Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hartlett to Essendon @ 5

I've heard that it's a sure thing that we'll take Yarran, Hurley, Hartlett, Ziebell.

We could be a dynasty!

Any4 of those players you should be happy with,
although its hard to believe you will take Yarran coz you already have Lovvett, Davey, Jetta, Lovett-Murry

Any4 of those players you should be happy with,
although its hard to believe you will take Yarran coz you already have Lovvett, Davey, Jetta, Lovett-Murry

Do Essendon have a limit for the amount of aboriginal players they can have on their list, cause some of those players aren't similar at all. May as well put Ryder in.

Seems like he has all the attributes of a classing goal kicking midfielder, just lacks a little bit of consistency with his kicking. It's fair to compare him to Palmer, i honestly think they are just about par in terms of talent.

For what its worth I just have a feeling he may go to Freo. I dont know anything concrete, I dont know recruiters, i dont know of a mates mate mate that was drinking at the pub with his ex girlfriends auntys dad or anything just a gut feel.
From what I have seen of him he is all class and at least on a par with the likes of Cooney, Gibbs, Deledio, Palmer etc etc at the same age. Whoever gets him I believe will get a guy that will be at the very worst a very good player and at best could be anything. If I had topick any guy in the draft taht was guaranteed to be a very good, say 200 game player I would take him.
At least from Freos point of view the go home factor is almost non existent (he probably cant wait to leave Adelaide)! hahaha
Freos record with SA draftees and keeping them is pretty good (Pav, Schammer etc)

From what I have seen of him he is all class and at least on a par with the likes of Cooney, Gibbs, Deledio, Palmer etc etc at the same age. Whoever gets him I believe will get a guy that will be at the very worst a very good player and at best could be anything. If I had topick any guy in the draft taht was guaranteed to be a very good, say 200 game player I would take him.

I agree with this. I think Hill will be a good player, but I don't like the fact that he is pretty much purely an outside player. I like midfielders that can win a contested ball and kick goals. Out of all the mids available I think Hartlett has the most complete game

I'd be happy with Hartlett at 5, he looks a gun in the making. Mind you this year it will be VERY hard to stuff up a top10 selection as they all look good. Even Yarran who I don't particularly want will end up a good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't you want him if he'll end up a good player?

Purely because there are too many ifs and buts with him, will he or won't he be a midfielder..and to be honest our list is not strong enough to take punts.

Didn't he play as a utility? Yarran played as a midfielder until he got an injury.

Yarran did not play all the time as a midfielder. I want a full time midfielder, end of story. I have narrowed my choice at pick 5 to Hartlett, Ziebell, and Swift in no particular order. But to be honest I'll support whoever we draft, but they would be my preference. I wouldn't be against Trengove at 5 and Rhys O'Keefe at 23 though.

Yep, but both fit my criteria, ability to play tall as a midfield, creates versatility, also in today's game the taller midfielders are harder to match up on. I don't mind Ziebell as his footskills are superb, and that would suit our gameplan. Swift is a midfielder, more than Yarran at least. Hodge plays off the HBF sometimes, I'd still call him a midfielder.

But you wouldn't call Yarran a midfield despite him playing up the ground and pushing forward?

Okay.

I'd rather pick a taller midfielder and the other options fit the criteria a bit more. That is the primary reason. We need more taller midfielders.

Why do you want Hartlett then?

Probably the "safest" of the small options. I do feel if you ask me right now I'd rather go for a tall midfielder though so Swift and Ziebell come into play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish Hartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back