Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Every year the media talks about Port over paying and having no cap room. Every year it turns out to be false.

Port don't pay their recruits anywhere near what the media claims and their ability to keep recruiting proves it.

One thing Port do well is manage the cap.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Outside of JHF who they did pay a sizeable contract for, most of the other incoming recruits have been low level - so while they would have provided a good pay bump (Sweet would have been on the minimum, Esava and BZT would likely have been under the average or about the average wage, Soldo was a bit above average) but Port haven’t got a heap of big name players on monster contracts like a Carlton. Dixon would have been coming off decent contracts and even Boak would be on a fair amount less than he used to be.
They also have a heap of kids playing

Particularly if Houston goes - they would have plenty of room to recruit and keep the guys they want

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good, didn't think much of him . Keep Morrison instead.
Perryman is a lucky man to be out of contract at the right time with the increasing salary caps. He should take the highest offer on the table as he is never again going to get the attention or pay packet that is being talked off.

He is just an AFL player and at 800K+ per year, yeah I think the Hawks would be stupid to get rid of Morrison.

If Port are offering that sort of coin, I wonder how their supporters are feeling now in releasing a better player in Karl Amon for $650K only just a few season ago because he was too costly.

Perryman is a lucky man to be out of contract at the right time with the increasing salary caps. He should take the highest offer on the table as he is never again going to get the attention or pay packet that is being talked off.

He is just an AFL player and at 800K+ per year, yeah I think the Hawks would be stupid to get rid of Morrison.

If Port are offering that sort of coin, I wonder how their supporters are feeling now in releasing a better player in Karl Amon for $650K only just a few season ago because he was too costly.
Amon was not released he asked for a trade to return home, same as Jarman Impy and what Dan is doing

Could have sworn the PA army was arguing that Hawthorn overpaid and that KCornes and Rucci were leading the way with an incorrect and club-fed 700K+ per year.

There’s been a lot of stories about whether it was going to be St Kilda or Hawthorn.

“What Hawthorn have put on the table; there’s no way Port will match that in the free agency.”

SEN SA co-host Kym Dillon asked: “How much?”

Rucci replied: “It’s five years around $700,000-plus.”

Former Port Adelaide winger Karl Amon is officially a Hawk, joining the brown and gold on a four-year deal as an unrestricted free agent.

The 27-year-old, who finished 12th in this year’s Brownlow Medal count, chose Hawthorn over Melbourne and St Kilda.

Amon’s deal is understood to be worth about $650,000 per season after he averaged 24 disposals, four inside 50s and almost 500m gained in what was arguably a career-best year in 2022.

He made the All-Australian squad of 40 last season with similar numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have sworn the PA army was arguing that Hawthorn overpaid and that KCornes and Rucci were leading the way with an incorrect and club-fed 700K+ per year.

There’s been a lot of stories about whether it was going to be St Kilda or Hawthorn.

“What Hawthorn have put on the table; there’s no way Port will match that in the free agency.”

SEN SA co-host Kym Dillon asked: “How much?”

Rucci replied: “It’s five years around $700,000-plus.”

Former Port Adelaide winger Karl Amon is officially a Hawk, joining the brown and gold on a four-year deal as an unrestricted free agent.

The 27-year-old, who finished 12th in this year’s Brownlow Medal count, chose Hawthorn over Melbourne and St Kilda.

Amon’s deal is understood to be worth about $650,000 per season after he averaged 24 disposals, four inside 50s and almost 500m gained in what was arguably a career-best year in 2022.

He made the All-Australian squad of 40 last season with similar numbers.

What's the point of all this? I don't think you'd find many Port fans who didn't like Amon and still would prefer he was on our list.. but as i recall it, he was a free agent who exercised his right to return back to Victoria.

Who's to say if Port matched Hawthorn's contract that he wouldn't have still preferred to go to Hawthorn anyway?

What's the point of all this? I don't think you'd find many Port fans who didn't like Amon and still would prefer he was on our list.. but as i recall it, he was a free agent who exercised his right to return back to Victoria.

Who's to say if Port matched Hawthorn's contract that he wouldn't have still preferred to go to Hawthorn anyway?
My initial point was that Perryman is not worth anywhere near the $600K mark let alone 800K and that he would be foolish not to take the highest offer on teh table.

It then reminded me that Port who seems okay paying the $800k now to an inferior player, was very reluctant to pay Amon $600K only two years ago and were questioning his worth. He may not have stayed. But that wasn't the story they were running with at the time and downplaying him after making the 40 man squad.

I am sure he and Port are happy now regardless.

Sounds like you are okay with paying 800K+ to Perryman?

I would have thought Port would be seeking better than Perryman for 800K after forking out on Ratagaoloiue last year.

My initial point was that Perryman is not worth anywhere near the $600K mark let alone 800K and that he would be foolish not to take the highest offer on teh table.

It then reminded me that Port who seems okay paying the $800k now to an inferior player, was very reluctant to pay Amon $600K only two years ago and were questioning his worth. He may not have stayed. But that wasn't the story they were running with at the time and downplaying him after making the 40 man squad.

I would have thought Port would be seeking better than Perryman for 800K after forking out on Ratagaoloiue last year.

I think that is all fair enough assessment. Seems to be a bit of desperation from Port in trying to get Perryman over the line.

Although at the same time, multiple clubs have been into Perryman, so i think any club that gets him will end up paying overs, as is the case for most UFA.

Port could've been offering Amon $800K, it still wouldn't have helped with the goal of being in Melbourne closer to his family.

I think that is all fair enough assessment. Seems to be a bit of desperation from Port in trying to get Perryman over the line.

Although at the same time, multiple clubs have been into Perryman, so i think any club that gets him will end up paying overs, as is the case for most UFA.
A free hit is a free hit

Port could've been offering Amon $800K, it still wouldn't have helped with the goal of being in Melbourne closer to his family.

Amon is a good player, but even Hawthorn themselves have probably paid overs considering they got D'ambrosio for a packet of chips and he's been the AA squad member..

in some ways it evens out

I agree that, generally speaking, Perryman doesn't seem worth $800k per year but it's hard to judge player payments from the outside because $800k means something different to every club. I'm sure $800k to Sydney, means something very different than to Richmond. Yes, paying $800k to Perryman might mean that they can't afford to pay Butters when his contract is next up, but I doubt it. I am sure that the Port Powers list management is competent enough to consider that. If they deem that they can afford to spend $800k per year on a player, then they might as well spend it on the best player they can attract - which in this case appears to be Perryman. That is especially true when you consider that Port Power are coming off a top four finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Harry Perryman [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back