MRP / Trib. Harris Andrews - Elbow to Coniglio's Head

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
It would seem Harris Andrews is in trouble for the elbow he applied to Coniglio's head that put him out of the game. At no time did he have eyes for the ball... the intent was clearly on making head high contact on Coniglio.

It would seem Harris Andrews is in trouble for the elbow he applied to Coniglio's head that put him out of the game. At no time did he have eyes for the ball... the intent was clearly on making head high contact on Coniglio.

Awful take based on a lack of critical thinking and misleading front on, split-second footage.

The side on footage speaks for itself. Andrews and his direct opponent are both lining the ball and that is where there attention rightly is. Trying to stop his direct opponent marking.

Coniglio drops back into the space, which naturally makes Andrews's vision shift as Coniglio enters from his peripheral vision right in front of him.

"At no time did he have eyes for the ball" is such a silly take. He had eyes for the ball right up until the second Coniglio drops in.

Think about the ludicrous leap of logic you have to go to to claim it was an intentional act from the get go...

Andrews: "Alright, I am going to pretend to follow my direct opponent at full clip out to this marking contest, but it's all a just a cunning ruse in case Coniglio decides to back into the pack and arrive just at the same time we do... then I am going to brace my elbows so that I can pinball him into my opponent's hip".

Awful take based on a lack of critical thinking and misleading front on, split-second footage.

The side on footage speaks for itself. Andrews and his direct opponent are both lining the ball and that is where there attention rightly is. Trying to stop his direct opponent marking.

Coniglio drops back into the space, which naturally makes Andrews's vision shift as Coniglio enters from his peripheral vision right in front of him.

"At no time did he have eyes for the ball" is such a silly take. He had eyes for the ball right up until the second Coniglio drops in.

Think about the ludicrous leap of logic you have to go to to claim it was an intentional act from the get go...

Andrews: "Alright, I am going to pretend to follow my direct opponent at full clip out to this marking contest, but it's all a just a cunning ruse in case Coniglio decides to back into the pack and arrive just at the same time we do... then I am going to brace my elbows so that I can pinball him into my opponent's hip".
The consensus from the 69 replies is that Andrews had no eyes on the ball. Your one-eyed interpretation is of no surprise as he would be a big loss.

If the MRP do their job, he gets suspended.

The consensus from the 69 replies is that Andrews had no eyes on the ball. Your one-eyed interpretation is of no surprise as he would be a big loss.

If the MRP do their job, he gets suspended.

Andrews is safe thankfully.

Impossible to find him 100% guilty of the act but given its Harris Andrews I have no doubt his intention was to hurt Coniglio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I completely agree with you, we've seen this occur when a player contesting the ball braces at the last second and ends up with high contact - they're still adjudicated as "electing to bump" and suspended.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Harris Andrews - Elbow to Coniglio's Head

Remove this Banner Ad

Back