Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/no...t/news-story/c8df816ee98d3ad91cee42ddeafb7203

Everyone saying you can't go as a free agent if you knock back an offer plz read
That's the club being nice, and saying it's not really that important to us, so we'll call you delisted, rather than required. You can then go wherever you want.

If they are a good player, this doesn't happen. Imagine Alex Rance saying no to his next contract offer, and then walking to the club of his choice for nothing.

It is the end of trades between clubs if all you have to do to be a free agent is refuse an offer.

Yeah, but GilPender told me that Yardie's full of sh*t.
Hmmm I know Yardie in real life. He's not bad. GilPender seems to be Billy's dad. It doesn't matter and it's not worth getting into a fight over.

Yeah, but GilPender told me that Yardie's full of sh*t.
Sorry but I am convinced that GilPender is Billy's dad. I can't be bothered doing the research and finding out for sure. Anyway. There's nothing wrong with GilPender.

Clearly a player can knock back an offer and go as a delisted free agent. I'd be surprised if Billy was not sailing on that boat
The club still has to delist you.

If they say they want to keep you, and you still want out, you have to nominate for the draft.

You can't just go to the club of your choice by refusing a contract. Only UFAs after 8 years service have that right

This....

I don't know if it has something to do with Billy's attitude or behaviour (nothing like that is apparent from the outset) or it is something to do with the long term vision of the team build. There seems to be no consistency in the delistings (and re-listing to me though). I really hope Clarko is onto something and it's not another Vickery-gate.
Your 100% right. These moves are part of a way bigger long term strategy. These players had a massive chance to stand up and take thir careers to the next level. The clock was on and they missed the beat.

Your 100% right. These moves are part of a way bigger long term strategy. These players had a massive chance to stand up and take thir careers to the next level. The clock was on and they missed the beat.
I suspect it's all part of a plan to win the next premiership.
What do you think?

I suspect it's all part of a plan to win the next premiership.
What do you think?
I think you are right.

The players delisted were not going to win us a premiership nor were they going to make any real contribution.

Better to cut them loose & hopefully find a couple of players to take us to our next tilt

I don't give a rats arse who's dad or family member is on here, Billy is levels and levels and levels above the footballer that Dallas is, the delisting is bizarre from the outside looking in. Whatever the case, we all move on, whatever. Billy will get another chance somewhere, he will play senior footy, he will look a million bucks at times and he will run around like a headless chook the majority of the time.

GL to the kid, but gee how we have still committed to Dallas is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread feels a lot like Groundhog Day.

giphy.gif

Isn't it delisted free agent signing period now? I'm surprised a club hasn't already taken him if they're going to.
Clubs HAVE TO draft someone - three players. If there is no quality in the draft, and there is no value in rookie upgrades, Billy wouldn't be the worst draftee.

Clubs HAVE TO draft someone - three players. If there is no quality in the draft, and there is no value in rookie upgrades, Billy wouldn't be the worst draftee.

I'd be really suprised if he wasn't drafted. Would ahve thought the Eagles were one club that would benefit from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back