiting manager had when passing on SA's Pavlich for Fiora....Tell me, hows that panning out for you? Didn't Fiora eventuate into Knobel? How's he doing?

Knobel....Pavlich.....hmmmmm

Keep your home state recruiting policy then, we'll just take the best available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won't beat Farmers Union thats for sure :thumbsu:

Now all this crap - as someone said it goes in phases. Some of the best kids in the AFL have just come out of SA and now they are mostly coming out of WA. The wheel turns and will keep turning. This years side is ok but there is only ONE really good player in Hartlett aint that right Hodgey ;)

Seen lots of Hartlett just as I was finishing my scouting back in SA, was an exceptional junior, very very fit, beautiful kick and a solid all round footballer who kicks goals playing midfield roles. Didn't see the game V WA looks like he got heavily tagged and didn't handle it, but nor did Cotchin last year. Is a very very good kid who would absolutely be a first round pick and be good enough to warrant top 6 or 7 selection. If the crows nab him I'll start my naked run right now.

Well, Hamish had a quiet start to the match, his first 2 disposals were kicks he turned over. However, as the match went on, he got better and better. Had a lot of attention from the U/20's, and whenever he found the ball was usually shut down in 1-2 seconds with a strong tackle. Wriggles with ferrocity when tackled, gets the arms free and can dish of a handpass. Played the first half in the middle, second in the backlines, but kicked 3 goals - an angled snap from memory, a long set shot and a long running shot. Whoever said his drop punts spin fast - they do!

His team mates looked for him and used him where possible, but the 18's weren't allowed much free play all day by the 20's who used their bigger bodies to advantage, and won by 11 or 12 goals.

FYI - the umpiring went well, was made easy by plenty of sausage rolls straight over the hat...the way you like it ;)

You won't beat Farmers Union thats for sure :thumbsu:

Now all this crap - as someone said it goes in phases. Some of the best kids in the AFL have just come out of SA and now they are mostly coming out of WA. The wheel turns and will keep turning. This years side is ok but there is only ONE really good player in Hartlett aint that right Hodgey ;)

Seen lots of Hartlett just as I was finishing my scouting back in SA, was an exceptional junior, very very fit, beautiful kick and a solid all round footballer who kicks goals playing midfield roles. Didn't see the game V WA looks like he got heavily tagged and didn't handle it, but nor did Cotchin last year. Is a very very good kid who would absolutely be a first round pick and be good enough to warrant top 6 or 7 selection. If the crows nab him I'll start my naked run right now.

Look forward to seeing him twice in the next few weeks, see what all this fuss is about.

Ill get back to u then with an opinion :p

Hartlett's first league game was not this year, but last year against South at Noarlunga.

He was in the best 3 on the ground in that game.

He plays for West Adelaide, who have produced plenty of great AFL players; Cooney, Porplyzia, Waters, and about 15 other current listed players.

Sorry if my write up was a bit lacking guys, I don't really know exactly what to look for, and while trying to concentrate on the game it was a bit difficult to focus on him too much. What I did see though, very impressive. Hopefully the Victorian posters will be able to add their 2 cents worth in a couple of weeks

Hartlett's first league game was not this year, but last year against South at Noarlunga.

He was in the best 3 on the ground in that game.

My first league game too!! :eek:

A question about Hartlett

Just watched the SA v NSW game.
I know Hartlett is rated as the second best mid, he does seem to be a real accumulator, putting himself in the right position to get handball receives from around packs.

Can someone who has seen more of him, enlighten me as to his clearance ability?
It didn't seem to be the strongest part of his game today.
It didn't look like he was doing a lot of inside work. Although his height was an advantage in getting his arms free on a few occasions.
It was encouraging that he went hard when needed.

Re: A question about Hartlett

Quite the opposite IMO. I thought he was really good inside at the stoppages - got 1st possession frequently and showed his clean hands to advantage.

Re: A question about Hartlett

Quite the opposite IMO. I thought he was really good inside at the stoppages - got 1st possession frequently and showed his clean hands to advantage.
I agree.

The majority his touches were in close. Which made the stats even more impressive. Not many soft touches until the end of the game when it really began opening up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back