Harry O’Brien is irritating!

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry O is great. If half of you took the same approach to life the world would be a much better place.

Is TheClokes the biggest imbecile poster on BF ? Should have a poll !

Believe it or not the fact this guy plays for Collingwood has nothing to do with why I think he is a w***er. That interview during the Saints game got me hook, line and sinker. Even if he was a Bombers player I could readily admit he was a w***er. I can admit that Kyle Reimers is a w***er. It is not actually that hard.

Now you've lost me. Comparing Harry O'Brien to Kyle Reimers just shows how much of a flog you are.

For so long people have said AFL players are not role models as an excuse for every piece of rubbish behaviour they come out with. Now we have one who wants to be a role model and we bag him for being ahead of himself. As a parent I know who I would rather my children model themselves on Harry O or Dids.

Harry O speaks with passion on a number of issues including suicide, an issue which is in the too hard basket for most. He speaks to children and adults about mental illness and depression. He speaks when others are off hitting golf balls or working on their tans. His personal involvement in issues is just that it's his personal involvement. Maybe he does want to change the world and good on him if he does because as we have seen here there are many who would rather sit behind the anonymous world of BigFooty and snipe away rather than doing anything constructive for the world.

Ghandi said be the change you want to see in the world and God help us if we lose people like Harry O to the moaning minority!

hahahahahahahahaha - i think i've found my new sig :D

We're not laughing at him because he's different. The fact that he expects the prime minister of Australia to t up a meeting with him and the president so he can feed off 'like minded people' is outrageous. He's elevating himself up to stand alongside the world leaders (bypassing our own prime minister in the process - he's just a pawn to get him to the big man).

A lot of people want to do good things in this world but when semi famous people (or any celebrity) lose all sight of humility and modesty it's erking to watch. I have the same problem with famous people like bono as well. They're self important and carry on like charity began when they thought of it. **** off, millions of people devote large amounts of time and money to good causes and are modest enough to do it without having their head splashed over the papers.

Harry could be a genuine, well intentioned guy and this is just a case of him exploited by the collingwood PR division. If i was harry's personal PR manager, i'd tell him to stay away from journos for the next year or so.

Elevating past Rudd can't be that hard :D.

Look at the end of the day it is all about opinions, i absolutely agree with your last paragraph. I think he is being exploited by the media because he is different to the majority of AFL players actually has something to talk about, and again I think that the majority of Bigfooty posters find this annoying, playing for Collingwood doesn't help Harry either.

I actually don't mind guys like Bono because even though they may seem like w***ers, they are promoting positive things while having their faces shown all over the media. At the end of the day, i would much prefer someone like Bono being shown on TV than a Lindsay Lohan.

Edit. Harry's opinions are simple, but sometimes we should just focus on the simple things, for example a little more love and care for each other would be a good start, being a cyclist, the amount of jerks i see is alarming.

I honestly didn't know if you were joking with that last paragraph (now i realise you weren't)

no point

I actually was and you showed how quick people to judge. Your having a go at a bloke who spends his holidays with HIV affected children and a reference to Ghandi makes you giggle?? Do mum and dad know you have got past the cyber nanny?

I actually was and you showed how quick people to judge. Your having a go at a bloke who spends his holidays with HIV affected children and a reference to Ghandi makes you giggle?? Do mum and dad know you have got past the cyber nanny?

Alex.1.jpg

You're having a go at someone who teaches english to refugees and holidays with HIV affected children.... disgrace

Oh my god nicky is a self-promoting twat not dissimilar to Harry O'Brien. I wish these people would stop tyring to make the world a better place, it makes for such boring reading. I'd much rather read about Fev and Barry Hall, what a joke :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you can play an instrument, so what?

That's not me. :) But seriously, don't play the drama card when it's not necessary, flog behaviour.

I doubt he can play an instrument, i am sure he likes to pretend he can though.

Quite a conclusion to make from an unrelated picture. :confused: Incorrect too, I can play an instrument. Maybe if you two took your hand off yours you'd see Harry for the flog he is.

That's not me. :) But seriously, don't play the drama card when it's not necessary, flog behaviour.

Quite a conclusion to make from an unrelated picture. :confused: Incorrect too, I can play an instrument. Maybe if you two took your hand off yours you'd see Harry for the flog he is.

I was just judging you without knowing you, don't get so defensive.

Whistles aren't instruments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry O’Brien is irritating!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back