Remove this Banner Ad

I'm kind of still weighing it up.

Reasons for Collingwood

- Play a good brand of footy as opposed to the deplorable Saints footy

- Some good blokes like O'Brien and Maxwell who would be deserving of a flag

- Been the best side all year

- Means saints can't hang it on us for being stuck on one flag

Reasons against Collingwood

- I know everyone hates Collingwood due to their supporters and whilst I kind of do too, it wasn't until a few weeks ago when being stuck near their cheer squad that I remembered why everyone hates them after years of kind of being indifferent to them. The thought of those horrible bastards celebrating a flag is a nauseating prospect

- Arseholes like Didak and Swan as premiership players

- We'll never hear the end of it

- It's funny when Collingwood lose

Reasons for St Kilda

- Similar to us with hard luck and close calls in finals

- Have some mates that support them who like us have been through it all and would give their left nut to see a flag

- Wouldn't be so bad with media coverage if they do win as opposed to the Pies winning

Reasons against St Kilda

- Still pissed off at their antics in last year's Prelim

- Thought of Milne being a premiership winner just as horrible as Didak/Swan

- Whilst not in the same vein as Didak/Swan/Milne I don't like Riewoldt and don't want him to have a medal

- Some of their supporters are a disgrace and are just as deserving of more pain as the good ones I mentioned above are of a flag

After weighing that all up?

I guess the Pies. Just. Although I may sway to St Kilda later in the week after reconsidering.

I am afraid I am joining you people on this one and never thought I would support Collingwood in a GF. But here are my reasons;

1. Stephen Milne & Scneider - can you imagine how these two would perform on the presentation dias if they won?
  2. Ross Lyon - have always considered his attitude to be smug and didnt even have the decency to recognise Jonno or our team after last nights game.
  3. Luke Ball - the way St Kilda treated a former captain was simply terrible.
  4. Grant Thomas - has always poured crap on the Bulldogs.
  5. Nick Reiwoldts soft free kicks - especially the dive he took in last years preliminary final and goaled.
  6. Farren Ray - probably a nice bloke but would hate to see him win a premiership playing for another club.
  7. They have beaten us in the past preliminary finals.
  8. Their virtual abuse of the draft/trade system to get so many first round players on their list.
  9. Their supporters seem to love having a crack at the Bulldogs - which I simply cant understand because their clubs record is no better than ours. (except they have played in a few more GF's)
Call me unsociable but I wouldnt be upset to see their skipper with tears again because that is how our blokes have felt when they have taken our dream the past couple of years.

THIS.

Through all of the down times I've always been able to say "at least we're not St Kilda". They win next Saturday and that disappears. We'll be the only Victorian club with one flag.

Come on Collingwood, PLEASE don't let St Kilda win. :eek:

Your probably right to barrack for collingwood over St kilda in the grand Final. Look at how the Collingwood supporters respected your champion Brad Johnson 2 weeks ago. They are a class act.

Collingwood are scumbags for disrespecting Johnno like that, and many many more reasons. But St Kilda are St Kilda.

My only care is for round 1 2011. The result of this one means nothing to our club.

I was sitting in N54. The bay to my right was full of Sk. Kilda tossers.
yeah i was sitting near you. im guesisng you're refferring to that absolute tool saint kilda guy who would not SHUTUP the whole time, sitting 3 rows back. just ridiculous

I really feel sorry for bulldogs fans, and note I don't insult you with the cute diminutive "doggies". You have all endured the same pain of no success for longer than even saints fans. But the abuse is unjustified. if you had played collingwood, you would be even more upset by the rabid reaction of their fans.

Well, I guess with some success (not that its much in our case) comes the hatred. Anyway, I still feel sympathy for you guys having been in the same position as us over the last 100 years, so if it aint the Saints, its the dogs all the way for me.

I hate Pies supporters, I like the way their club goes about their job, ego-driven and passionate. Hope they win by one point with a Ball free kick 10m out, with him hitting the point post. Agonising.

Anyone who took a single trip to Victoria Park in the 80s can't barrack for Collingwood against anyone!
Still can't support Saints after last year.

