Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that it from a senior list point of view. So the club isn’t going to use the two remaining senior list spots? Not including the CJ selection who's a category B rookie and Willsmore who will be re-rookied, am I right to assume that we have three live picks in the rookie draft?
You've asked this already. GW has said in interviews we will go with 38 on the primary list barring an exceptional option appearing as a DFA.

Clearly clubs don't really rate him that highly.... pick 77 speaks volumes.
His career is as good as over. Still I wish him all the best.

Would Hawthorn fans say hartung has horrible skills?

Decision making is his downfall. His feet are twice as fast as his brain so he runs himself into trouble and panics. If he had Brad Hill’s vision and decisiveness then he’d be a strong wingman - being that he doesn’t he fits right in as a discard at Norf.

Would Hawthorn fans say hartung has horrible skills?
He is an athlete first and foremost. Billy's problem is that he lacks a great footy brain and so his instincts lag well behind his feet. He can run all day, break lines and still panic if an opponent comes near, or blocks the obvious avenue. He can kick quite effectively if given space and time. But, he can still frustrate the living day lights out of you. I wonder if these traits can be trained out of a player who lacks the initial instincts of a footballer, but has been in the system for a while. Seems doubtful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many of you said Hartung wasn't an AFL footballer - I guess you've all got egg on your faces now!
Proved the doubters wrong.

He can run all day, break lines and still panic if an opponent comes near, or blocks the obvious avenue.

Yep the thing that shat me the most is how easy he is to corral. As you have pointed out once the exit space is covered he is as good as useless. Once he has a finger laid on him in a tackle he is goneski so just treads water and goes backwards.

The other thing that killed me is his complete and utter lack of interest in contesting the ball in the air. Would stand and watch the ball land in the drop zone rather than get there to effect a contest.

A shocker.

Many of you said Hartung wasn't an AFL footballer - I guess you've all got egg on your faces now!
Hahahaha...No worries, Mr Hartung...

Taken last pick in a shit draft...oooh, yeah, we're all looking foolish now. :drunk::drunk:

I guess we won't see you around here much, have fun on the North board. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Average skills. Just poor decision-making. Rushes and panics too much

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On the surface you would think a gut running player with reasonable skills would fit brilliantly in to Clarkson's possession game plan.

He obviously showed something as a kid to go so high in the draft. Perhaps he just needs a simplified role.

The big problem with Hartung was that at our club he wasn't a team player, kept doing his own thing, refused to fit in to team standards and the major
reason he's now gone to north.

Wright & Clarko didn't think he was an AFL player.

Guess he sure showed them, too!

Hey Billy's dad. How does it feel that your son is playing for the worst club in the AFL?

I feel a bit sorry for Hartung

Of course, I don’t know the ins and outs of our game plan, but it seemed to me that on a number of occasions he would break free of traffic on a wing, sprint 10-15 meters, look up, and have no-one to actually kick the ball to, as was Clarko’s want of having extra numbers back

So in keeping with possession style footy, he would stop, back pedal, stuff around waiting for an option, and either get caught, or turn the ball over

Brad Hill, for example, always had someone to kick to when running forward of centre

Sometimes game styles/plans can alter a players natural strengths, and Billy’s strength is line breaking and fast movement into a forward line

Still going to erroneously claim you have zero personal connection to the guy? You’re more transparent than a window convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back