Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Afl GIF by Essendon FC
I was hoping for Courtney Johns

Its why St Kilda signed Ben King to a new deal. Give him 2 mill a year for 2024/2025 since they have this insane amount of free space others dont so when 2030 comes he is on 500k a year/bugger all

Good work by the Saints. They finally got both King's on the payroll. Their fans have something to celebrate... Even if Ben still plays for Gold Coast.

I think you mean Max King.

So Reid’s taking millions of dollars less to go back to Victoria ?

No if the Eagles offer him 2 mil (which they wont) he will stay there because no one else will offer him that.

Only team who can afford the trade will also be down in the toilet. Next contract will be solely around securing his economic future

He knows he'll make his money from his off field image anyway. He strikes me as a player who would like to have success. If West Coast rise up the ladder next year, perhaps you may be right. I don't see it though, particularly with a gaping hole in defense now missing.

He knows he'll make his money from his off field image anyway. He strikes me as a player who would like to have success. If West Coast rise up the ladder next year, perhaps you may be right. I don't see it though, particularly with a gaping hole in defense now missing.
So, no other #1 pick struck you as players wanting success, despite the majority staying at the clubs they were drafted to?

Harley a special case for the Vics, it seems.

So, no other #1 pick struck you as players wanting success, despite the majority staying at the clubs they were drafted to?

Harley a special case for the Vics, it seems.

I have heard from those in the know that he wants to be back with family and friends. He may indeed do what you say and stay for the $$$ but he's going to get paid regardless.
The lure of being back home along with playing for a team that will contend in the next 5 years is going to be a major factor.

I have heard from those in the know that he wants to be back with family and friends. He may indeed do what you say and stay for the $$$ but he's going to get paid regardless.
The lure of being back home along with playing for a team that will contend in the next 5 years is going to be a major factor.
Every kid in their first year away wants to be back with family and friends.

Most end up staying.

Also, he's with friends in Perth, specifically his best mate, who he lives with.

He won't be seeing his family all that often if he was living in Melbourne either. Probably not much more than he currently does.

Hey guys haven’t read all the posts in this thread.
Most seem to be what his next contract be worth.
Just curious what he would be worth in draft pics if he wanted out ?

Hey guys haven’t read all the posts in this thread.
Most seem to be what his next contract be worth.
Just curious what he would be worth in draft pics if he wanted out ?
3-4 first rounders you’d think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocked that Geelong are jerking off to the prospect of Harley only wanting 200k a year and a Cotton On life membership showbag
Not even sure why they're frothing over the thought of him to begin with, they weren't even his first choice when clubs asked who he wanted to play for at the combine, if he had a choice.

Collingwood was...

Not even sure why they're frothing over the thought of him to begin with, they weren't even his first choice when clubs asked who he wanted to play for at the combine, if he had a choice.

Collingwood was...
He’s such a level headed kid I reckon he’ll stick loyal with you guys. It’s not like Perth is as far away from Geelong as Collingwood like Ollie Henry had to endure

Shocked that Geelong are jerking off to the prospect of Harley only wanting 200k a year and a Cotton On life membership showbag

Can someone point me in the direction of said showbags?

I heard if you enter in the code: "HARLEY" online you get a 20% discount on any future Harley Reid white tee and Linen pants ranges

Collingwood was...

He's a Geelong nuffie mate. His favourite player ever is Joel Selwood.

When he said who he was excited to play with at the Eagles he said, "Tim Kelly and Jamaine Jones" :tearsofjoy:

He's a Geelong nuffie mate. His favourite player ever is Joel Selwood.

When he said who he was excited to play with at the Eagles he said, "Tim Kelly and Jamaine Jones" :tearsofjoy:
Irrelevant.

In club interviews he told all clubs he'd play for Collingwood if he had a choice, because he wants the big MCG games.

Said Geelong 2nd, because he supported them.

Also, most players don't pay any attention to the club they supported a few month into their career.

Reads like hopium from Geelong fans.

If he does return to Vic, he won't be choosing Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back