I'm taking the kids to the Show on Saturday!:D

Anyone who took a single trip to Victoria Park in the 80s can't barrack for Collingwood against anyone!
Still can't support Saints after last year.

I'm taking the kids to the Show on Saturday!:D

Going to Moorabbin when St Kilda was playing there was no better than Victoria Park. Windy Hill when Essendon was playing there was in the same category.

Going to Moorabbin when St Kilda was playing there was no better than Victoria Park. Windy Hill when Essendon was playing there was in the same category.

As a teenager, I could handle the verbal abuse at the Hill and Moorabbin. They tended to fight with the adults in my family.

Having Coke Cans and spit hitting me on the head at VP was another matter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a teenager, I could handle the verbal abuse at the Hill and Moorabbin. They tended to fight with the adults in my family.

Having Coke Cans and spit hitting me on the head at VP was another matter!

I remember as a 13 year old getting whacked with a umbrella by this mid 40's women just for cheering the Dogs at Moorabbin. Being the precocious little shit I was back then, I gave it to her for the rest of the afternoon verbally till she moved away from the area (had my little section of Dogs supporters chanting goodbye to her). :cool:

Oh and don't want either team to win however Collingwood and reasons here.

I'm kind of still weighing it up.

Reasons for Collingwood

- Play a good brand of footy as opposed to the deplorable Saints footy

- Some good blokes like O'Brien and Maxwell who would be deserving of a flag

- Been the best side all year

- Means saints can't hang it on us for being stuck on one flag

Reasons against Collingwood

- I know everyone hates Collingwood due to their supporters and whilst I kind of do too, it wasn't until a few weeks ago when being stuck near their cheer squad that I remembered why everyone hates them after years of kind of being indifferent to them. The thought of those horrible bastards celebrating a flag is a nauseating prospect

- Arseholes like Didak and Swan as premiership players

- We'll never hear the end of it

- It's funny when Collingwood lose

Reasons for St Kilda

- Similar to us with hard luck and close calls in finals

- Have some mates that support them who like us have been through it all and would give their left nut to see a flag

- Wouldn't be so bad with media coverage if they do win as opposed to the Pies winning

Reasons against St Kilda

- Still pissed off at their antics in last year's Prelim

- Thought of Milne being a premiership winner just as horrible as Didak/Swan

- Whilst not in the same vein as Didak/Swan/Milne I don't like Riewoldt and don't want him to have a medal

- Some of their supporters are a disgrace and are just as deserving of more pain as the good ones I mentioned above are of a flag

After weighing that all up?

I guess the Pies. Just. Although I may sway to St Kilda later in the week after reconsidering.

Man...you present a cogent argument for loathing both teams....as I do. The questions for me is Does the Collingwood treatment of Johnno three weeks ago outweigh the sheer crassness of St Kilda supporters on Sat night? I think I have to go with a slight support for Collingwood. They have been great all year. And with all of those Collingwood and St Kilds fans watching the game the streets will be safe for a few hours. :p

First time I've ever considered not watching the Grand Final. Might turn it off after the retiring players parade.

I despise both clubs, but Saints are the more despicable at the moment.

I really feel sorry for bulldogs fans, and note I don't insult you with the cute diminutive "doggies". You have all endured the same pain of no success for longer than even saints fans. But the abuse is unjustified. if you had played collingwood, you would be even more upset by the rabid reaction of their fans.

Well, I guess with some success (not that its much in our case) comes the hatred. Anyway, I still feel sympathy for you guys having been in the same position as us over the last 100 years, so if it aint the Saints, its the dogs all the way for me.

I dont think you people actually read the reasons why the Bulldogs supporters on this thread are not barracking for the Saints in the GF. Its nothing to do with hatred as most people have legitimate reasons ... I for one have the following resons (which I posted earlier in the thread) and these are exactly why I dont want St Kilda to win on Saturday.

