Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hartung isn't training with any other clubs.....

Surely if anyone was interested in taking him as a rookie then he would be training with them.

I can't believe he would not be picked up. Maybe he's put a price on hsi head and everyone is baulking at it. If I was the Eagles I would certainly consider him.

Possibly Hartung has an offer from another club which they are keeping quiet to avoid competition in the national draft.
Maybe. But why wouldn’t Hartung or his manager be spreading the word wide and far? Competition means a bidding war and that means more money and/or years.

I can't believe he would not be picked up. Maybe he's put a price on hsi head and everyone is baulking at it. If I was the Eagles I would certainly consider him.
I heard he was going to either Brisbane or West Coast.

why pick him up as a DFA if you can get him as a rookie?
don't have to pay him as much and less impact on TPP yet can still play him 22 games if you want

If he gets picked up I reckon it will be rookie draft

why pick him up as a DFA if you can get him as a rookie?
don't have to pay him as much and less impact on TPP yet can still play him 22 games if you want

If he gets picked up I reckon it will be rookie draft
Gee thats a massive fall from the purported offer from Hawks.

2years on senior list at $275 turns into a 1 year rookie deal on minimum chips

Same. Surely at least 1 club would be interested....surely.

Would you reject a deal from Hawthorn and not know the market? Surely not....but then again Xavier Richards...

Would you reject a deal from Hawthorn and not know the market? Surely not....but then again Xavier Richards...
Hawthorn didn’t offer him a contract towards the end of the year. He was offered a 1 year contract at the start of the year but knocked it back as he wanted a 2 year contract. Would be regretting that decision now.

Think Billy has far more to offer than Richards ever did... I'm tipping Eagles, Suns or Lions.

Maybe. But why wouldn’t Hartung or his manager be spreading the word wide and far? Competition means a bidding war and that means more money and/or years.
Last time Billy tried for a bidding war he got left at the altar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If "You were the last pick in the draft after literally every other club had passed" isn't the wake up call he needed to turn his attitude around, nothing will be.
second last pick, Blues grabbed Garlett afterwards
and he didn't end up a rookie which surprised me

Pick 24 to 77 , from the greatness of Hawthorn to the Shinboners, how the heck does that happen in the space of four years to a 22 year old?? Extraordinary!

Is that it from a senior list point of view. So the club isn’t going to use the two remaining senior list spots? Not including the CJ selection who's a category B rookie and Willsmore who will be re-rookied, am I right to assume that we have three live picks in the rookie draft?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back