Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry Sarah
I’ve only just woken up
I rolled over, the opposite way to which I usually roll & got outta bed on the wrong side.
Now my entire day is doomed. I know not to get out of bed on that side, but I did it anyway
I hope your day gets better.

I hope your day gets better.
I’m going to work on improving it

Maybe by not reading why Willsmore is being rookied & Hartung is being delisted

A self imposed ban on this thread, but before I go, Willsmore had a contract ;) & Billy isn’t an AFL standard footballer :mad:

We
Does anyone know why we are keeping Willsmore?

Worst decision since we spent pick 9 and 16 on Burgoyne
need to give 15 to someone, thought Dallas was the guy?

Last edited:
Look I understand people don't rate Hartung and yes perhaps he overplayed his hand with his contract but the level of vitriol is disturbing...

I hope he gets another chance and does well.

Not sure I would call it disturbing. It's along the same lines of crap Hartung copped when he was on the list.

Why did he deserve better? Last night he claimed to just be giving us 'the facts' which included making up narratives where Matt Suckling came back from long term injury to 'steal' Hartung's grand final spot - conveniently ignoring that Suckling played 25 games that year.

He then went on to suggest that Suckling had 'shitty' form (despite averaging 19 touches as a rebounding defender and playing some games as the sub) - this despite him out scoring Billy by almost double in the B+F count.

Not once did he have the guts to say 'yup totally got it wrong'. I've put my foot in it half a dozen times here - each time I've happily admitted it.

When someone is pushing an agenda and making crap up to suit that agenda - they don't deserve 'better' - they deserve the hard questioning he copped.
Why did he deserve better? If GilPender is Billy Harting's dad (as preposed by many in this thread) then he may well be in distress after Billy's delisting (most fathers would be). Irrespective of the veracity of his arguments, some level of kindness should be infused in each post.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did he deserve better? If GilPender is Billy Harting's dad (as preposed by many in this thread) then he may well be in distress after Billy's delisting (most fathers would be). Irrespective of the veracity of his arguments, some level of kindness should have infused each post.

I wasn't being unkind - I was merely pointing out that he was wrong on numerous occasions. If player welfare was on his mind then he certainly didn't hesitate laying in Matt Suckling. If someone just continues to spout incorrect crap I'm not going to let it slide because they *might* know the player in question. I wasn't mean to the guy - I was just pointing out that the points he was arguing were wrong.

As I heard a political speaker say a few times in a video last night: “The facts don’t care about your feelings”.

I can empathize with how Hartung and any close family member may feel about his delisting, but no one should need to over look objective facts to spare some feelings. Particularly when (if it is them) they’re making the false claims.

I wasn't being unkind - I was merely pointing out that he was wrong on numerous occasions. If player welfare was on his mind then he certainly didn't hesitate laying in Matt Suckling. If someone just continues to spout incorrect crap I'm not going to let it slide because they *might* know the player in question. I wasn't mean to the guy - I was just pointing out that the points he was arguing were wrong.
Cheers 89Adopter. :) well said and all good.

As I heard a political speaker say a few times in a video last night: “The facts don’t care about your feelings”.

I can empathize with how Hartung and any close family member may feel about his delisting, but no one should need to over look objective facts to spare some feelings. Particularly when (if it is them) they’re making the false claims.
Great quote and true. But people in Bigfooty should care about the feelings of the person they are talking to...

Last edited:
Great quote and true. But people in Bigfooty should care about the feelings of the person they are talking to...

In the 35 or so years I've supported the Hawks, I've liked how we really have behaved like "the family club", even quite recently. If some are pulling up because they are concerned about how his family might take it then I think that is a good thing. And, I think this is probably happening because I don't see a lot that is too upsetting on here.

True. AFL players are viewed primarily as commodities not human beings, and then the anonymity and physical disconnection the internet and text based forums like this provide just brings another level of seperation.

Why did he deserve better? If GilPender is Billy Harting's dad (as preposed by many in this thread) then he may well be in distress after Billy's delisting (most fathers would be). Irrespective of the veracity of his arguments, some level of kindness should have infused in each post.
I was told by Yardie that GilPender is Hartung's dad. It would make sense.

Not sure I would call it disturbing. It's along the same lines of crap Hartung copped when he was on the list.

Comes across as someone that lacks self confidence... always second guessing the situation and hence not always making the right decision.

Is it ok to state that?

Comes across as someone that lacks self confidence... always second guessing the situation and hence not always making the right decision.

Is it ok to state that?

Gets a tick from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back