1. Stephen Milne & Scneider - can you imagine how these two would perform on the presentation dias if they won?
  2. Ross Lyon - have always considered his attitude to be smug and didnt even have the decency to recognise Jonno or our team after last nights game.
  3. Luke Ball - the way St Kilda treated a former captain was simply terrible.
  4. Grant Thomas - has always poured crap on the Bulldogs.
  5. Nick Reiwoldts soft free kicks - especially the dive he took in last years preliminary final and goaled.
  6. Farren Ray - probably a nice bloke but would hate to see him win a premiership playing for another club.
  7. They have beaten us in the past preliminary finals.
  8. Their virtual abuse of the draft/trade system to get so many first round players on their list.
  9. Their supporters seem to love having a crack at the Bulldogs - which I simply cant understand because their clubs record is no better than ours. (except they have played in a few more GF's)

There's no hatred .... I just dont like you for the above reasons. I am sure some of your people have similar thoughts about us and other teams. End of story.

Go Pies

The Pies will win. All year teams have come up against the Dogs and been flogged the week after.

Goshitski is a complete liability.

On Saturday night Reevolt(ing) clearly played a deliberate out of bounds and was not pinged. A few minutes later Tom Williams dropped a mark with Reevolt(ing) on his hammer and when Tommy ran out of bounds the ****ing cheat had the nerve to remonstrate for a free for deliberate OOB.

For such a great athlete, he has zero class and cheats at every opportunity.

I'll go for the Pies anytime. The last GF I attended was the 1990 GF and I was delighted that the Pies smashed Sheedy's head-hunters.

I will never, ever, forgive Reevolt(ing) for last years dive after half-time.

Karma is a bitch.

On Saturday night Reevolt(ing) clearly played a deliberate out of bounds and was not pinged. A few minutes later Tom Williams dropped a mark with Reevolt(ing) on his hammer and when Tommy ran out of bounds the ****ing cheat had the nerve to remonstrate for a free for deliberate OOB.

For such a great athlete, he has zero class and cheats at every opportunity.

I spotted that too Wayniac and thought exactly the same.

I spotted that too Wayniac and thought exactly the same.

He is a dead set cheat who always looks for free kicks and is a cry-baby wuss who throws his toys out of the pram when he doesn't get his own way.

The sad thing for him is that he doesn't need to play that way as he is obviously a very, very good player.

guys dont get your blood pressure to up, its in good hands, the pies will end the contest early, the bbq's around the nation will be in full roar in the second half as there will be nothing of interest to non competing club supporters. if i supported a different club i wouldnt be willing the saints to win a gf lets have a look milne enough said, montagna, the sook, gardiner, the coach, a defence that boasts stars like dawson, blake, eddy mcqualter, geary, ray, gilbert the pies will smash the raping saints by 67 points. the dogs did it in march and pies in september i say its good for football..

guys dont get your blood pressure to up, its in good hands, the pies will end the contest early, the bbq's around the nation will be in full roar in the second half as there will be nothing of interest to non competing club supporters. if i supported a different club i wouldnt be willing the saints to win a gf lets have a look milne enough said, montagna, the sook, gardiner, the coach, a defence that boasts stars like dawson, blake, eddy mcqualter, geary, ray, gilbert the pies will smash the raping saints by 67 points. the dogs did it march and pies in september i say its good for football..

This is what I mean by their supporters. So torn, maybe endless draws till they give up on the season? :cool:

This is what I mean by their supporters. So torn, maybe endless draws till they give up on the season? :cool:
cmon ant it will all be over soon enough, it wont be as bad as you think, acutally i would like to thank the dogs for their contribution to this year's season, just iron out a few things get the pups more games next year i would love a dogs pies granny.... no bs enjoy the final 4 quarters to the season with open a mind, it might be the bluprint on how your club will invest its energies in coming seasons.. 2TONE has posted his final transmission on your board for the year good luck next season..:thumbsu:

For the first time I can recall, I have zero interest in this year's grand final. The years been too exhausting...glad it will soon be over. I'm done.

Who do I hope wins? Hate both teams (apart from Lenny Hayes) but favour Collingwood simply becaause they've been outstanding all year and deserve the premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to believe, I am barracking for the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back