Harry McKay hit on Harry Sheezel

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree it's not literally medium, but the issue is the latest guidelines.

"Impact: Notwithstanding any other part of these Guidelines, any Careless or Intentional strike which is of an inherently dangerous kind and/or where there is a potential to cause serious injury (such as a strike with a raised elbow or forearm) will usually not be classified as Low Impact even though the extent of the actual physical impact may be low.

One week or the MRP has to throw out their guiding regulations.

Negligible impact but he did catch Sheezel high with a completely unnecessary forearm. I'd probably just go with a free kick but they're actually doing a punishment based on the action and not the outcome which is a nice change.

I think the point is that the initial contact is to the shoulder.

Which is why it was graded as 'careless' and not 'intentional'.

Doesn't change the impact.

Nameless Carlton fans who believe that this below stillframe "proves" McKay didn't hit Sheezel in the head are delusional.

img_0140-jpeg.1653789

Nameless Carlton fans who believe that this below stillframe "proves" McKay didn't hit Sheezel in the head are delusional.

img_0140-jpeg.1653789
It proves the initial contact was to the shoulder and slipped to the head which by the time it got there the force was negligible.

We had a player get off at the tribunal last week for that very same thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's exactly the point.
Nobody is denying that he got him high (hence the free kick). But arms to the shoulder slipping up to the head is hardly a 'medium impact strike'.

MRP Guidelines:
"any Careless or Intentional strike which is of an inherently dangerous kind and/or where there is a potential to cause serious injury (such as a strike with a raised elbow or forearm) will usually not be classified as Low Impact even though the extent of the actual physical impact may be low."

It proves the initial contact was to the shoulder and slipped to the head which by the time it got there the force was negligible.

We had a player get off at the tribunal last week for that very same thing
You wont get it. He only gets upended when the forarm hits the head - that's enough.

You can spend your 10k however you like though.

MRP Guidelines:
"any Careless or Intentional strike which is of an inherently dangerous kind and/or where there is a potential to cause serious injury (such as a strike with a raised elbow or forearm) will usually not be classified as Low Impact even though the extent of the actual physical impact may be low."
You reckon that had the potential to cause serious injury?
Please.

i don't think the fact that sheezel went to ground makes it medium impact, sheezel went to ground because of the impact of mckay's lower body running into his, the high contact didn't knock him significantly at all. it was a late hit that deserved to be a free, should get off if they challenge it

Nothing says I'm offended more than when people try to get an opposition player suspended after a loss :tearsofjoy:
How about when the Vic Media try to get your players suspended after every incident that would be completely ignored if they played for a 'Big 4 + Geelong' team, with a 'good bloke' defence thrown in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry McKay hit on Harry Sheezel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back