Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Mac Andrew literally signed the same deal 6 weeks ago… i think Harley is getting something similar if Mac got it
I heard Mac Andrew was 12-14m over 9 years and it had some sort of 4 year clause. It's still a stupid deal and the biggest but a fair bit short of 20m.
After indexing that’s his wage.
Lies No GIF

Ablett was probably on 2m a year but that included 50% AFL top up not in the salary cap. Even someone in the GOAT convo couldn't get GC competitive. Judd was amazing but got injured and lost some pace. Dusty was amazing in finals and for 5 years but not 10. Fyfe was similar in his prime but it didn't line up with Freo's peak and his body got smashed.

10 years is crazy on top money.
Yeah I think that kind of offer is a non-starter for anyone

Mac Andrew literally signed the same deal 6 weeks ago… i think Harley is getting something similar if Mac got it
Another thing on this deal, any team not just copying GC's list strategy but going even bigger is in for a whole world of pain. They operate in a very strange place where picks hold less value and they need to pay extreme overs to just hold average players or recruit anybody.

His contract will be triple so definetly alot more. Not triple the amount of draft picks but its silly to say they are comparable
No sillier than comparing it to the Bolton deal.

I’m measuring against salary offers for Harley Reid. We can afford 10/20 without breaking a sweat. We can afford such a contract because of our better salary cap situation. Offering it to Reid to stay is much more logical use of money then say giving 1.5 mill to a 26 year old man as a example

Pay the extra to keep the quality. Otherwise why have free salary cap room? Should we offer 1.2 mill, have him leave and then take 3 teens picks instead?
Sure give him 1.5m per year that's not an issue, it's total that was throwing me because at $20m (the upper bound of what you out forward) is a 13+ year contract.

Another example though is Shai Bolton. He is on 900k but it’s indexed against salary cap increases . He will get a 30 percent pay rise which puts him on around 1.3 mill

If Bolton is on 1.3 mill, then Reid getting 2 mill. Clayton Oliver will be on like 1.5 mill in comparison also. 2 mill will be about right for Reid when comparisons are done. Especially from a club like Eagles who have ample salary cap room to make it work
You know that if it's indexed then the % of Bolton's cap share doesn't magically increase yeah?

Bolton's cap share is 5%. That's half what you're arguing Reid will get.

It's 900k based on 13.5 mill remember.

With the salary cap going up to 17.7 mill his salary will be rise to 1.2ish mill....
Um. You said he was on 900k. Are you now saying he's on 1.2m now?

Coz 1.2m is still not 7.5% of 17.7m.

Correct. He signed a contract in 2024 because that is the year we are in right now. His contract is indexed up as will all Freo players this year.
1.2 isnt 7.5% of 17.7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Harley Reid's manager is any good he won't be signing a 10 year deal until he is 23-24 years old. If they are smart maybe extend the contract to 2028 if he wants to stay at the Eagles a bit longer and then when he is 23 and shop around for the Big contract.
If I'm his manager, I'm making sure his contract ends as Tasmania is coming into the competition. Even if he wants to stay with West Coast, even if he has zero ambition to play for Tasmania, I'm positioning him to milk that situation for everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back