Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest, even if Ziebell has a ripping season exceeding all expectations, you'd still get the same people here on the polls board and Bay 13 calling him a plodder with average kicking, the worst endurance, slow etc, and that 95% of other players are better, including someone like Watts..
Are you seriously trying to tell me that Ziebell is a more maligned player on BF then Jack Watts?

A very good poll imo.

There aren't many young players in the competition that i wouldnt hesitate to put Shuey in front of skill wise, but both Hartlett and Martin are very good kicks and definitely made me stop and think. Martin can nail the 55m goals and Hartlett has a penetrating and accurate boot. Shuey is extremely dual sided; kicked more goals on his wrong foot (his left) in 2011 than his right. When you see him running into goal he will just as often as not use his wrong foot, seems extremely comfortable to kick on either and doesnt try to force a kick on his preferred foot that isnt there like some players do.

Shuey the quickest, Martin the strongest/most powerful, Hartlett the silkiest. All 3 very skilful players. Havent seen enough of Ziebell to comment but he was excellent against us in the elim final when the majority of his team was absolutely deplorable.

While its hard to compare now after AFL preseasons but Martins draft camp 20 Meter sprint was the quickest at 2.89 seconds and best repeat sprint time. But i think hartlett was injured and didnt do the tests. Shuey had the best agility and beep test.

Watching them play, I just feel like Shuey uses it to better effect. He often runs away from stoppages/takes a bounce through the middle of the ground and burns off his opponent. Martin may very well be quicker but just seems more likely to lay a fend off or bust a tackle.

Aww the poor thing.

Watch from 0:24 to 3:30.

Lol that you even showed this. Shuey had a couple of fractures and OP. Not even close to two clean breaks of each leg. Thanks for proving the point.

Lol that you even showed this. Shuey had a couple of fractures and OP. Not even close to two clean breaks of each leg. Thanks for proving the point.
You think a broken leg is worse than OP?

lol. This just shows how much bias you have. I'd take 2 broken legs over OP any day of the week, let alone adding 2 fractures as well.

lol. This just shows how much bias you have. I'd take 2 broken legs over OP any day of the week, let alone adding 2 fractures as well.

You think a broken leg is worse than OP?

When one player plays 15% more game time then the other, don't the results speak for themselves?

One player's injury has them behind the curve in terms of fitness while the other is able to stay on the park for an above average amount of time.

Not implying for a second that natural fitness isn't a big part of this, but you have to take into account that an injury to somebody who isn't naturally fit is going to have a lot more impact then on somebody who is naturally fit.

You look at Ziebell now and you think that he really could have benefited with two extra years of uninterrupted running, while it's hard not to watch Shuey and think that his injuries are behind him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin is so far in front of Ziebell yet averaged 2.7 more disposals, 2.5 LESS CP, 0.8 LESS tackles. (Last year) Yeah light years ahead:rolleyes:
All that says is Ziebell has a better inside game than Martin, or Martin has a better outside game than Ziebell. Martin has more strings to his bow.

All that says is Ziebell has a better inside game than Martin, or Martin has a better outside game than Ziebell. Martin has more strings to his bow.

Or they are playing different roles. We are using JZ as a clearance player. But i would like to see him more as a distributor by foot, becuase contray to those in this thread that look at efficeincy, Ziebell is very damaging by foot. He doesn't get to use this as much however when he is hacking a kick out of congestion though.

What are the strengths?

Ziebell has a great inside game, great tackler, great kick for goal and great leadership. Ziebell's fitness/TOG is a massive ???? and will determine whether he makes the step into the next group of midfielders. Blame 2 broken legs to a limit. Needs to up % this year or should be considered stagnant.

TOG is the only thing keeping him in 4th place in comparison to the other players.

But i certainly agree that Martin has more strings than Ziebell and the other 2 as well for that matter. The ability he has shown to rest forward and play against good defenders and still kick goals is what will ultimately make him the best of the 4. Assuming he keeps his head together (which is something West Coast, Port and North supporters do not have to worry about).

Or they are playing different roles. We are using JZ as a clearance player. But i would like to see him more as a distributor by foot, becuase contray to those in this thread that look at efficeincy, Ziebell is very damaging by foot. He doesn't get to use this as much however when he is hacking a kick out of congestion though.
Ziebell is as good by foot as Stanton. Solid, but nothing special
What are the strengths?

Ziebell has a great inside game, great tackler, great kick for goal and great leadership. Ziebell's fitness/TOG is a massive ???? and will determine whether he makes the step into the next group of midfielders. Blame 2 broken legs to a limit. Needs to up % this year or should be considered stagnant.

TOG is the only thing keeping him in 4th place in comparison to the other players.
Martin has the potential to be a top 3 player in the AFL IMO. He has v. good skills on both sides, has an inside game, good pair of hands and can play forward

Ziebell is as good by foot as Stanton. Solid, but nothing special
Ziebell has good accurate penetration too. But yes not as good as Dusty.

Martin has the potential to be a top 3 player in the AFL IMO. He has v. good skills on both sides, has an inside game, good pair of hands and can play forward
Fair enough too. Still don't see the Ziebell inclusion to this poll as a 'WTF?" (I know you didn't claim that, someone else did)

Incorrect. Ziebell is celebrated by North supporters (that watch him every week) for his disposal. Stanton is derided by some Essendon fans (to the point of an injury being celebrated) for his.
There are idiots in every supporter base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back