No Oppo Supporters Hardwick rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it respectful.
Thread will stay open purely to prevent the topic from being filtered through other threads.
Remember, human beings are involved here.
If you want to comment, play nice.
Vulgar or inappropriate posts will be deleted without hestitation and infractions may occur.

Last edited:
it's a little too quiet in the mainstream/AFL/Richmond media on this, feels exactly like the Rhyce Shaw case with only BF and random Tweeters talking about it in a vacuum, therefore I think there could be smoke here.

Agree that Dimma will likely not be sacked, but something has gone down imo.

If it's "sacked" in the past tense then pray why has the club not announced it?

Are they planning on waiting until the new season before appointing a replacement?

I think the only serious comment I can make is that if the club didn't sack him in 2016, I'd want an official club announcement to convince me they've sacked him after the start of the pre-season, after winning three premierships in four years, and with not a whiff of scandal in the popular press.

"Dimma resigned" is a rumour I'd take seriously because those sort of things can come out of nowhere -- especially given his marriage break-down. "Dimma sacked" not so much.

Last edited:

"Out of touch"? Nah? Surely not this guy. 🤣 🤣 🤣

I can't imagine how many hoops have to be jumped through before these nuffies acknowledge that "a Richmond related scandal" has no basis in fact.

I expect these sort of commentators to run with "Dimma sacked" even whilst Dimma's leading us to our three-peat on grand final day 2021.

His post-grand final tweet will be something about how "scandalous" it is that the AFL let a sacked coach remain in his position through the whole season! :rolleyes:

it's a little too quiet in the mainstream/AFL/Richmond media on this, feels exactly like the Rhyce Shaw case with only BF and random Tweeters talking about it in a vacuum, therefore I think there could be smoke here.

Agree that Dimma will likely not be sacked, but something has gone down imo.

What about the countless other rumours that only circled on social media and BigFooty without ever being picked up by the media? I don't see how this is any different to those. Just because the Rhyce Shaw one happened to be real, doesn't mean this is. As far as I'm concerned, there has been absolutely no evidence presented; just a bunch of messages sent pushing the rumour and an audio recording that may not even exist.

Hi people, I come in peace.
I know a couple of journalists (not sports) and asked them about why something like this hasn't been broken. I was told that much like the Rhys Shaw mental health issue, it won't be reported until 100% of the facts are found out due to slander laws. Most accredited journalists won't touch it until then because they could have their jobs and livelihoods at risk if only a little bit wrong.

I'm not saying its true at all by the way, just stating a reason as to why its not broken in the media. I reckon dimma is a cracker of a coach and a bloke, be a massive loss if he has to go.

The part where they say "players and Peggy want him gone because it's what he did to Rance" makes me think okay, this is bs now.

Dimma didn't get rid of Rance, the club wanted him back.

Load of crap.
Agree 100%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think this is worth discussing yet in my opinion because it is not yet confirmed. We can at least give Hardwick that space because what we do know is that his marriage broke down.

If it turns out that Hardwick is sacked then we’ll probably find out from official sources sooner or later (probably soon). I’ll reserve my judgements and comments until then.

Hi people, I come in peace.
I know a couple of journalists (not sports) and asked them about why something like this hasn't been broken. I was told that much like the Rhys Shaw mental health issue, it won't be reported until 100% of the facts are found out due to slander laws. Most accredited journalists won't touch it until then because they could have their jobs and livelihoods at risk if only a little bit wrong.

I'm not saying its true at all by the way, just stating a reason as to why its not broken in the media. I reckon dimma is a cracker of a coach and a bloke, be a massive loss if he has to go.

I'm not buying this.

They could still report that "a coach of a major Melbourne team is rumoured to have been sacked because of 'reasons'" and they've done this sort of thing before. The fact is that footy media is a competitive field and footy journos are narcissistic campaigners always looking to big-note themselves. They'd report something if there was something to report simply so they could brag about being the ones who broke the news -- even if it was short on details.

Anyway, if I'm wrong, I'm still not buying the rumour until the club makes an announcement.

I think rumour is true. On the Richmond fc site in the milestones section it says Benny Gale played his last game against Lions in 2001 final 20 years ago. He left disappointed and the wound hasn’t healed and has reopened on that anniversary. Blames Dimma. Wanted him
gone. As good as confirmed by club with that milestone reference.

Even if the affair part is true is it a sackable offence?

At the end of the day it was two consenting adults having an affair, sure the optics aren’t great but it’s pretty common as well and not illegal

I heard a pretty disgraceful rumour from a pretty big source as well regarding another Richmond identity Changed how i viewed the guy completely...

I heard Balme went to a restaurant and ate everything at the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant

May I add,

As we stand behind Sydney Stack right down after his 37th offence whilst he is behind bars, would make no sense to fire Hardwick.

If anything - support program in place to help him if he needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back