Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah like I said people still would pick him over anyone in the draft but the claims on here from West Coast fans that he’s miles ahead of anybody are just ridiculous. Windsor and Wilson from the same draft have been consistently good and right up there.

Can you blame them? Everyone had Harley Reid shoved down their throats for the last 6 mths + of last season before he was anybodies to fawn over.

Still, we haven’t reached Daicos or Ginnivan levels.

I would happily take Reid at pick 1.
Even more so when he said he wanted to play for Collingwood pre-draft.

It's going to get very old the media fornicating him over every textbook thing any decent AFL player can do.
Equally as old as people taking every quiet game to claim he’s overrated. Along with Yeo, he basically won the derby. How many first-year players have that kind of impact? He’s 19, he’s gonna have some quiet games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel i cant make a call on whether theres anyone ahead of Reid for the rising star until i know what their favourite grocery store is.

Harley Reid reveals his #1 grocery store https://www.perthnow.com.au/stories/harley-reid-reveals-his-1-grocery-store/

I saw Harley Reid at the Herdsman Lake supermarket in Churchlands last week. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I saw Harley Reid at the Herdsman Lake supermarket in Churchlands last week. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

This copypasta was funny once, a decade ago.

Equally as old as people taking every quiet game to claim he’s overrated. Along with Yeo, he basically won the derby. How many first-year players have that kind of impact? He’s 19, he’s gonna have some quiet games.

We get the same thing with Daicos, they're just jealous

He was fine today, did a few things and took a speccy in a tough game

Coasting to the Rising Star

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just thought a discussion without those key statistics was pretty unauthentic whether it was purposeful or not.

Obviously they don’t play the same position but when a player is getting more disposals, better efficiency, less turnovers, more contested, more clearances, and more score involvements they are probably having the better year.

Loving Wilson’s year and he looked like a jet on Saturday, but Reid has him covered in just about every statistical measure as I said.

No surprise a Daicos fan doesn’t see the value in contested ball. Look forward to Harley sitting him on his arse this weekend.

Did Harley Reid play this week? This post hasn’t aged well 😂

Terrible decision to rest him in hindsight Eagles trying to get too cute. Will probably struggle for the rest of the year then demand a trade

I would happily take Reid at pick 1.
Even more so when he said he wanted to play for Collingwood pre-draft.

FWIW

Not to split hairs but his desire to play for Collingwood was not based on joining that football club per se but simply on a situational interest in joining them as they were the #1 team at the time.

IIRC his answer regarding who he’d most like to play for was something along the lines of “Either Geelong, because I barracked for them, or Collingwood, because they just won the GF.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back